Towel fee eliminated

Probably locals scour the beaches after we leave and may be lucky to sell the towels back to the ship for a finders fee!

Never seen hoards of towels laying around when I have been on other lines after a beach day.

Think most people return them.

As for taking them home - not worth the extra weight if you are flying - if a few take them, guess that is one of the costs of doing business.

Personally, could not be bothered to try and scam a towel, and think most people think that way - we want costs to stay down, not try to make them go up.

Had a suite last cruise, and we had 5 towels in our room, and had to remember not to take all the towels to the deck and leave them, had to carry wet dirty towels back to our room and leave them so the count would be right! Usually traded them for dry ones if the lines were not too bad, and if they had not run out of dry ones.

Maybe towels need scanners in them so we could swipe them in and out!

I guess to many people were catching on to their scam of falsely charging people at the end of the trip.

It seems hard to justify anyone wanting to take one of those ugly brown towels.

Princess, NCL, & Carnival's towels are much nicer and are worth stealing, but they don't try to charge you for them...

I have been on 5 Carnival cruises and unless their policy changed, they DO charge for missing towels. They left clean towels in your cabin every night and took the soiled ones. I was disappointed to find out that Royal Caribbean doesn't do this, but nice to know there's no longer a charge for missing ones.

On 12/15 Allure there was no towel fee and no SeaPass needed to check out towels. The crew stated that was the first cruise for the new policy.

I am sure some low life will be packing away fresh towels day one and ruin this for us all, but I personally am plenty happy to leave damp towels in a bin and never give it another thought.

We were on the 12/22 Allure sailing and they were checking out/charging for towels. Supposedly they waived the towel policy on the 12/15 sailing due to technical difficulties. We had a problem with our stateroom attendant collecting our pool towels, he thought the change was permanent. However we needed to talk to the open desk supervisor to get additional towels and to notify all of the stateroom attendant supervisors. It will be interesting to see if the policy really changes.:confused::confused::confused:

This is good news in my opinion, when we were on Explorer last year we got soaked leaving back our towels on the last evening - there was some really really heavy rain and strong winds and we got drenched running out to leave back the towels!

I never thought having a fee for UNRETURNED towels was a problem....returning them seems so easy! And, if they did charge you erroneously, they would remove the charge.

Oh, well...this will be less for folks to complain about!

This is too funny! Showing your seapass to get two towels at the beginning and end of your cruise seems to be a major burden. Yet creating your own luggage tags was not a chore!

I believe this new policy will aggravate the chair hog problem.

I never thought having a fee for UNRETURNED towels was a problem....returning them seems so easy! And, if they did charge you erroneously, they would remove the charge.

Agreed, it seems easy but for some reason RCCL had problems crediting everyone when they returned towels. You were not notified of the problem until you got your final bill, that's a problem. If you wanted to contest the $25 charge, you needed to wait in line at Guest Services to talk to a Pool Deck supervisor and he would remove the charge. Many of us plan to walk off the ship early and start our trip home and cannot afford the time to wait in a long line the morning of departure.

Do you have a link to the information? Do you still have to show your seapass to get a towel or is it on the honor system? I see many towels going home in luggage.

I just can not imagine taking one of those thin blue towels home in my luggage. The stateroom bath towels are better than those but still not worth taking up room in my luggage. Seriously? I think not!

Let's just have clean pool towels replenished in our rooms the night before as in the past. Easy enough :)

CC blocks the link but it is the unofficial blog site. I checked the press area of. RCI and found no mention of it.

I don't foresee many towels going home in luggage but what I envision more is many towels left on the private beaches.

It will be interesting to see how this is rolled out and if you still need to check them out using your Seapass cards. No need for the chair hogs to ever return to get their towels now.

They used to have large bins prior to getting off their private beach and onto the tender to dispose used towels. People should have some class and clean up after themselves.

Since when does one feel the right to be a slob b/c they paid for their cruise? Come on folks...... The entitlement mentality in this world today has got to stop and it starts with us adults first. Let's teach/show (by doing) to the children toady for a better tomorrow for us all :)

Happy New Year ~

I have been on 5 Carnival cruises and unless their policy changed, they DO charge for missing towels. They left clean towels in your cabin every night and took the soiled ones. I was disappointed to find out that Royal Caribbean doesn't do this, but nice to know there's no longer a charge for missing ones.

Carnival does charge for towels not left in cabin as NCL charges also.

$25 per towel

They are light blue for NCL and Dark blue for CCL both with cruiseline logos

Arnt the ones on RCCL just plain off white/beige with no LOGO:confused:

Carnival does charge for towels not left in cabin as NCL charges also.

$25 per towel

They are light blue for NCL and Dark blue for CCL both with cruiseline logos

Arnt the ones on RCCL just plain off white/beige with no LOGO:confused:

They used to be an ugly beige/mustardy color. The towels are now light blue.

Someone earlier commented about people leaving them on beaches. When we went to Maho Beach in August, we grabbed a cab to get back to the ship. The driver asked us if we were wet because he would put towels on the seats since it was a brand new car. He opened up the hatch and grabbed a bunch of Royal Caribbean towels from a stack he had back there, so someone is definitely leaving them in St Martin at least.

This is too funny! Showing your seapass to get two towels at the beginning and end of your cruise seems to be a major burden. Yet creating your own luggage tags was not a chore!

I believe this new policy will aggravate the chair hog problem.

I didn't notice any changes in chair hogging pre and post implementation of the policy.

I'm not too fond of spending my time standing in lines to correct other people's mistakes.

I guess, on the plus side, it could minimize the number of chair hogs who like to leave their towels inn an attempt to save their seats. I am guessing the attendants will simply remove them and open up the space for people who want to use them immediately.;) I'm sure there will be towels all over the pool areas because some people will be less likely to put them in a bin.

I didn't notice any changes in chair hogging pre and post implementation of the policy.

Good point, it's hard to know what changes if any it made in chair hogging.

Let me rephrase, at the end of the day chairs at both pools would be littered with towels left by fellow cruisers just getting up and leaving them on the chairs. After the policy was implemented everyone took their towels with them. We like to go to the Solarium late afternoon and it was difficult to find an open chair until the pool attendant cleaned up the towels.

Do you have a link to the information? Do you still have to show your seapass to get a towel or is it on the honor system? I see many towels going home in luggage.

I wouldn't think so. Who would want one of them old over used towels.. Nasty, I have nicer towels at home..

It will be a good thing, I never minded the 25$ fee, We were never charged it cause we always brought our towels back :)

It will be a good thing, I never minded the 25$ fee, We were never charged it cause we always brought our towels back :)

I guess you were lucky. Plenty of us have been charged by mistake after we returned the towels.