Carnival's big announcement

ATHENA3

This one will be different. Something that is discussed on these boards MANY times

So it has to do with smoking, removing tips, bringing kids to the Steakhouse, cutting in line, chair hogging, changing menus, booking an early flight, boring entertainment, smuggling alcohol, or inconsiderate neighbors?

So it has to do with smoking, removing tips, bringing kids to the Steakhouse, cutting in line, chair hogging, changing menus, booking an early flight, boring entertainment, smuggling alcohol, or inconsiderate neighbors?

You forgot jeans, flip flops and shorts in the dining room. And passport vs birth cert.

Edited by joeyancho

I cannot imagine what Carnival is going to do with a New York announcement, why come to New York to talk entertainment?

When I think "entertainment" and "New York", Broadway comes to mind... but I don't think it will be anything that exciting. Probably some announcement for New York sailings or some such.

When I think "entertainment" and "New York", Broadway comes to mind... but I don't think it will be anything that exciting. Probably some announcement for New York sailings or some such.

Yup I was thinking Broadway evening shows too....would be great!!

I think whatever it is it might be interesting. They're flying the brand ambassador in for it and he's hyping it on FB. All he said about the Seuss announcement was that there was a cool thing for families in the works and it would be announced on the Splendor. People's brains automatically went to Kids Sail Free and were disappointed when the world's most affordable line didn't give them an additional discount for their progeny.

I can't imagine the announcement is anything exciting, us New Yorkers are already upset that Carnival pulled out of our market and no longer sailing from here, Baltimore, Boston and Norfolk.

So why would the brand ambassador and his beards come to New York and make an "exciting" announcement, about what, why don't they go to Miami and make an announcement.

If this has anything to do about entertainment, it's a joke that it's being done in New York, while you pull your ship from the market.

I think whatever it is it might be interesting. They're flying the brand ambassador in for it and he's hyping it on FB. All he said about the Seuss announcement was that there was a cool thing for families in the works and it would be announced on the Splendor. People's brains automatically went to Kids Sail Free and were disappointed when the world's most affordable line didn't give them an additional discount for their progeny.

I hope it will truly be something that will make our cruises better and not a change that is really just another cutback.

If anyone remembers correctly, Carnival announced the "FunShip 2.0" upgrades in New York several years ago. Maybe they will be building upon the 2.0?

Kind of ironic, since we still don't have a ship in NY with 2.0 upgrades.

There was talk of a Splendor dry dock including 2.0 over a year ago, and then it was postponed until ...........never? Still nothing.

Hard to believe they would put more ships there when they are having problems filling what they have. Prices on the cruises out of NY are dirt cheap.

In the winter, yeah. In the summer though they are super expensive. For example July 2014 8 day sailings on the Splendor are starting at $869 to $999, depending on the week, for an inside cabin. That's certainly isn't cheap.

Even in the winter, school break weeks are fairly expensive too.

Edited by Earthworm Jim