LAFFNVEGAS Live From the Gelukkig Nieuwjaar Cruise on the MS Veendam

LAFFNVEGAS

Lisa, my late DH felt that cruising was the best way to travel after he was diagnosed with leukemia. He could go lie down in the cabin and no one was the wiser. He also said he liked that only I asked how he was doing.

ENJOY your cruise. Tell your husband to listen to his body. It will tell him when to rest.

Lisa, you and Tom have a great cruise! You both so deserve it! If you can, will you update us as on Mazatlan? I so want the cruise lines to put that port back on schedule, the local Mexican people have been decimated :o and they are thrilled that some lines care coming back.

Happy New Years to the both of you~:D

I had been keeping my fingers crossed that everything would go smoothly so you would get to this "make-up cruise" and so glad you are there. I'd love to see the ships decorated and looking forward to your comments and photos.

Have an absolutely wonderful, relaxing cruise.

Guest USC Traveler

hello lisa,

so happy to know you and tom are on a cruise for the new year. i'm sure you will have a marvelous time and tom will get the rest he needs, at least some of the time! so happy for you both.

looking forward to your "live from" posts.

Southwest and Las Vegas flights---I sure know they have more flights than other airlines. Coming from John Wayne we changed planes in Vegas. Went from B 1 to C 27. That also includes the Food Court in between. Good exercise! Bon Voyage

We are now in the Lido enjoying lunch. I know we could have gone to the Main Dining room but Tom really prefers the Lido he is not thrilled with the limited menu. So I enjoyed some Rotisserie Chicken and Baked ziti and Tom also had the chicken. We also started out the cruise right ;)

yte3ajar.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are now in the Lido enjoying lunch. I know we could have gone to the Main Dining room but Tom really prefers the Lido he is not thrilled with the limited menu. So I enjoyed some Rotisserie Chicken and Baked ziti and Tom also had the chicken. We also started out the cruise right ;)

yte3ajar.jpg

Hey glad you are onboard and drinking Bloody Mary's, thats the way to start the cruise of right.:D

Here are a few pics taken while approaching the pier

ytazu6at.jpgre5uhu2a.jpg

Then an interesting letter at the check in counter byba5u2a.jpg

I'm not much of a drinker - I enjoy a glass or two of wine - but my cruise always begins with the Drink of the Day, no matter what it is!

Well we found our cabin it actually is fairly roomy. Wow we are just steps from outside lol

To answer questions about the Explore4 dining yes they are pre assigning you a reservation but obviously not comparing to your other reservations

. Because we did originally book an interior we get Canaletto so they did assigned us dining but at the same exact time we already booked LeCirque so we did have to fix that. I think we will for go Canaletto the menu does not tempt Tom.

Well my suitcase has arrived so I am going to star unpacking.

neqavaju.jpg4a7ejatu.jpga8adyzuj.jpg

Someone was being cute on a Bottle of bubbly sent to us from Captain and Hotel Director :D

Our Cabin steward and introduced himself they are Wayan and Ricky

Can anyone tell us how to get the letter 'readable'? I tried enlarging it but it only made it blurry.

Is Peter Bos back as Master? We sailed with him in August. He's fabulous!!! :)

I agree. Have sailed with him several times on Volendam.