Beverage package no longer unlimited?

20pluscruises

I just read a recent member review who states the bevergae package is no longer unlimited and there is now a limit of number of drinks you may have. They state this is new in Jan. 2014....can anyone verify this?

We were just on the Equinox and there was no limit. Even on disembarkation morning we had 2 specialty coffees. They said it was good until we left the ship.

Does anyone at Cruise Critic proofread these reviews for veracity before publishing them?

This is another quote from that review

"When we brought this to Guest Services with proof the lady printed it out, made notes and we never got credits, after that complaint we did not get the today, and never got the time for the final breakfast."

He is saying that they stopped delivering the Celebrity Today after he made a complaint. That isn't possible!

Cruise Critic DOES read them apparently. When my review was published (http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248662) I had to submit it and then they said they would review it for publication.

I was on the same cruise as this person and I am not sure what they are talking about. I can speak from experience...the drinks are still UNLIMITED, I can definitely attest to that!! The buffets were never "closed" as far as I know. We ate there many times at night. Hard to believe people will spend that much money and complain about every little thing. These people are the kind of people that like to give my son "suggestions" when he is performing at Michael's Club. I am not sure they would not walk into the Celebrity Theater and say, "You are singing too close to your mic" which actually happened to my son.

These are the same kind of people that would cut in front of everybody at the burger station by the pool and ask for ONE french fry. Yes, this actually happened too. Coincidently, this was the same person who had so much advice for Jordan at Michaels.

It takes all kinds.

Edited by petesfamily

I suspect that the reviewer was on the classic package. You only get Evian if you are on premium. On the classic package you get the Crystal water.

Quite why he was paying for drinks if he had the package is anyone's guess.

Maybe his partner had the drink package...and he was right...apparently, in fine print on the drink brochure it does state up to $150 pp daily. That would make it a limit and not unlimited. However, I don't think that's really anything to complain about...but then again, I didn't actually do a total of what it would cost daily / smoothies, fresh squeeze juices, soda, water, liquor, coffees, etc.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Phew!!

I nearly fell off my chair when I read there had now been a restriction placed on the previously unlimited drinks package!! :eek:

Thankfully, you have all assured me that this is incorrect and it is still unlimited! I was worried my cruise (and indeed any future cruises) may be ruined, if this was the case! :mad:

We make extremely good use of our premium drinks package! ;) I do not think that $150 a day is particularly extreme, given the price of the drinks and also the fact that it not only covers alcohol, but also soft drinks and speciality coffees etc.

I do not consider that I drink vastly to excess - although admit I do like a drink (or two)! I am English, after all!

I start the day with a can of Coke. I then drink steadily throughout the day - purely as a way of cooling down in the hot Mediterranean sun, of course! :)

In addition to this, my husband and I enjoy a glass of wine at lunch, some pre-dinner drinks, wine with our dinner, coffee after dinner, followed by some drinks at the Martini Bar to wash it all down! :D

It has to be said that I do not venture off the ship for the entire holiday, as I find I am allergic to land for the two weeks I am on a cruise! So, this does obviously help to increase consumption!

I am just trying to illustrate that even if you don't realise it, it can soon all add up. You see this when you get your final bill, albeit obviously the prices are all zeroed.

I am not sure if we have ever gone up to the $150 limit that is in the small print - but I would not be surprised if we had - and we have never been told that we have reached or exceeded it.

Obviously, as with all these kinds of deals, there are always some people who do make it pay and others who don't. I guess it kind of balances itself out though, and Celebrity must be making money on it to still do it.

I, for one, hope that things carry on the way they are and that they do not place a restriction on the package.

Whew! I was worried that they were invoking the T3Ps rule after finding out that I've got the premium drink package for my June cruise! Hint, X will loose money on me. :-)

Cheers!

Maybe if you drank less you would be Tommy2putts.:D

Interesting, its states - "...cannot be used as credit towards any other purchases including selections not included in the package"

You used to be able to use it for credit towards a higher cost drink if you had the premium package.

We make extremely good use of our premium drinks package! ;) I do not think that $150 a day is particularly extreme, given the price of the drinks and also the fact that it not only covers alcohol, but also soft drinks and speciality coffees etc.

I do not consider that I drink vastly to excess - although admit I do like a drink (or two)! I am English, after all!

I tried to push the limit on last cruise..I apologize if I caused X to rethink their "unlimited" definition!!:)

If average price per drink was $7 that would be 21 drinks per day. I don't think even I could do that!:rolleyes:

Hey All,

Having a wedding party of 25 in March. Most are getting the package.

Quick question......

When you pay the $ 54 per day for the Premium Package, do you get hit with the Gratuity bill when you leave?...or do i just pay the $ 54 per day (x 4 days).

TIA

Dwayne

I have this in my signature for those that have that feature turned off.

The restriction is that you will not be able to drink unlimited beverages all day long unless you start very early in the day. 🍸

🌴🍸🍻🍺

[quote name='dcarter4']Hey All,

Having a wedding party of 25 in March. Most are getting the package.

Quick question......

When you pay the $ 54 per day for the Premium Package, do you get hit with the Gratuity bill when you leave?...or do i just pay the $ 54 per day (x 4 days).

TIA

Dwayne[/quote]

You pay $54 a day plus 15% gartuity -- so the package is really $62.10 a day

[quote name='miched']..
The restriction is that you will not be able to drink unlimited beverages all day long unless you start very early in the day. 🍸
🌴🍸🍻🍺[/QUOTE]

Or like I have said before...don't stop from the night before:eek:

[quote name='dodger1964']Or like I have said before...don't stop from the night before:eek:[/quote]

What is that old line..."you can't drink all day if you don't start early!"

By the way, I called my TA and Celebrity and was told there is no daily dollar limit. We'll find out in three weeks. Of course, if I spend that much in a day, I won't remember if I hit it! :eek: Edited by bobandalice

I just came off the Eclipse & there is no limit! However, I would absolutely upgrade to the Premium pkg just to enjoy the $12.00 martinis in the [B]Molecular [/B][B]Bar! [/B] They were amazing . . . all 2 pages of them! It was my favorite bar on the ship, hands down! Enjoy! :D

This sounds like a challenge for my hubby kampinguru when we go on our next cruise in 11 days (a 5 day/4 day B2B). He has the Premium Alcohol Package. I am confident he will be able to exceed the $150 "challenge" on at least one day & still be able to explain coherently how he did it. I know he will start with 2 Aspen Coffees within the first hour of waking up. Throughout the day he'll have "a few frozen margaritas". A glass or 2 of nice wine with dinner. A drink or two while enjoying the evening entertainment. Not sure what we're up to yet, but I'm sure he'll be able to throw in a few others here or there to reach $150. Perhaps he can let you all know whether or not they tell him he's exceeded his daily limit. All in the name of research you know! LOL :D

Have been reading topic hoping that the policy re taking your own own non alcoholic drinks on board . I no longer drink and sailing with celebrity late in February. I think I read somewhere that drinks such as coke etc are allowed. Can anyone help.
Thanks
Kiwihdrider

Kiwihdrider

[quote name='sharkwl']I just came off the Eclipse & there is no limit! However, I would absolutely upgrade to the Premium pkg just to enjoy the $12.00 martinis in the [B]Molecular [/B][B]Bar! [/B] They were amazing . . . all 2 pages of them! It was my favorite bar on the ship, hands down! Enjoy! :D[/QUOTE]

Did you mean Martini Bar? :confused: