Only You Will Understand.....Maybe....

I've been wanting to try an aft wrap. Found 4 inexpensive 7 day cruises leaving from close to home for next novemeber. 2 different intineraries are offered and we've been on both several times. Found 1 (and only 1) that had this cabin available. When I called to book it I didn't even know which itinerary until the rep was going over the details.

Am I crazy???? Anyone else pick a cruise for silly reasons???

YES - go for the aft. I have always wanted to do an aft cabin but never got the chance to book one. When the time comes where I can actually do it, I could care less where I go because i will always be the last one to leave !!!

We just got off Independance with an aft Jr. Suite. Wasnt a wrap-around but it was nice not having a strong breeze but the view wasa bit limited. We just booked another cruise in a Jr. Suite on the Navigator. It is a hump suite midship. We realized we spent just a little bit of time on the balcony and more in the room and we never kept the door open as we dont like the room to get hot.

I've been wanting to try an aft wrap. Found 4 inexpensive 7 day cruises leaving from close to home for next novemeber. 2 different intineraries are offered and we've been on both several times. Found 1 (and only 1) that had this cabin available. When I called to book it I didn't even know which itinerary until the rep was going over the details.

Why would I judge you? I can't even tell you the port stops of my next cruise, but I do know the cabin. Yes, it's an aft.

Good on you! I like every cruise to be a different experience, and while some ports are great to visit, the ship board experience is premium to us, and a special cabin is really nice.

Our last cruise was similar to our next one as far as ports go, and yes, only cruise critic people would understand what you are feeling. When we tell the average person where we are going they don't get that the cruise is important, not just the ports. Maybe one day they will understand.

Edited by kjsmith63

Who cares!!! Enjoy your cruise and your aft wrap. Hope you come back to us with a report and lots of pictures!! happy cruising!:):)

Good on you! I like every cruise to be a different experience, and while some ports are great to visit, the ship board experience is premium to us, and a special cabin is really nice.

Our last cruise was similar to our next one as far as ports go, and yes, only cruise critic people would understand what you are feeling. When we tell the average person where we are going they don't get that the cruise is important, not just the ports. Maybe one day they will understand.

I notice that you are from Australia. Last month, we finished a circumnavigation. Favorite stop was an excursion to Kuranda. And, NO, I couldn't have told you all the ports on that one either.

We had the most awesome corner D aft wraparound on the Radiance for Alaska. We picked a corner JS aft for Southern Caribbean on the Legend and thought the picture showed it wrapped around. It did not wrap whatsoever and was the smaller balcony room we ever had.

So make sure you select the right ship, as not all corner afts wrap.

If JS 1100 is available on any Radiance class ship, I book it. Who cares where it's going? LOL Once you've been to the Caribbean, for example, it just doesn't matter. We frequently cruise just to be on a ship and enjoy the cruising experience, not necessarily for where it's going. Yes, there are times when we book for the itinerary, but once again, if JS 1100 is available, I'll go to Cozumel for the umpteenth time!!!! LOL

Peter

We had the most awesome corner D aft wraparound on the Radiance for Alaska. We picked a corner JS aft for Southern Caribbean on the Legend and thought the picture showed it wrapped around. It did not wrap whatsoever and was the smaller balcony room we ever had.

So make sure you select the right ship, as not all corner afts wrap.

That is a vision class ship. The rooms are much smaller. I believe that a D1 is about 24% smaller than on a Radiance class.

Yes we have. So you are not alone.

If JS 1100 is available on any Radiance class ship, I book it. Who cares where it's going? LOL Once you've been to the Caribbean, for example, it just doesn't matter. We frequently cruise just to be on a ship and enjoy the cruising experience, not necessarily for where it's going. Yes, there are times when we book for the itinerary, but once again, if JS 1100 is available, I'll go to Cozumel for the umpteenth time!!!! LOL

Peter

Not if I see it first, you don't!:p

That is a vision class ship. The rooms are much smaller. I believe that a D1 is about 24% smaller than on a Radiance class.

I like the D-1s on Rhapsody and Vision more than on a Radiance class ship. The sofa on RH/VI is next to to the window, while on the RD class, the bed is by the window. And the corner balconies on those two old girls blow the Radiance corners out of the water - there is room on the side for two full loungers out of sight of everybody but a passing whale, as opposed to the tapering balconies on RD, where your nosy neighbor can always see you if he's peeking.

Not if I see it first, you don't!:p

I like the D-1s on Rhapsody and Vision more than on a Radiance class ship. The sofa on RH/VI is next to to the window, while on the RD class, the bed is by the window. And the corner balconies on those two old girls blow the Radiance corners out of the water - there is room on the side for two full loungers out of sight of everybody but a passing whale, as opposed to the tapering balconies on RD, where your nosy neighbor can always see you if he's peeking.

Just don't look for 1100 on Serenade this fall out of OSJ because it's mine, all mine:p for 5 weeks.

Are you doing any cruises next year?:rolleyes:

Jimbo:)

I just looked at my signature before I could answer you. Apparently 16. Don't blame you if you have sig's turned off, things get a little long here on CC. So, apparently, not only don't I know which ports I'm going to, but don't know how many cruises. My excuse is the same one that I use when ask how old my kids are, it changes all the time so how am I supposed to remember.