Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Liberty is going to Bayonne for summer and fall then Anthem to replace her for the winter Caribbean. No mention in RCI's press release that Bayonne would have 2 ships.

yes I saw. Looks like a cluster swap in November 2015 between Anthem, Navigator and Liberty.

I guess I'm keeping my Quantum booking for March now that she's leaving. Any word on when 2015 summer/fall itineraries are going to be released yet? Get on with it! Also I thought Liberty was too big for Bermuda....guess not :confused:

Edited by fish6

My brain is about to explode between the new CAS savings and now this. :eek:

Ya we were planning on booking Liberty but now that that's not an option I think I'm heading over to Celebrity earlier than planned.

Too much confusion and hassle trying to figure all this out.

yes I saw. Looks like a cluster swap in November 2015 between Anthem, Navigator and Liberty.

Ain't that the truth.

We booked Allur for Christmas 2015 and Oasis for March 2016 when the new itineraries were released figuring that we would cancel Allure for Anthem sailing out of FLL. With that being scrapped I'm glad we booked Allure when we did as the price has already gone up by $500.

Might look at changing Oasis in March 2016 for the Anthem but I just hate the thought of those 7 day crappy itineraries out of Bayonne that hey are doing over Christmas and the prime March break weeks.

Ain't that the truth.

We booked Allur for Christmas 2015 and Oasis for March 2016 when the new itineraries were released figuring that we would cancel Allure for Anthem sailing out of FLL. With that being scrapped I'm glad we booked Allure when we did as the price has already gone up by $500.

Might look at changing Oasis in March 2016 for the Anthem but I just hate the thought of those 7 day crappy itineraries out of Bayonne that hey are doing over Christmas and the prime March break weeks.

This must've been decided yesterday or the before cause when I was on Majesty this weekend, they had just sent out an e-mail to the LA's that Navigator was going to Asia and liberty to Galveston. Well, I guess that could still be the case.

Surprises me that they would go through all the fanfare in New York with the announcements for the Quantum only to move the ship to China.

especially with the new dining options and menues..... hmmm..they made such a big event having people to new york to try out the menus.. maybe should have held it in shanghai

Never would have guessed that!

Well done Royal!

The power of the mighty Asian gambling dollar has spoken.

Quantum of the Seas may not have able to get into Bermuda but has she going to enter the Bermuda Triangle of cruise ships in Asia. The majority of sailings from China at the moment are charters, How many sailings can we travel on will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I guess I'm keeping my Quantum booking for March now that she's leaving.

Probably what they want us to do. A lot of people were planning to swap winter for summer itineraries.

They probably also realized that they can get more money in Asia. I was paying top dollar for Explorer summer sailings out of Bayonne. Couldn't see how they were going to get that much more for Quantum, even if the ship is brand new.

Maybe they could run the same show on 2 ships that would have such distant home ports.

I was just wondering the same thing and was going to post that question on the quantum board.

I think that it would make sense. There would have to be some cost savings by having the same show and while there will be some who sail both those will be a small minority.

This must've been decided yesterday or the before cause when I was on Majesty this weekend, they had just sent out an e-mail to the LA's that Navigator was going to Asia and liberty to Galveston. Well, I guess that could still be the case.

...or not. The release says: "To ensure fans of the line will continue to have options from Bayonne, Royal Caribbean also announced Wednesday it would move Liberty of the Seas to the port for summer and fall 2015."

...granted, that doesn't mean the Liberty couldn't end up in Galveston eventually

...or not. The release says: "To ensure fans of the line will continue to have options from Bayonne, Royal Caribbean also announced Wednesday it would move Liberty of the Seas to the port for summer and fall 2015."

...granted, that doesn't mean the Liberty couldn't end up in Galveston eventually

Right, I'd bet on Liberty eventually moving to Galveston for Winter '15-16 when she leaves Bayonne for Anthem.

that's what I said.

Ok, since QOS is heading to China, does that now rule out Navigator heading to Asia, or are they going to have 4 Voyager class ships plus QOS in the Asia region. We will have to wait and see.

I am torn on this one. Part of me thinks that Liberty will go to Galveston to honour the commitments to that port and then have the Navigator go to FLL and take over the 6/8 day itineraries however...

In RCI's recent financial statements they made specific reference to the fact that Europe and Asia were doing very well financially but that "the Caribbean continues to feel pricing pressure".

If they were to send the Navigator over to Asia as well I wonder if this a way to reduce the number of berths available in the Caribbean during the Winter and therefore allow a higher rate to be charged.