Beverage package no longer unlimited?

20pluscruises

I just read a recent member review who states the bevergae package is no longer unlimited and there is now a limit of number of drinks you may have. They state this is new in Jan. 2014....can anyone verify this?

Seems odd as this very recent post shows the package being advertised in the "CelebrityToday" as being "unlimited".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979030

I just read a recent member review who states the bevergae package is no longer unlimited and there is now a limit of number of drinks you may have. They state this is new in Jan. 2014....can anyone verify this?

Where did you read this? Link?

Edit: I found it! It's the "cost-cutting cruise" on the recent reviews. Odd - I've read NO OTHER reviews that say anything similar.

Edited by turning46

Also says soda was $4 per can and they poured some and took the rest away?

I'd say this review lacks credibility.

I have to agree. The part about "cancelling the buffets" doesn't sound all that believable, either. Maybe there was some confusion as to when dinner time is over and the more limited selections are out?

Could there be some confusion in that you can only order one drink at a time? Just a random thought. We are new to the drink package. Will have the premium on our upcoming cruise, so have been reading all the posts about it.

Does anyone at Cruise Critic proofread these reviews for veracity before publishing them?

This is another quote from that review

"When we brought this to Guest Services with proof the lady printed it out, made notes and we never got credits, after that complaint we did not get the today, and never got the time for the final breakfast."

He is saying that they stopped delivering the Celebrity Today after he made a complaint. That isn't possible!

Does anyone at Cruise Critic proofread these reviews for veracity before publishing them?

This is another quote from that review

"When we brought this to Guest Services with proof the lady printed it out, made notes and we never got credits, after that complaint we did not get the today, and never got the time for the final breakfast."

He is saying that they stopped delivering the Celebrity Today after he made a complaint. That isn't possible!

If the reviewer is referring to the final morning (disembarkation), there is no Celebrity Today for that. All information, including breakfast times are included in the information sheet that explains the disembarkation process.

We were on the Millenium at New Year. There was some fine print in the brochure on board, that said up to the value of about $150 a day. This surprised us. We got up there on a couple of days but we just made sure to use both cards efficiently.

Very strange review with many unintelligible comments. For example, I have no idea what this means: "The ship needs work, it was worn down. The paint chipped on the deck and a constant flood in the islands."

I wouldn't worry at all about the drink package comments.

We were on the Millenium at New Year. There was some fine print in the brochure on board, that said up to the value of about $150 a day. This surprised us. We got up there on a couple of days but we just made sure to use both cards efficiently.

.$150 a day per person - maybe a limit they have if they fear the person has over consumed - that is at least 12 martinis after all

Is this for liquor only...the $150 limit? I guess either way it would be pretty darn hard to reach $150 pp.

There is no limit. If a person can drink $150+ per day then all I can say is God Bless You! (Not to mention the fact that one would probably be cut off long before that!) :eek:

Edited by gimletgal

The way I read the brochure it was for total spend for the day.

I guess you could maybe reach that limit if you have the smoothies, coffees, yogurt sundaes, soda, juices, water and several drinks.

Dear gawd, you would spend half of the cruise in the ladies / mens room with that amount of liquid.

Just off the Eclipse. No limit on beverage packages. 10 minute wait to order a second drink. Soda is always served with a 12oz can.:confused with the recent Century posting.

Cans of soda not using a drink package cost $2.88 including the tip. They give you the whole can. If you have a drink package, drink as many as you want.

While our cruise was last June, I can't speak to what they are doing now. But, I feel it would be foolish to place a limit on the beverage package. Carnival has a 15 drink limit per day on their package, which sadly does not include bottled water or those type of drinks. Based on several conversations with a variety of people, I think people consumed more on these packages then they would have they not placed a limit. Many many people said something along the lines of "well, I have had ten, I need five more to make it worth it". I truly believe that when you place a limit, people feel the need to hit that limit. However, when there is no limit, people don't have a goal to attempt to reach.

Hi Everyone,

Regarding the drink package - I highly doubt anything has changed. My guess is, whomever posted that comment, was misinformed.

Are we sure that the reviewer was even on the Century? Just as sometimes posters come to the wrong board here on Cruise Critic, mixing up cruise line names, is it possible that reviewer was on some other ship on some other line? So many things just seem off kilter.