Bar of soap

Clay Clayton

I'm on the Pacific Princess now (leeching off shoreside telecom). I wanted to have the steward remove the shampoo dispenser, as I don't use it (Head & Shoulders man, I am). He took it, but also left a bar soap in the shower, and I had him take the soap dispenser. Just talk with your steward.

Do they have soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower?

These have been recently installed on all Princess ships.

There have been many posts of people unhappy with the products in the dispensers: soap that does not lather....shampoo combined with conditioner that does not leave long hair in great shape. (I have yet to experience these products, so this is a summary of posts by others.)

For the first time ever, in over 40 years of world travel and 25 years of cruising, I am now packing shampoo and conditioner, and some soap.

On our last two getaway cruises on the Ruby, we had trouble getting bars of soap, and when we did, we discovered that they have downsized the soaps to half the size they used to be.

Worse yet, on our last cruise, on the MORNING of the last sea day, our cabin steward removed the pump to the shampoo/conditioner (a product we detest to begin with) so that "it could be sanitized". Umm, that begs the questions: first, how were we supposed to use the shampoo? second, they sanitize the pump, but leave the contents exposed to bathroom germs because it was uncapped? third, why do they do it 24 hours before the current passenger disembarks? I was furious and let passenger services know it. I dumped the contents of the bottle so that they had to replace the entire bottle. But it took more than an hour, 3 phone calls and a visit to passenger services desk to get the situation resolved.This was time I would have preferred to be up on deck with my DH watching the NFL playoff pre-game show.

Worse yet, on our last cruise, on the MORNING of the last sea day, our cabin steward removed the pump to the shampoo/conditioner (a product we detest to begin with) so that "it could be sanitized". Umm, that begs the questions: first, how were we supposed to use the shampoo? second, they sanitize the pump, but leave the contents exposed to bathroom germs because it was uncapped? third, why do they do it 24 hours before the current passenger disembarks? I was furious and let passenger services know it. .

I'm really curious - what did passenger services say???? Did you receive another shampoo???

Have others experienced this oddly timed cleaning service???

So now we have to pack shampoo for at least the last 24 hours of the cruise??? Princess supplies shampoo / shower gel for only PART of the cruise???? OMG the questions !!!!! What silly person thought up all this nonsense???