No turnover on the Explorer

My Sister and Brother-in-law are going today, I told them they should be able to check in and jump right on the bus to the ship............No waiting in that meat locker of a terminal in the cold.

That will be nice change from waiting to board.

Jimbo:)

My Sister and Brother-in-law are going today, I told them they should be able to check in and jump right on the bus to the ship............No waiting in that meat locker of a terminal in the cold.

That will be nice change from waiting to board.

Should be able to go straight to their cabins also.

Should be nice.

Jimbo:)

For all those leaving on the EOS this afternoon, hope you stay healthy and enjoy your cruise.

This cruise is already starting out better than the last one, ten days ago they left in a snow storm. We're experiencing a heat wave today, may hit 40 degrees. LOL

It may be warm enough for me to go down to the beach and watch EOS sail under the Verrazano Bridge.

I also have a few friends sailing today and had considered joining them but was unable to convince my big sister to go with me. I wish them all a happy and healthy voyage! Will be looking forward to hearing some reviews once they get back on the ships appearance etc. Happy Cruising!

For all those leaving on the EOS this afternoon, hope you stay healthy and enjoy your cruise.

This cruise is already starting out better than the last one, ten days ago they left in a snow storm. We're experiencing a heat wave today, may hit 40 degrees. LOL

It may be warm enough for me to go down to the beach and watch EOS sail under the Verrazano Bridge.

That sounds like fun wish I lived close to a port to go watch the ships leave. Here in the desert we just have to watch the web cams. Hope you all have a great cruise. Gail

They are sitting in the Windjammer now, still can not go to their cabin until 1:30pm.............no big deal, they are ON !

The crew staff in the Windjammer is serving them the food.

Edited by Jimbo

I wish I could be with them also. Alas, this time of year I'm always afraid that my cat sitter wouldn't be able to come if we get hit with weather like we've been having. We were on Voyager a while ago right after a major noro break - was a tiny bit concerned but not that much and had no issues.

Well today if your sailing on the EOS you don't have to wait for the passengers to get off. So embarkation should go quickly and smoothly. That's fantastic. Enjoy your very clean cruise. Be well. I wish I was going. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Aw, darn, we have to wait (43 days) to go. Wish it was today, tired of the cold weather. Happy Crusin'

They are sitting in the Windjammer now, still can not go to their cabin until 1:30pm.............no big deal, they are ON !

The crew staff in the Windjammer is serving them the food.

That is the one thing I find rather nice about the high alert norovirus sailings. You lose some of the selections but it's nice to interact with all the entertainment staff and other crew members that they bring in to help out.

I wish it was me, I'm getting text's from my Sister & Brother-in-law who are onboard right now.

Muster Drill is at 3:30pm

Set Sail around 4pm, she said everything is on schedule as far as she knows.

Captain just came on the intercom and told everyone to wash their hands and that the previous sailing had Confirmed Norovirus.

Said she is turning off her phone now until San Juan to avoid roaming charges. I think she has Verizon......Anyone know if the rates are higher in San Juan for using the phone there for texting or calling?

Jimbo :)

Edited by Jimbo

I wish it was me, I'm getting text's from my Sister & Brother-in-law who are onboard right now.

Muster Drill is at 3:30pm

Set Sail around 4pm, she said everything is on schedule as far as she knows.

Captain just came on the intercom and told everyone to wash their hands and that the previous sailing had Confirmed Norovirus.

Said she is turning off her phone now until San Juan to avoid roaming charges. I think she has Verizon......Anyone know if the rates are higher in San Juan for using the phone there for texting or calling?

Jimbo :)

Shouldn't be-----San Juan is part of the U.S.