Beauty items you can't live without when you travel

ClassyGame

Hey all! I thought it would be interesting to see what products other cruisers can't leave home without when they go on a trip. I'm always on the hunt for new beauty stuff to try! :)

Here are mine:

- Bautiste dry shampoo - lifesaver for in-between washes!

- My Clarasonic

- Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray - my face gets so oily in the humidity!

- NARS eyeshadow primer - the only way my eyeshadow will last without creasing.

- Lorac Unzipped eyeshadow palette - probably my favorite eyeshadow palette of all time! It has my favorite colors for everyday, plus some gorgeous shades to smoke it up at night.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

Edited by ClassyGame

Hey all! I thought it would be interesting to see what products other cruisers can't leave home without when they go on a trip. I'm always on the hunt for new beauty stuff to try! :)

Here are mine:

- Bautiste dry shampoo - lifesaver for in-between washes!

- My Clarasonic

- Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray - my face gets so oily in the humidity!

- NARS eyeshadow primer - the only way my eyeshadow will last without creasing.

- Lorac Unzipped eyeshadow palette - probably my favorite eyeshadow palette of all time! It has my favorite colors for everyday, plus some gorgeous shades to smoke it up at night.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

I have no idea what any of these are but as I'm heading to Ulta today - I'll be checking them out! :D

I can't live without my eyebrow brush and powder as my eye brows are so thin and light - if I don't fill them in - you can't see them. During the day - I'm good with just some lipstick.

I have no idea what any of these are but as I'm heading to Ulta today - I'll be checking them out! :D

I can't live without my eyebrow brush and powder as my eye brows are so thin and light - if I don't fill them in - you can't see them. During the day - I'm good with just some lipstick.

Love Ulta! That place is heaven! And they just happen to sell every single thing I listed, haha.

Yes, brows! Me too! Mine are also sparse, plus I dye my hair darker, so my brow pencil is a must for me!

Here is what items I can't live without on a cruise:

Tweezers - to keep the caterpillars, I mean eyebrows, under control

Mascara - I have blonde eyelashes and need color for my eyes to show up

Sunscreen - I burn in 15 minutes without it

Clairol Shimmering Lights - blue shampoo and conditioner to keep my blonde color from going brassy

Body Wash - the bars of soap on Royal make my skin break out in hives

Flat Iron - I look like the lead singer of Flock of Seagulls when I let my hair do it's own thing :eek:

Wow, my list is longer than I thought it would be.

Lisa

I have 28 items on my permanent packing list. It sounds excessive, but it is all my skin cleanser, skin care, makeup/tools and hair stuff.

I take exactly what I use on a daily basis at home, only in smaller refillable containers and sometimes I'm lucky enough to get trial sizes. It's all packed in 3 different cosmetic bags, one for stuff only used in the bathroom, one for the makeup I use at the cabin desk and the third for my hair stuff at the cabin desk. It's a breeze to unpack and repack that way, no need to go back and forth looking for or moving products.

The beauty items I could not live without? My facial sunscreen (different from what I use on my body, I use Amore Pacific or Clinique City Block) a really good lip balm (Rosebud salve works great, so much better than Chapstick) and Cils Booster by Lancome, a lash conditioner that keeps my mascara on all day.

I don't have an Ulta close by, so I go to either Sephora or Nordstrom.

I would want all my creams, makeup, and curling irons. But I could live without lipstick, since I rarely wear it. I wear no makeup and do nothing to my hair in port, since I'll be diving, but I want all my goodies when getting ready for the evening because that's my dress up time.

Toothbrush and paste, hair cream, tweezers, mascara, blush, lip balm, razor, face cream, hand cream, body oil.

This assumes shampoo, conditioner, soap, and a hair dryer are in the cabin.

I wouldn't be thrilled, but I could live with that list.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I take whatever I use at home....there is nothing special I take for a cruise or any other vacation....and I don't not use something just because I'm away from home!

With the exception of shampoos/conditioners, all of my "make-up" items fit in a small, 3 drawer Sterlite container....I use it at home, and just pick it up and go when we leave for a trip! That way, I forget nothing!

Toothbrush and paste, hair cream, tweezers, mascara, blush, lip balm, razor, face cream, hand cream, body oil.

This assumes shampoo, conditioner, soap, and a hair dryer are in the cabin.

I wouldn't be thrilled, but I could live with that list.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

It would be a bit of a space saver if I could travel or cruise without shampoo, soap, conditioner and a hair dryer. But I have learned the hard way, more than once, that supplied items never quite work out for me. The horrid hair dryers supplied in hotels and cruise ships…I may as well fry my head. The soap/shampoo products supplied always have perfumey smells that I just can't tolerate.

I'd much rather give up a couple pair of shoes than rely on mystery products.

Here are my must packs:

- my own shampoo & conditioner (changes from month to month - but I need better stuff than they offer)

- Aveda foam volumiser

- Aussie anti humidity hairspray

- sunscreen

- lip sunscreen

- nice body lotion

- BB cream

- a big bag of makeup! What's in the bag depends on the climate

- my face wash (currently Olay citrus scrub)

Yes, brows! Me too! Mine are also sparse, plus I dye my hair darker, so my brow pencil is a must for me!

My eyebrows are really sparse and fair. I have them tinted every 3 weeks. You might want to try that. One less step!

Great question - I need to find that dry shampoo,I have one, but I don't like the way it smells.

Lip gloss - usually Tarte or Burt's bees

Mascara

Olay facial cleaning cloths - great space saver & not liquid!

Olay moisturizer

Tinted moisturizer - have tried all of these Olay, Smashbox, Tarte I'm not brand loyal (I use the tinted for evening)

Body lotion

Some kind of hair styling stuff, I have short hair so it's usually pomade or texturizing creme to use after its dry.

I don't consider a toothbrush a beauty item, but I always have one ;)

The only things that I do NOT EVER travel without are a lip balm with sunscreen and whatever my current daily moisturizer with sunscreen happens to be. Everything else would really be fluff for me - I'm on vacation!!! If I happen to really want something else, I can always buy it in port ;)

I forgot:

I can leave this at home, but for those of you who can't live without their eyeshadow:

The new Urban Decay Naked 3 collection is amazing!!! I bought it to use for my work makeup (I am required to wear makeup at work, ugh, and it must be professionally neutral shades). Some really nice rosy neutral shades…

I forgot:

I can leave this at home, but for those of you who can't live without their eyeshadow:

The new Urban Decay Naked 3 collection is amazing!!! I bought it to use for my work makeup (I am required to wear makeup at work, ugh, and it must be professionally neutral shades). Some really nice rosy neutral shades…

I totally second this! Naked 3 is awesome!!

Great question - I need to find that dry shampoo,I have one, but I don't like the way it smells.

Lip gloss - usually Tarte or Burt's bees

Mascara

Olay facial cleaning cloths - great space saver & not liquid!

Olay moisturizer

Tinted moisturizer - have tried all of these Olay, Smashbox, Tarte I'm not brand loyal (I use the tinted for evening)

Body lotion

Some kind of hair styling stuff, I have short hair so it's usually pomade or texturizing creme to use after its dry.

When my mom was in the hospital last month, I purchased a dry shampoo from CVS or RITE AID (cannot remember which). It was put out by DOVE. The smell is absolutely AMAZING. Hope you can find it.....:o

The stuff I use (Bautiste) I get at Ulta. They also sell it at Walgreen's. It's around $8. They also have a travel size for about $4. They have a few different scents from just a clean scent to perfume-y ones. Plus if you have dark hair, they sell a brunette one so your hair won't look ashy from the powder.

I have 28 items on my permanent packing list. It sounds excessive, but it is all my skin cleanser, skin care, makeup/tools and hair stuff.

I take exactly what I use on a daily basis at home, only in smaller refillable containers and sometimes I'm lucky enough to get trial sizes. It's all packed in 3 different cosmetic bags, one for stuff only used in the bathroom, one for the makeup I use at the cabin desk and the third for my hair stuff at the cabin desk. It's a breeze to unpack and repack that way, no need to go back and forth looking for or moving products.

I, too, have about 30 items on my skin-care/hair/make-up "trip essentials" list and usually end up with three cosmetic bags of "stuff". I never thought to cleverly segregate them as you do. This is the best time-saving, step-saving tip I've read in a long time! Thanks.

The stuff I use (Bautiste) I get at Ulta. They also sell it at Walgreen's. It's around $8. They also have a travel size for about $4. They have a few different scents from just a clean scent to perfume-y ones. Plus if you have dark hair, they sell a brunette one so your hair won't look ashy from the powder.

For my friends to the Great White North (aka Canada): Look for the Cake Satin Sugar Dry Shampoo. Canadian Sephora stores carry it (I first found it in the Calgary store), as well as their website for both Canadians and US folk (http://www.cakebeauty.com). The Satin Sugar has 2 "colors" depending on your hair color. Delicious scent, too, like a vanilla cupcake!!! They also have a new volumizing dry spray, which I haven't tried yet.

I take nearly everything I use at home and pack it into my LL Bean hanging organizer plus I bring my essential makeup in its own case. I will try to take travel-sized items if I have them and take advantage of product freebies and samples from places like Ulta, Sephora, and online giveaways. For example, I have a few travel-sized hair products I only use for trips (root booster, flat iron spray, etc.) and I love to hit up Bath & Body Works during their semi-annual sales because you can get the 3-oz lotion and body wash for mega cheap. Actually, I have a drawer in my bathroom with nothing but free stuff and travel items!

There are a few brand-specific items that I will not substitute (i.e., Neutrogena Face Wash) but for the most part, if it comes in travel form and I can get it for free, I will take it. Other essentials include my flat iron, sunscreen, St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter body lotion, and oil blotting sheets :)

If I had to limit to 5 items, I would take brow pencil, mascara, eye liner, lipstick and tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. Oh wait, I must have tweezers... My eyebrows sometimes go south for the winter and vacation on my lip or chin. :o:eek::rolleyes: