La Reserve Timings

DaisyUK

Is anyone able to tell me what time La Reserve dinners start and end please - approximately obviously, I realise it won't be a precise timing but would like to schedule it for one of the days when we leave late if pos.

Is anyone able to tell me what time La Reserve dinners start and end please - approximately obviously, I realise it won't be a precise timing but would like to schedule it for one of the days when we leave late if pos.

Keep in mind that La Reserve will only be open for selected evenings during your Cruise. I'd suggest that you wait to see which nights they will be, and then check with Oceania by telephone to see if a start time has been set for that specific evening.

Keep in mind that La Reserve will only be open for selected evenings during your Cruise. I'd suggest that you wait to see which nights they will be, and then check with Oceania by telephone to see if a start time has been set for that specific evening.

Thanks for the speedy response! I have just logged into our reservation and so I know which evenings La Reserve is available, but not the start/finish times. I will take your advice and call Oceania to see if they know.

Didn''t know that, every time we've eaten at La Reserve (4 Times) it's been 7:00PM.

And it's been one of the best dinner we've had a the ship, others we're very, very good but La Reserve is not to be missed.

Rick

Thanks for that Rick, we're looking forward to it. How long does the dinner go on usually?

OK, question answered. All La Reserve dinners do commence at 7pm, and last 'all evening'. Now to decide which/how many to do.. they all look great and we're such foodies. May have to book another cruise to get all the dining options in!

As an aside, I have just made our specialty dining reservations, and then realised that I have broken the 'rules' in that I've made them too soon. As they've accepted them, I assume it'll be OK and I'll double-check nearer the time..

OK, question answered. All La Reserve dinners do commence at 7pm, and last 'all evening'. Now to decide which/how many to do.. they all look great and we're such foodies. May have to book another cruise to get all the dining options in!

As an aside, I have just made our specialty dining reservations, and then realised that I have broken the 'rules' in that I've made them too soon. As they've accepted them, I assume it'll be OK and I'll double-check nearer the time..

The system usually locks you out until you have paid in full.

If you paid early it may let you reserve. Don't worry!

Yes, do double check. We made 4 bookings and received e-mail confirmation. However, when our travel documents arrived two of the reservations had been changed and now we are told they cannot be altered. "computer says no" :eek:

Yes, do double check. We made 4 bookings and received e-mail confirmation. However, when our travel documents arrived two of the reservations had been changed and now we are told they cannot be altered. "computer says no" :eek:

Oh my goodness, that's very poor. We have not paid in full yet, and it's way too early to make reservations really - I'm just excited about the cruise and wanted to go into our booking. I shall make a diary note to double check 90 days out. Thanks for the advice.

Oh my goodness, that's very poor. We have not paid in full yet, and it's way too early to make reservations really - I'm just excited about the cruise and wanted to go into our booking. I shall make a diary note to double check 90 days out. Thanks for the advice.

You'll have a whale of a time....the food is very good everywhere on the ship.

I'm amazed that you've been able to reserve a table in the Speciality restaurants so early, but if you can, go for it.....must be another glitch in the system:p

You'll have a whale of a time....the food is very good everywhere on the ship.

I'm amazed that you've been able to reserve a table in the Speciality restaurants so early, but if you can, go for it.....must be another glitch in the system:p

To be clear, La Reserve is technically a wine venue which also serves food pairings, and therefore isn't held to the reservation deadlines which apply to the Specialty Restaurants.

Passengers may make a reservation to dine there as early as they are willing to pay the fee.

To be clear, La Reserve is technically a wine venue which also serves food pairings, and therefore isn't held to the reservation deadlines which apply to the Specialty Restaurants.

Passengers may make a reservation to dine there as early as they are willing to pay the fee.

Yes, they've accepted our reservation (and taken the fee on my credit card) for 2 evenings, so presumably it's going to be OK.

So far as the specialty restaurants are concerned, I'll just have to wait and see. They have also accepted these, but I've made a diary note to double-check 90 days out.

They have also confirmed the room number - sadly, not an Aft suite, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. It is room 12009, which I'm sure will be lovely.

Edited by DaisyUK
typo

Yes, they've accepted our reservation (and taken the fee on my credit card) for 2 evenings, so presumably it's going to be OK.

So far as the specialty restaurants are concerned, I'll just have to wait and see. They have also accepted these, but I've made a diary note to double-check 90 days out.

They have also confirmed the room number - sadly, not an Aft suite, but I knew that wasn't going to happy. It is room 12009, which I'm sure will be lovely.

If you are in a Suite above the Penthouse Level, Specialty Restaurant Reservations become available to you as soon as you make final payment.

The 90 day window is simply when that final payment normally becomes due. ;)

Get there about 15 - 20 minutes early. You will be held and greeted on the outside deck where the (included) bubbly flows and you can commingle and meet the other patrons. My advice is to solidify who you want to sit with at this time as it's a lengthy event... I think ours went to about 11pm? I think the tables are 12 people each - in a rectangle fashion. I of course can't remember very clearly as the wine pours pretty freely so it may be 3 tables of 8, but I'm fairly sure it's 2x 12 people. It is fantastic and YES you can book these anytime (and they will charge you immediately). We enjoyed our 1 visit there, and on our upcoming cruises have 2 planned for each, including the expensive connoisseur menu.

Get there about 15 - 20 minutes early. You will be held and greeted on the outside deck where the (included) bubbly flows and you can commingle and meet the other patrons. My advice is to solidify who you want to sit with at this time as it's a lengthy event... I think ours went to about 11pm? I think the tables are 12 people each - in a rectangle fashion. I of course can't remember very clearly as the wine pours pretty freely so it may be 3 tables of 8, but I'm fairly sure it's 2x 12 people. It is fantastic and YES you can book these anytime (and they will charge you immediately). We enjoyed our 1 visit there, and on our upcoming cruises have 2 planned for each, including the expensive connoisseur menu.

OK, thanks, we'll do that. I'm getting frustrated now because I booked the Discovery dinner and then my computer crashed when trying to book the Connoiseur, and now when I go into 'Already Booked' I don't get the option to book another.. it just says the Discovery dinner is confirmed. Maybe we're only allowed one? If so, I've booked the wrong one because, if we can only have one, we'd go for the Connoisseur. I HATE computer sometimes!!

The system usually locks you out until you have paid in full.

If you paid early it may let you reserve. Don't worry!

Hmm, it's strange. We've only paid the deposit, not the whole amount, but they've accepted my reservations and I have email confirmation, so we'll see. I'll take the advice earlier tho' and double-check nearer the time..

Call Oceania (not usually a long hold or anything - should take 10 mins or less). Their online booking system has played mind games on us as well that resulted in us calling a few times. I hope you enjoy - it's a great night. Be prepared to consume a bunch of wine (and plan the next day accordingly) :)

Hmm, it's strange. We've only paid the deposit, not the whole amount, but they've accepted my reservations and I have email confirmation, so we'll see. I'll take the advice earlier tho' and double-check nearer the time..

Treat the dinner the same as the excursions / culinary institute. You can book them anytime after you put down your first payment. We've done this twice now, so I don't think you need final payment to book La Reserve. You pay upon booking the reservation. Not sure what the cancellation timeline looks like, but either way - they have your money the minute you reserve be it before final payment or after.

Treat the dinner the same as the excursions / culinary institute. You can book them anytime after you put down your first payment. We've done this twice now, so I don't think you need final payment to book La Reserve. You pay upon booking the reservation. Not sure what the cancellation timeline looks like, but either way - they have your money the minute you reserve be it before final payment or after.

Well, I was locked out till I made final payment for anything.

When I made my reservation for La Reserve, it showed it was open about 6 times on a 33 day cruise 3 on the first 17 day and 3 on the following 16 day one.

However, once I made my reservation, I was locked out of making any more

They only had the connoisseur menu 1 time and the discovery 2 times. each leg. Glad I got the top one as I can not get more.

I suspect this is akin to limiting your reservations in other restaurants.

We booked the Discovery and the Connoisseur on the Dec 2nd cruise. No problem getting 2 confirmed. The only problem we had was the Already Booked said we had 2 La Reserve reservations but both on same day. Called Oceania and they said they had the right dates and that it was a computer glitch. We have done all 3 now and love them - setup has always been 3 tables of 8 when we have gone.

CJ

?..However, once I made my reservation, I was locked out of making any more

They only had the connoisseur menu 1 time and the discovery 2 times. each leg. Glad I got the top one as I can not get more.

I suspect this is akin to limiting your reservations in other restaurants.

I had the same experience this past Oct cruise...O agent advised it was a computer issue re inability to reserve more than one night on line. Agent added the additional nights. No reservation limitation.

Something similar to this happened to us and we had to call Oceania to have them reset it.

Mia

If you call Oceania you can book all that are available ..as long as you are willing to pay you can eat there as many times as you want to as long as they are open and not full!!..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Both times we had 3 tables of 8. Arrive early like 6:45 for champagne and an amuse bouche. We stayed easily until 11 pm and they poured repeats of any wine. One time a few people left early before dessert for the evening show- no show would be that great to leave early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In sum, it's a long, leisurely evening. You start out with the half hour of a champagne cocktail (or whatever the aperitif is), then you go into the restaurant at about 7:30. Service is leisurely for the 7-8 courses.

If you want to see the show, don't plan on La Reserve.

Mura