X Website... I just can't...

rvalente74

For almost 1 month now I've been trying to see cabins' availability and prices, but it's impossible....

I select ship, destination and dates, then I hit "Go to Offers", I put information about PAX etc, but after the "Book Now" (where I would see cabins and prices and other information) it is a dead end. Not one link or option works...

I'm from Brazil, and I tried local site, US site, UK site... no one works!

I even tried calling local Celebrity office, but the site does work even for them! They can only give prices from another internal system.... :eek:

Anyone with the same issue?

Anyone have a workaround?

Sadly the answer is to just not use their website. :(

Many people have suggested using another browser. I am using Google Chrome and do not have an issue.....not discounting that you do and I've read all too much about X's horrible website.

Have you considered using an online travel agent? You could just let them figure out all the issues....and might get some type of 'bene' (OBC or the like) out of it??

Edited by CaroleSS

I'm not experiencing that. I use both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firebox - depending on circumstances. You can always call Celebrity and have them help you over the phone. In general though, I'm not very impressed with their website. It's functionality stinks.

I'm not experiencing that. I use both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firebox - depending on circumstances. You can always call Celebrity and have them help you over the phone. In general though, I'm not very impressed with their website. It's functionality stinks.

Chrome seems to work much better than IE.

Yeah, I've been trying all those browsers, nothing works...

My cruise sails in just over 3 months. When I check My Celebrity it says I have no reservations.:eek:. I have already paid in full. I wouldn't like to be the person who tries to keep me off that ship! Celebrity's IT dept is nothing short of a complete disgrace and has been for a long time no matter what we all say.

Celebrity's IT dept is nothing short of a complete disgrace and has been for a long time no matter what we all say.

I do not think that anyone will dispute your claim.....and I just don't understand why X hasn't done something about it!! We could go to any high school and get a group of kids together and do a better job!!!

My cruise sails in just over 3 months. When I check My Celebrity it says I have no reservations.:eek:. I have already paid in full. I wouldn't like to be the person who tries to keep me off that ship! Celebrity's IT dept is nothing short of a complete disgrace and has been for a long time no matter what we all say.

We are the same, have called them on numerous occasions and been told it will be corrected, however still not!!! Have been advised that the booking is there on their end!!!! So should have no issues getting on the cruise.

Susan & James

I do not think that anyone will dispute your claim.....and I just don't understand why X hasn't done something about it!! We could go to any high school and get a group of kids together and do a better job!!!

IT is a cost center and when you are cutting costs, IT is one of the first areas to go. All of their IT efforts appear to be creating marketing pages...and they have actually improved the entire web site user interface.

There are still gaps, there is still the booking system that asks aqua passengers if they want early or late seating; there is the occasional cruise where you can't book excursions; and so on.

Edited by ghstudio

Yes, IT is a negative in that it does not generate revenue, but it 'can' be a revenue generator.

Let's suppose the cruiser A wants to book an excursion. They can't do it via X's website, so they come to CC, find a recommended tour operator and book there. X has intentionally caused themselves a loss of revenue. Let's suppose cruiser B wants to book a cruise. The website is clunky and cumbersome. TA site Z is easy and gives the same perks as X. Cruiser B books through the TA site, thus X has to pay a commission because their website was sucky.

In both cases, X's website could have generated a profit, but was a revenue negative because management didn't invest. Most people would book through the website if they could.....but look elsewhere because they can't. :(

Penny wise and pound foolish we say!!!!!

BTW....I'm in IT.

There is manpower loss...people having to call for answered that should have been available online.

Likely a loss of new customers, other lines have superior customer experiences.

When it takes extra time to get info everyone loses.

Yes, IT is a negative in that it does not generate revenue, but it 'can' be a revenue generator.

Let's suppose the cruiser A wants to book an excursion. They can't do it via X's website, so they come to CC, find a recommended tour operator and book there. X has intentionally caused themselves a loss of revenue. Let's suppose cruiser B wants to book a cruise. The website is clunky and cumbersome. TA site Z is easy and gives the same perks as X. Cruiser B books through the TA site, thus X has to pay a commission because their website was sucky.

In both cases, X's website could have generated a profit, but was a revenue negative because management didn't invest. Most people would book through the website if they could.....but look elsewhere because they can't. :(

Penny wise and pound foolish we say!!!!!

BTW....I'm in IT.

I completely agree. I've tried to book spa and dining and when the website didn't work, I gave up. Once on the ship, there was so much to do that I didn't book on board either. I bet I'm not the only one either!

Did you add your cruise info? This is one of my pet peeves. The customer has to put in his own information, though it's not a big deal

I am not having a problem at all with checking rates, stateroom availability or seeing my reservations on Celebrity. It may be because I uninstalled IE 11 after having browser incompatibilities with my email provider. The problems started after I installed IE 11 - this about 2 months ago. At the time, I was also having trouble with the Celebrity's site.

After I uninstalled and reinstalled IE 10, I had no more problems. ;) Do a Google on IE 11 problems and see if it could be yours.

Another thing...If you are using a tablet, I noticed that I sometimes have trouble booking things from my Ipad, so I use my computer instead.

So we booked our B2B 6/28/14 and 7/5/14 trips while on our last cruise. On the website I can't access the make payment section on the reservations & the quoted prices we have from the day we booked on ship are different than on the website. The website listing doesn't show the deposits made.

Any ideas? Hoping to talk to our celeb contact Monday, as work is cancelled in Chicago due to temps. Snow day for teachers (me) and students!