On Board Silhouette

dkjretired

On board Silhouette yesterday for first cruise this season from Florida. As expected we had a bit of a delay due to inspections but it was only a half hour or so and did not effect check in, just waited after we were checked in. For those driving, we left from pier 25, park at mid port parking area, very well marked. I have sailed out of FLL a number of times but first time I drove in, it really was fairly easy. Drop off passengers and luggage first.

Cruise Critic party was this morning, first sea day at 10:30. I have had more active roll calls and have avoided them in the past occasionally due to a probem one time but this group was quiet but very nice. It was a little odd but the ship printed out name tags with our names on it, should have done it with screen names, nobody knew who to talk to, it was weird, every party I've every been to the name tags had CC screen names.

Any other questions ask, I'll try and answer and get back. One of the cuts which wife and I noticed is no more half and half at coffee stations, not a deal breaker but we do enjoy our coffee with half and half.

Edited by dkjretired

On board Silhouette yesterday for first cruise this season from Florida. As expected we had a bit of a delay due to inspections but it was only a half hour or so and did not effect check in, just waited after we were checked in. For those driving, we left from pier 25, park at mid port parking area, very well marked. I have sailed out of FLL a number of times but first time I drove in, it really was fairly easy. Drop off passengers and luggage first.

Cruise Critic party was this morning, first sea day at 10:30. I have had more active roll calls and have avoided them in the past occasionally due to a probem one time but this group was quiet but very nice. It was a little odd but the ship printed out name tags with our names on it, should have done it with screen names, nobody knew who to talk to, it was weird, every party I've every been to the name tags had CC screen names.

Any other questions ask, I'll try and answer and get back. One of the cuts which wife and I noticed is no more half and half at coffee stations, not a deal breaker but we do enjoy our coffee with half and half.

Have a wonderful cruise! We watched ya'll sail away yesterday and were very jealous!! We sail on the Silhouette in April:) Two quick questions; was champagne served upon boarding? Always thought this was a special touch! Also, what type of music was playing in and around the boarding area? Atrium area?

Thanks and have a fun vacation!!

Laura

It won't be long until some friends will be boarding this ship with us in January. I will be reading your updates carefully because, as you know, there have been lots of questions about the ships and service lately. Thanks for posting!!

What is the best route into the port arriving by car from I-95 southbound. Will be arriving on Sunday Jan 5th and there are seven ships in port that day. I read that there was construction on the interstate leading in ,I-595, I believe, and someone suggested State Road 84. We're thinking about arriving around 11:00 AM . Thanks!

Any chance you can take and post pics of the MDR menus each evening? Trying to book specialty restaurants, but don't want to miss out on a good MDR night.

DITTO! That would be great!! Oh, wait...are you doing Eastern or Western?? I believe it's Western....let us know!

Edited by RealDeal

What is the best route into the port arriving by car from I-95 southbound. Will be arriving on Sunday Jan 5th and there are seven ships in port that day. I read that there was construction on the interstate leading in ,I-595, I believe, and someone suggested State Road 84. We're thinking about arriving around 11:00 AM . Thanks!

I live in the area and you should have no problem getting on 595 from 95 to go east to the port. Almost all the 595 construction is west of 95. I was on 595 westbound coming from the aiport to 95 last week, no delays. Enjoy. We will be on the Silhouette in March.

Enjoy the cruise. Will be on the Silhouette in March. Appreciate if you can let us know what times are the shows. Trying to plan dinners around the show times. Thank you.

Silhouette did that same thing with the name tags on my late September sailing and I agree it was odd / difficult to mingle. I would have at least liked a space where we could write in our CC screen names ourselves like I've seen Royal do.