Where is Navigator?

Majority of staff have left the ship. They are not sailing with a full contingent.

We had two of the crew members at our home this afternoon for dinner.

Both are staying on until she returns to service.

Quite nice of you to invite crew to enjoy a home cooked meal at your home. :)

Does any one know where Navigator of the Seas is now?

Cannot see on tracking.

I assumed it has dropped it passengers and a high number of staff off in Galveston and dry dock bound.

Still in Galveston preparing to head to the shipyard for her dry dock refit.

My husband joined the ship yesterday. He won't be in contact until they reach Freeport as the mobile charges are huge when he's using the ship signal.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get to Freeport from Galveston?

He did say they had an announcement saying they will be sailing at full speed, through 40-60mph winds, and 4-9 meter seas. Best of all....they will not be using the stabilisers. Secure all materials and take care moving around the ship, avoid outside decks. Eeek! :(

My husband joined the ship yesterday. He won't be in contact until they reach Freeport as the mobile charges are huge when he's using the ship signal.

He did say they had an announcement saying they will be sailing at full speed, through 40-60mph winds, and 4-9 meter seas. Best of all....they will not be using the stabilisers. Secure all materials and take care moving around the ship, avoid outside decks. Eeek! :(

No more than two days, probably less if they are sailing full speed.

Aim1 It would be nice if your husband ( if RCI allows) could send you some photos of the refit and you could post on this board. At any rate please keep us future NOS passengers up to date.....thanks

Yes I would greatly appreciate that too! I can't wait till the enhancements are complete and we can finally find out what exactly changed!

Majority of staff have left the ship. They are not sailing with a full contingent.

We had two of the crew members at our home this afternoon for dinner.

Both are staying on until she returns to service.

How generous of you! They must of really appreciated a home cooked meal and someone else waiting on them!! :) :D ;)

He usually sends me a few, just depends how busy he is! He sent me one by the dock yesterday and you can see the containers being loaded on, I'll try and remember to put that on here this evening when I get in.

:)

Aim1 It would be nice if your husband ( if RCI allows) could send you some photos of the refit and you could post on this board. At any rate please keep us future NOS passengers up to date.....thanks

He usually sends me a few, just depends how busy he is! He sent me one by the dock yesterday and you can see the containers being loaded on, I'll try and remember to put that on here this evening when I get in.

:)

I would love to see pictures also. Thanks!

Still not showing on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home AIS must be turned off.

FYI, marinetrafffic only displays AIS data that is picked up by shore based recievers that in turn send it to the web site. When at sea , the AIS will only be recieved by other shiips that are close by.

I bellieve there may be satelite recievers, but that info is not availabe on any free web based services that I am aware of.

Interesting post. Just curious...is your husband working on the re-fit of the ship or in a different capacity? What an exciting job he must have!

Here you go then....it's all I have for now so apologies it's not much...

IMG_1122_zps843d365f.jpg

The line of people kinda makes me think of the animals going two by two into the ark for some reason! :o

cjdixon4, in reply to your post, yes, he works on refits, this is only the second time he's been on an RCCL ship. He worked on the Allure when she was still under construction in Finland. He's done a lot of other cruise lines, mainly Carnival, with some Princess, Celebrity, Holland America and Mein Schiffe as well.

To be perfectly honest, the conditions are not great, yes it's lovely weather in the Caribbean, but you'll soon get very hot once they turn the AC off on the ship! The toilets also only tend to work for a few hours a day, so you can imagine how, umm, nasty they are when you've got 2,000 contractors trying to poop! :rolleyes:

This isn't a sob story, we both know and understand what the work is like, it's dirty, very long hours (he won't have a day off until he comes back in a month) dangerous (he's been in hospital in the Bahamas's before!) etc. But the financial benefits are enough to justify him doing this type of work.

On the other hand he has been to a whole load of places now, although he mostly only sees the airport and the port!

Well, I for one appreciate the hard work that your hubby is preparing to do on the Navigator. I will be the beneficiary of his labor in May, when my family and I board and get to enjoy all of the beautiful updates to the ship. Thanks for sharing the photo!