Time of day to take White Pass Train ?

Orangefan

I was looking at the White Pass Train excursion. The times listed were

8:10-11:40am , 12:40 -4:10 or 4:15 - 7:30. Is there one time better than another ? I was thinking of maybe fog in the am and not being able to see as much. I am a morning person so if the first time slot is best , I would gladly go on that one .

Thanks

Sali

8:10-11:40am , 12:40 -4:10 or 4:15 - 7:30. Is there one time better than another ? I was thinking of maybe fog in the am and not being able to see as much. I am a morning person so if the first time slot is best , I would gladly go on that one .

Thanks

Sali

We always have taken the first one of the day . It is the one most likely to be on time and not late leaving.

Thanks

Sali

Take the 8:10am....We're glad we took the earlier one as the afternoon one had some trouble and our ship had to wait which was lucky for those that had booked privately...We booked with Chilkoot...bus up and train down. Which gave us the afternoon to spend in town.

Thanks

Sali

We did the morning bus up and train down with Chilkoot. Doing the bus first lets you leave 1 hr later in the am. that was nice. Since you are an east coast resident--like us--getting up for morning excursions was not a problem. There is a 4 hr time difference.

We did the morning bus up and train down with Chilkoot. Doing the bus first lets you leave 1 hr later in the am. that was nice. Since you are an east coast resident--like us--getting up for morning excursions was not a problem. There is a 4 hr time difference.

Princess is only offering round trip on the train for White Pass. I am going through Princess because when I booked I also go $50 towards and excursion and I will use it on the train trip.

Thanks everybody for your input .

Hi Budget Queen from Syracuse NY also !

Princess is only offering round trip on the train for White Pass. I am going through Princess because when I booked I also go $50 towards and excursion and I will use it on the train trip.

Thanks everybody for your input .

Hi Budget Queen from Syracuse NY also !

Princess offers many different tours which include the White Pass train. Some include extras like Liarsville, suspension bridge, etc. There are also much longer tours which go into the Yukon. I like the Lake Bennett tour the best.

Skagway is usually a very long port day. If you choose to do the short round-trip train trip, are you also hoping to do a second excursion that day? If so, it's probably best to schedule your train trip around your second excursion.

Thanks

Sali

We took the 12:40pm trip and the lighting was very favorable for photos.