Boardwalk bar question

smeck

From what I remember, they had only "boardwalk" type food--popcorn, maybe corn dogs and chicken nuggets. Nothing comparable to quick dining at the WJ, Park Cafe, etc.

Thank you

I read on royals website that the boardwalk bar has complimentary quick service dining. Has anyone eaten at that venue? I never heard of it before.

I have never seen any food service at the Boardwalk Bar. There are multiple food venues on the Boardwalk (Johnny Rockets, Rita's Cantina, Hot Dog Shack) these venues are on the Allure of the Seas. You could bring food from one of those venues to the Boardwalk Bar if you like and eat there though. I have seen a popcorn machine out there when a movie is shown on the Aqua Theater big screens.

Any feedback from the seafood shack??

It doesn't have great reviews, but I think it is a good option for after the Aqua show or dinner if you aren't starving. Most of it is fired, so I wouldn't recommend going for a full blown meal!

We had the crab cakes, fried shrimp, and baby back ribs. The portions were small, but everything was good. It comes with chips and salsa.

I have never seen any food service at the Boardwalk Bar. There are multiple food venues on the Boardwalk (Johnny Rockets, Rita's Cantina, Hot Dog Shack) these venues are on the Allure of the Seas. You could bring food from one of those venues to the Boardwalk Bar if you like and eat there though. I have seen a popcorn machine out there when a movie is shown on the Aqua Theater big screens.

I had a corn dog at the Boardwalk Bar on the Oasis but on the Allure they did not have it.

I think i had a light sandwich for lunch there one afternoon while a show was going on. Its a small quick service fridge but not a lot. As i recall, sandwich was good but nothing like park cafe. Great if u are there and dont eat hot dogs from the hot dog shack and u need something quick.

I know on the Oasis DW had chicken nuggets . On the Allure I remember we got some popcorn $2 charge I do believe.. It wasn't really worth it though.

There was corn dogs on one of them as well but I don't remember what one now

I had a corn dog at the Boardwalk Bar on the Oasis but on the Allure they did not have it.

The first time we were on Oasis it seemed like every time I checked the bar was out of corn dogs. Finially, I show up there the same time that they have some and then I couldn't believe that I put that much energy into trying something that tasted like that.:rolleyes:

Allure does have the Dog House, with half a dozen types of brats, polish sausage, etc. Much better than the corn dogs at the Oasis Boardwalk Bar.

Thanks. I was just searching for chicken nuggets for my kids. Seems they are only available in the MDR.

So why does Royal list it as an casual dining venue for lunch? Seems very deceptive to me.

I don't know. It could be a misprint in whatever media it was published in. I just know what I have experienced twice in 2 years on the Allure that their is no food service at the Boardwalk Bar.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Eng23

Just got off Oasis. Boardwalk bar always had sandwiches, salads & sealed packs of veggies & dip and nachos, salsa, guacamole. Sometimes you had to ask as it was usually in the fridge under the bar.

Was the bar mostly open all day and night? Was that included or for a fee?