Epic heading to Europe year around

Mwright91

I get to sail on her in a few months before she makes the move over seas for good.

She will only stay there at the end of summer 2015 itineraries after Escape has entered the fleet, there is still one winter season (2014-2015) of Caribbean for her.

ETA: Also, I don't think that there was any doubt about her staying in Europe since the port information for the Italian port was found in December - the question still remains what will they do with Jade and Spirit - it seems that we should know mid-March.

Edited by Demonyte

I wonder if that's why they're testing the water (pun intended) with a few new itineraries, ie; the Star doing the 12 day British Isles and the 7 day Norwegian Fjords or have I just missed seeing these cruises before.?? :)

Yes, they have done those (or similar to those) before too.

She will only stay there at the end of summer 2015 itineraries after Escape has entered the fleet, there is still one winter season (2014-2015) of Caribbean for her.

ETA: Also, I don't think that there was any doubt about her staying in Europe since the port information for the Italian port was found in December - the question still remains what will they do with Jade and Spirit - it seems that we should know mid-March.

NCL - Please port one of Jade or Spirit out of UK. You know it makes sense!;)

We love the Epic and did a week from Barcelona in 2012 after a B2B in the Caribbean in 2011. We were meant to be on the Star this year but family circumstances pushed that back to 2015. Last minute booking and we are now back on the Epic in three weeks! Possibly our last chance to do the Caribbean on the NCL ship that really started our NCL adventure.

So for us it's win win I guess!!!

Look forward to sailing the newer ships in due course......

NCL - Please port one of Jade or Spirit out of UK. You know it makes sense!;)

yes please give us the option again of no fly from UK

First cruise was NCL Jade Med out of Southampton second NCL Sun Baltic out of Dover

only Issue with Epic permanently out of Barcelona-add in some non EU ports so Spanish VAT not payable all cruise. Surely with Europeans having more generous holiday entitlement than the USA then longer cruises to reach non EU ports is possible-am I right that porting at Gibraltar will do the trick?

When the earlier rumors started about Norwegian EPIC leaving the States permanently, I went ahead and booked one additional sailing for early 2015. :)

I'm glad I did, as I anticipate pricing may tend to go up once those who decide they'd like to give this ship (that they've been hearing about) a try, and start booking it before it's too late.

Popularity tends to breed higher prices.

Sailing out of Southampton does have some issues for U.S. travelers.

Transfers from airport to London to the port are a challenge for sure.

We're in the UK and it's a pain for us too

The alternative is a local flight from heathrow to southampton and a short cab ride

We have missed NCL ships in the UK, loved sailing out in 2009 but not been able to do it since - we need some competition for royal caribbean that now have 2 ships that leave from here and celebrity have 1

Let's see what they do with the itinerary

See....the split bathroom layout is going to work out after all ;)

Splort!! Funniest thing I've read all day. I don't have a whole lot of interest in the Epic, but I'm really curious about where the Jade and Spirit will end up.

We're in the UK and it's a pain for us too

The alternative is a local flight from heathrow to southampton and a short cab ride

We have missed NCL ships in the UK, loved sailing out in 2009 but not been able to do it since - we need some competition for royal caribbean that now have 2 ships that leave from here and celebrity have 1

Let's see what they do with the itinerary

I would rather fly/train to Europe to get on an NCL ship than nip down to Southampton to get on an RCI ship - we did IoTS recently and did not really enjoy it - NCL can teach them a thing or two about making a cruise special - JMHO.

The problem is no regional flights to Barcelona in the winter.

I'm trying to book for Spirit in Feb and live in the Midlands.

Even Birmingham and Manchester don't have direct flights, NCL wanted to send me via Frankfurt!! In Summer jet2/monarch fly each day but winter months :(

So I've got to go indirect or drive down to Heathrow. By contrast on Tuesday I'm jumping on the train Birmingham to Southampton (£35 first class) to join Getaway!

Edited by Single Cruiser

Southampton is a doddle from Heathrow or Gatwick,

only issue is 2hrs, not an issue for an overnight flight they mostly come in early so on the ship for lunch, for day before there are plenty of reasonable hotel options.

Flybe connects with some European hubs to Southampton.

The problem is no regional flights to Barcelona in the winter.

I'm trying to book for Spirit in Feb and live in the Midlands.

Even Birmingham and Manchester don't have direct flights, NCL wanted to send me via Frankfurt!! In Summer jet2/monarch fly each day but winter months :(

So I've got to go indirect or drive down to Heathrow. By contrast on Tuesday I'm jumping on the train Birmingham to Southampton (£35 first class) to join Getaway!

Hi Easyjet fly to Barcelona from Liverpool every day betweenThursday and Monday at this time of the year and By February every day of the week..