Pronunciation...

bobandalice

How does one pronounce the specialty restaurant...Qzine?

Is it CUE-zeen?

cue-ZEEN?

KWAY-zeen?

Appreciate your help!

I always thought it was a take-off on the word "cuisine" and was pronounced the same way: kwɪ-zee-n.

See you in a couple of weeks!

How does one pronounce the specialty restaurant...Qzine?

Is it CUE-zeen?

cue-ZEEN?

KWAY-zeen?

Appreciate your help!

I pronounce as if there was a U after the Q....or if you look at the

phonetically.......I would say Quizine......like you are taking a quiz...LOL

or what the previous poster said and that makes more sense when referring to FOOD.......

Cuisine!

Edited by Lois R

I always thought it was a take-off on the word "cuisine" and was pronounced the same way: kwɪ-zee-n.

See you in a couple of weeks!

That makes sense. I have spoken with two friends who have sailed Celebrity, and they pronounced it as I noted. Each with their own take. But, just like you posted, that makes total sense.

Just 13 days. Amazing it's this close! We booked it a over a year prior, so time does fly.

See you on board!

Me too

Guess we could all just call it Q

That's how we were pronouncing it, as well. But folks just off Celebrity were hamming it up with their own pronunciations. Just wanted to know what folks had experienced, and I do appreciate the responses.

I pronounce it "waste of space."

We've never been on Celebrity, but looking forward to our cruise in a little under two weeks. Going to take a group of other Celebrity newbies for a night there and will let you know if we concur. Our plan is to try everything and just have fun. Thanks for everyone's input!

I pronounce as if there was a U after the Q....or if you look at the

phonetically.......I would say Quizine......like you are taking a quiz...LOLor what the previous poster said and that makes more sense when referring to FOOD.......

Cuisine!

That's the way I pronounce it as well -- Quizine.

Actually, like what the other poster said that it makes more sense to just call it food. Let's none of us "get above our raising". :D

LuLu

~~~~

We pronounced it "Qui-zine" - like cuisine, but the crew onboard Eclipse were pronouncing it Q-zine i.e. cue-zine, which goes against what others have said on here.

So I guess the answer is, there's no right answer ;)

Edited by Bobal

Hi,

It's apparently either :D...I have watched videos where former Celebrity Chef Jacques Van Staden (concept originator) pronounced it...CueSine...and if I remember correctly, when they were showing the 2012 Top Chef episodes, I think it was John Suley (Director of Culinary Operations), or whoever was sitting with Padma and Tom, who pronounced it the same...CueSine...but on other videos he pronounces it like Quizine :confused:...so toss a coin !!...Just ENJOY it !!

Woody

Edited by rwr235