Any benefit to doing Chops Grille on first night?

if you're Diamond and above you can use your buy 1 get 1 free coupon in Chops. it's $30 on EN...so instead of paying $60 you only pay $30. Food was great, place just about empty. We weren't using the MDR but if you are, be considerate and stop by your table to introduce yourself to your tablemates and wait staff. Let them know you'll be dining with them after the first night. That way, the wait staff isn't waiting to see if you show up, holding up service for the rest of the table.

if you're Diamond and above you can use your buy 1 get 1 free coupon in Chops. it's $30 on EN...so instead of paying $60 you only pay $30. Food was great, place just about empty. We weren't using the MDR but if you are, be considerate and stop by your table to introduce yourself to your tablemates and wait staff. Let them know you'll be dining with them after the first night. That way, the wait staff isn't waiting to see if you show up, holding up service for the rest of the table.

Not Diamond - must be D+ or Pinnacle.

Prices in any of the specialty restaurants are negotiable on any slow night IF you are willing to haggle. In my experience the specialty restaurant manager has the authority to sell down to 2/1 anytime they need the business. Sometimes this will be advertised, but often discounts are available only to those who ask, and imply that their business is dependent on a discount. If the restaurant is busy, obviously they are not going to discount. Generally specialty restaurants have considerably slower business on port nights. The first night is usually the slowest business of the cruise, hence the upfront advertised BOGO for D+ on that night.

Thom

We were able to book in advance for 30% off first night reservations - on Jewel. I think it was because our travel companions booked it for the group and they're D+.

That's a deal available on the pre-cruise planner to everyone. A great deal IMHO.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My husband likes the fact that you don't have to dress up to go on the first night. Since you might not have your luggage by the time of your reservation, it is come as you are. Plus, we get the BOGO for D+. That's the best part.:p;)

Gwen :)

I wondered about the dress code on the first night, we made reservations and we were wondering what to do if our suitcases didn't arrive in time. Is that "come as you are" a policy on every ship?

I wondered about the dress code on the first night, we made reservations and we were wondering what to do if our suitcases didn't arrive in time. Is that "come as you are" a policy on every ship?

We've only done it on the Explorer and Grandeur. I just don't think they are that strict with the dress code, especially the first night. They are just happy to have people in the restaurant. Not many there the first night. Of course we don't dress like bums anyway, but we wear nice jeans.

Gwen :)