Disappointed with Celebrity

smitty4971

I booked a 7 day Caribe Cruise on the Silhouette on Tuesday. I had to call them back on Wednesday to upgrade our drink packages and was on hold for about 25 minutes. Just a few minutes ago I called to ask a question about the formal nights. I was on hold for exactly 32 minutes. This was after the automated system told me it would be a "13 minute" wait.

Before I booked I called to ask a question and the call was picked up in 2 minutes. I am getting the feeling that once they have your money they treat you like a second class citizen. I tried to use their website to get the answers to my questions, but it has not been working properly over the past several days either!

This is our 4th cruise with them and I am not seeing the same level of professionalism from the company as I experienced in the past. The crews on the ships have been great, it's the way they are running their call centers that I am unhappy about.

Very disappointing service from a company holding itself out to be a "luxury" line.

I expect that there is some truth in what you believe. The company probably handles bookings in a different manner to enquiries from those who have already booked. They may even outsource to a different orgnaisation.

I would doubt that it is intentional to offer a much poorer service, it is just one of the realities of trying to save money.

Just a suggestion......don't call X with 'questions'....ask them HERE. At least here you'll get an answer within minutes.....and most of the time it will be RIGHT!

I usually do. However, this time I needed exact days of the formal nights so my wife could book her spa treatments! That's what makes this even more ridiculous, both times I was calling to try and give them MORE money!

BTW, my sister lives in Cary, NC.

I usually do. However, this time I needed exact days of the formal nights so my wife could book her spa treatments! That's what makes this even more ridiculous, both times I was calling to try and give them MORE money!

They wouldn't be able to give you a totally accurate answer as the formal nights are decided onboard and can and sometimes do change cruise to cruise.

Also I don't think its fair to judge a cruiseline by how fast they answer the phone on any particular day! :( they could have bad weather or illness meaning staff shortages or busy phones because of offers.

Edited by DebbieMacG

I agree with Carole; there is no way a phone rep will have this information. They may give you answer - but it is about as likely to be correct as if you consulted a Magic 8 Ball or Ms. Chloe. Ask on the Cruise Critic boards and you will receive an answer that is very likely correct (only difficulty is if it is a rare or new itinerary - then people would have to speculate). Celebrity has a good on board product, but their website and information most phone representatives provide is a disaster.

I booked I called to ask a question and the call was picked up in 2 minutes. I am getting the feeling that once they have your money they treat you like a second class citizen. I tried to use their website to get the answers to my questions, but it has not been working properly over the past several days either!

Hi smitty4971,

Can we assist at all?

They wouldn't be able to give you a totally accurate answer as the formal nights are decided onboard and can and sometimes do change cruise to cruise.

YES, I've had this happen on a cruise I was on earlier this year. Initially was told the formal nights and it was changed mid cruise to better accommodate expected rough seas.

Whenever I have called Celebrity they ususally answer within 5 minutes. Imthink the problem that you may have experienced is due to the weather. I see that you live in FL and may not be affectd but the polar vortex that is hitting the north and midwest really hard.

Whenever I talk to the reps I will ask where they are located and they are not in FL. Some are located in the northern and Midwestern states. With the sub zero weather many states are basically shutdown and people have been advised to stay home.

.💨🍸🍻

The automated system has you choose from choices of a "New Reservation" or an "Existing Reservation".

Best bet. Go to the website and click on "request a call back". They will think you are about to make a booking and call you in minutes.;)

Also I don't think its fair to judge a cruiseline by how fast they answer the phone on any particular day! :( they could have bad weather or illness meaning staff shortages or busy phones because of offers.

Sorry, thought I had made it clear that it was not 1 particular day.

When I did finally speak to someone she was pleasant and placed me on hold to verify the exact dates of the formal nights on my particular cruise. My problem is with the system, not the people.

When I have a problem with my $35 phone bill I expect to be placed on hold for extended periods of time. When I am paying a company thousands of dollars for an "upscale" cruise I do not. Personally, I don't feel that's an unreasonable expectation.

Hi smitty4971,

Can we assist at all?

When I did finally get through the system your representative answered all my questions.

Hopefully, if I have any other questions (that the fine folks here on CC cannot answer), Celebrity will be able to handle my phone call in a more efficient manner.