Concierge Class vs. Verendah Cabin Transatlantic

cpcanuck

Hi, I'm new to Celebrity and considering a Transatlantic next year. I would appreciate your insights and opinions on the difference between the Concierge Class cabins and the Verendah Staterooms. I've seen the list of "extras" that you receive in the Concierge level.

But in terms of the actual cabin - is there a significant difference in size, design/layout between the two levels of cabins? Or is the Concierge level cabins simply Verendah's with a few extra perks?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

They are the same size & layout... Just the few extra perks!

To be honest I don't think the extra cost is worth the few perks you get as the cabins are exactly the same with the exception of the shower head... It's a little nicer in a c/c cabin! From memory anyway!!

Edited by Tonyhodgson71

On M-Class ships the interior of the Concierge Class stateroom are a little bit larger than other non-suite staterooms; on a long cruise like a transatlantic it can make a difference. On S-Class ships they are the same size - so only advantage is the perks (which IMHO are pretty insignificant). Some Concierge Class rooms also have large balconies, some massive (C1's on M-Class).

Most of the concierge class cabins are on deck 8, while verandas on decks 6 and 7. Aqua on 9 and 11.

The cabin sizes are nearly the same. Perks for concierge are minor. You do get more Captain's Club points for concierge.

As previously stated, there is no difference in interior sq footage on Solstice class ships. On M class ships, concierge cabin interiors are 192 sq ft. while regular balcony cabin interiors are 170 sq. ft. Having sailed in both cabin classes on M class, the extra 20 sq ft makes a big difference and would definitely choose a Concierge if I was booking a TA on one of these ships.

Two corrections: I was on Deck 8 on Silhouette in a standard balcony, it's not specifically a CC cabin deck.

Also, non-CC cabins can also have the larger balconies. 1A do for sure plus some others scattered about.

Agree that the perks are not worth it unless the price difference is minimal--we didn't choose it on a TA last year even though it was only $50pp more. . .

Two corrections: I was on Deck 8 on Silhouette in a standard balcony, it's not specifically a CC cabin deck.

Also, non-CC cabins can also have the larger balconies. 1A do for sure plus some others scattered about.

Agree that the perks are not worth it unless the price difference is minimal--we didn't choose it on a TA last year even though it was only $50pp more. . .

Thanks for that clarification! I think I am leaning more towards a Verendah - the price differential just does not align with what you actually get - other than location perhaps.

I shall keep pondering! This is fun...planning, dreaming and researching. Love it! Thanks for the tips!

Since there is nothing to see, opt for a cheaper cabin. I'd take the oceanview. I like the light. many people take insides. Verandas??? Maybe. Only if the cost is less. There are plenty of protected places to sit outside. Enjoy!!

Good point! I hadn't thought of that specifically - many sea days on the open seas...hmmm. I do need light though... Okay, something else to consider!

Thanks! :)

Good point! I hadn't thought of that specifically - many sea days on the open seas...hmmm. I do need light though... Okay, something else to consider!

Thanks! :)

We find at times the only place out of wind and in the sun is on your balcony

But we have only done 3 TA's, found it more important on westbound TA to have a balcony

You don't state which ship. As others hvae stated, on the M-Class the cabins are larger on CC but the balconies are also larger (with the exception of a few regular balconies on the hump for instance).

Personally - balconies are perfect for transtlantics - sitting on your balcony - quiet - watching the water go by - reading - napping to the sound of the ocean! How perfect!

We find at times the only place out of wind and in the sun is on your balcony

But we have only done 3 TA's, found it more important on westbound TA to have a balcony

Another excellent point to consider! Would you say that it is windier on a TA because of the open seas, or perhaps because the ship is sailing faster than it does on cruises that are near land?

Another excellent point to consider! Would you say that it is windier on a TA because of the open seas, or perhaps because the ship is sailing faster than it does on cruises that are near land?

The ship doesn't sail faster....it cruises at it's optimal efficiency level ($'s) no matter what the cruise.

Because it was cooler on most days of the westbound cruise in early Dec, it was sheltered on the balcony , it would get nice and toasty on our balcony

From the original poster, I saw no mention of what the cost difference was between a verandah stateroom and a Concierge Class stateroom or what ship this sailing would be on. Without knowing this, many of the replies made about this topic should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm assuming there is some difference, but how much?

I have sailed on Celebrity for short and long cruises with concierge class perks. I have done several transatlantic cruises as well and what my personal preferences are may not matter to you, but if the cost is minimal, then it's a no brainer to say that you should take a Concierge Class room. I have seen them go for the same price as a verandah stateroom. Only you can decide if the price difference is too much.

The general consensus is that there is no difference between the two room types and I agree with that. Small differences in square feet don't matter unless it's your balcony and its always nice to have a bigger balcony, especially if you meet some nice people and decide to host a party at your stateroom.

Good luck with your research and have fun on your first crossing!

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

And, do note that you will have a sunny balcony on the port side if you are on a westbound transatlantic and starboard side while traveling eastbound.

Also, deck 6 port side midship is just above the smoking area so you may wish to book a higher deck if that is a concern.

We love transatlantics and always enjoy our sunny balconies for reading and snoozing.

Edited by sealover155

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the port side gets the morning sun on a westbound transatlantic. I can say that with experience after enjoying many breakfasts on the balcony of my Aqua Class Suite while on the Reflection this past November.

Very important? Or personal preference?

Who knows what is important to the OP. Maybe we should talk about what the options are and let the poster make up his own mind.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

• 1 month later...

The general consensus is that there is no difference between the two room types and I agree with that. Small differences in square feet don't matter unless it's your balcony and its always nice to have a bigger balcony, especially if you meet some nice people and decide to host a party at your stateroom.

I agree that there's not much reason to pick Concierge over Verandah. BUT, if it was me, I'd go for Aqua Class if at all possible! We LOVE the Blu Restaurant which seems like a much better perk than what you get on Concierge. It's definitely worth the price difference! Love, Love, Love it.

I was on a concierge class once and didn't really love the "hors d'vors". Blue for Aqua class is wonderful on the other hand. Usually, Aqua isn't much more than Concierge.

...just my thoughts.

What exactly is the difference in amenities between the Concierge and veranda on the Century? The price difference is $50 on my sailing so is there value? We would be elite anyway because of our status with RCL so would that negate the perk?

Edited by cruzsnooze

Depending how far away your sailing is, you may be able to book a FV cabin bat the stern of the ship.

We had a corner one, so although we were starboard side, we had sun all day.

Check out my pictures at post 9:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

Picture 1 is 1A on Eclipse ( very large balcony)

The remainder are FV on Infinity (M class)

Edited by upwarduk

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the port side gets the morning sun on a westbound transatlantic. I can say that with experience after enjoying many breakfasts on the balcony of my Aqua Class Suite while on the Reflection this past November.

I'm not trying to be argumentative either, but I fail to see how a ship sailing west will get the morning sun on the port side.

Foot stools in Concierge class and up make a big plus for us. We pay a little more to be confortable while relaxing on our balcony.

Century doesn't have footstools on the balcony in CC class.....that

is just an FYI;)