freedom vs oasis or allure?

I just did a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine that was really bad to say the least. I didn't listen to reviews. NOW I am wiser and before I book the next cruise I want to hear the good the bad and the ugly about these ships.

Some people say Freedom is better others say Oasis or Allure. I am looking at an August trip back to the caribbean.

I am seriously confused but I do know I want to hear everyones opinion to make an educated decision! I will be taking 2 boys 12 and 14 with me so activities are important!

I am reading oasis and allure have huge waits and lines and some say no so much. I have read that Freedom service is not that great others say it is better!

What were your experiences, what area of the ship were you on? 1 to 10 how do you recommend it?

Thanks to all who respond.

I just did a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine that was really bad to say the least. I didn't listen to reviews. NOW I am wiser and before I book the next cruise I want to hear the good the bad and the ugly about these ships.

Some people say Freedom is better others say Oasis or Allure. I am looking at an August trip back to the caribbean.

I am seriously confused but I do know I want to hear everyones opinion to make an educated decision! I will be taking 2 boys 12 and 14 with me so activities are important!

I am reading oasis and allure have huge waits and lines and some say no so much. I have read that Freedom service is not that great others say it is better!

What were your experiences, what area of the ship were you on? 1 to 10 how do you recommend it?

I think you'll have a great time on either ship. If you plan to cruise again, I would suggest Freedom. Then you'll have more new options on your next cruise on Oasis/Allure. There are lots of activitiesfor kids this age on either ship. I just sailed on Liberty (sister ship of Freedom) and the 12-14 year olds had a great time.

We have been on both the freedom and the Oasis. Our son was 17 on one and 18 on the other. Although both ships are great, we all liked Freedom the best. We felt on Oasis we paid a premium for things/activities that we didn't really care about seeing/using. I would start of with Freedom, there is plenty to keep your boys busy. Then you have the option of going bigger if you find you like the bigger ships.

Well, this is a personal decision and everyone who replies will have an opinion. What is the difference in price? We have sailed both classes of ships and they each have their own pros and cons - I'm not going to list them here because someone will come along and refute them, just as you have seen in some of the reviews you've already read. ;)

Make the decision based on your own criteria. The one thing I know is that you and your kids will love either choice. RCI has a great product. :)

All 3 are good but Oasis/Allure are the destination themselves. big difference from the sunshine.

I was on Enchantment right after it was cut in half and refurbished. We loved it and had an amazing time on it. Everything was first class.

I was expecting the same quality with Sunshine being refurbished. Big mistake.

I know all of these ships will be a huge improvement considering how much we enjoyed the older Enchantment. That is why I am going back to RCI and staying put! I guess after the "sewer" cruise I am afraid of negative reviews, that being said the negatives are pretty minor in comparison!!!

Freedom is a couple hundred less per person and the itinerary is comparable. Freedom has a lot more on it than any previous ship we have been on, however the kids saw the zip line and extras on oasis and allure. So I guess the question I should be asking then is it worth the extra money!?

I have been on the Freedom 5 times and once on the Oasis. My wife loved Oasis. However, as much as I enjoyed the Oasis, the Freedom is still my favorite. Freedom has the best crew I have met on any of the 30 cruises I have taken. The zip line on the Oasis is very very short. The shows on Oasis were better, but the ship to me just didn t have the personality of the Freedom. Both are excellent whichever ship you decide to cruise on.

We absolutely loved sailing on the Allure and would do it again in a nanosecond. About not being able to enjoy anything else after experiencing the Allure, we found that's not the case. We sailed on Carnival Dream AFTER the Allure and still had an absolutely enjoyable time.

If you have the opportunity to sail on the Oasis / Allure for not much more than Freedom, I'd say DO IT! Feel free to click on my Allure review below (in my signature)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I havent been on the Freedom but ive been on the liberty twice for two 7 day cruises and really enjoyed it. Also ive been on the Oasis and the Allure. I enjoyed the Oasis the most.. at the time of booking we were going to book the Freedom but it cost a little bit more than the Oasis so that is why we picked the Oasis again, But honnsetly you wont be disapointed with your decision with whatever one you pick

We did Allure last March, Oasis last Sep, and Freedom over New Years. I love them all. But personally, I'd look at cost and itinerary. If it isn't much more, I'd do Oasis or Allure. They have an unending amount of things to do. 4 pools, zip line, 2 flow riders, 2 rock climbing walls, etc. Freedom is a great choice too, so you really can't go wrong, but Oasis class just has a more to offer on board. I don't really find the lines any worse on either class. I did think the service was more "spotty" on Freedom. It was my third New Years cruise on Freedom. I attribute some of the service issue with it being over the holiday. Waiter was great, cabin steward just ok, and I felt there was not enough bar service. The ship was very full (more than 2 per cabin) as it was New Years, and some of the bars only had 1 waiter, and that just didn't work.

One thing you might consider, August is Hurricane season. If you get a port cancelled for weather, it'll mean another day at sea. That may be a player as Oasis class does have more activities.

Really, either way you can't go wrong. Bottom line for me, if you can do Allure or Oasis (Oasis will be getting ready to head to Europe), then I'd do that. But I wouldn't pay too much more. You'll love Freedom too.

On a scale of 1-10... I'd give Allure or Oasis 9 and Freedom 7. Always room for improvement.

Edited by papaflamingo

I have kids and you have kids. We've done all of them. So take it from a dad when I say that with all three ships, you cannot go wrong.

If I gave my kids a choice of those three ships, they would be all over the Oasis class again. Sailing on those size ships makes everything else look like a "tugboat" :)

Crowds, never saw them..problems with doing things we wanted at the time we wanted..never had them. Getting off and on the ship is a breeze.

Just enjoy, you'll have a great time!

As stated by others, you can't go wrong with any of the 3. We've been on all 3 and had great times on all. It's a personal choice of course but if cost and destinations are close to being equal to you in your selection, I'd choice Oasis/Allure without question.

Our first cruise ship was the Navigator the DW , myself and 3 kids (2 girls 1 boy ages 16 -21) said WOW when we walked the Promanade for the first time, then when we went on the Freedom, we said WOW WOW this is even better, then when we sailed on OASIS and Allure, there wasn't enough WOWs to be said. The Boardwalk, Central Park, and everything else the Oasis class ships have IMHO, elevates this ship for our choice. Yes, it's got a lot more people but the ship is laid out very well and we have never felt uncomfortable or over crowded.

You won't be disappointed, whatever you choice is.

Those are three of the best ships at sea IMO. You can't go wrong with any of them. We have been on Freedom several times and love her. We also loved Oasis and are going on Allure in May.

I like different things better about both classes of ships, but love both equally. I'd pick based in departure port and price.

I'd say choose Oasis or Allure, unless you really want to go to Grand Cayman. In which case, Freedom class because Oasis has too many people to tender to stop in Grand Cayman so instead you get a sea day between faulmouth and cozumel.

I've been on Oasis and I've never had a better experience. I'm headed to Allure shortly but it should be a pretty much identical ship. I've also cruised Princess once, an older NCL ship and their Epic, and Adventure of the Seas. Lived Oasis the most.

Which port would be easier to get to? We have been on the Freedom 2 times and loved it and will be back on her in 25 days :D !! We have not done the Oasis or Allure but I am sure they would be great also.

If you are driving the the port I would do the Freedom if you are flying in it would be a toss up.

Can't go wrong with either class of ship !!

I've done them both and loved them both. Pick one you will love it enough to try the other one(s) later.

. About not being able to enjoy anything else after experiencing the Allure, we found that's not the case.

I agree. I think its about educating your self and managing expectations. We had a great Jewel and Majesty cruises in between to Allure cruises. This forum helps with the education and expectations.

We've sailed Freedom a few times and will be heading out on Liberty soon. Oasis is very big and we felt like we were in a resort and not on a boat. I saw people mention this in other reviews and thought it was kinda silly until I got on the ship. Both ships had alot to offer and the kids had a great time on them. With Oasis, the ship is really the destination and for that reason I probably won't cruise on Oasis again. We sail as a large group with several families and it was sometimes hard to find each other. All that being said, what are you looking for on a ship? Dining options, kids activities, lounges & bars, relaxation? Either ship would be a good decision, one is just super-sized. :)

We were just on FOS. IMO there seems to be a lot for the younger crowd to do. The ship felt crowded to us. We did not care for most of the food. And a lot of the service in the main dinning room was not good. We final got two good waiters and stuck with them. They were great. But I would sail on her again if the price was good. The ship is a work of art.

Edited by geocruiser

I have been on Liberty, Allure, and Freedom in that order. My next cruise is in July on Oasis. They where all great cruises. The Oasis class is bigger and better in every way possible. Everything the Freedom class has to offer is also on the Oasis class, just bigger and better. The Oasis class has Broadway shows which for me is a big thing. If you went to New York, you would pay between 100.00 and 200.00 for these shows. That being said it comes down to dollars and cents for me. If the Freedom class has a sale on the week that I am going, I will go. Keep in mind if you do your homework and hit it right you can go on Oasis for the same price or very close to it. There is way more for kids to do on the Oasis class. If you go on Freedom everyone will have a great time also, because you really won't know what your missing out from the Oasis. The bottom line is to get on either class for the right price.

We did FOS in Sept with 3 young adult kids and new son in law his first cruise (26,24,23 and 21And hubby 47 ) after reading reviews it's always interesting to get your own opinion. We enjoyed it and ate at the Windjammer every meal! No complaints! 1st time on a ship with a flow rider and my hubby is in love! He outdid the boys so he was in his glory! I've booked 2 cruises since for April and Sept. and my husband had to know if it had the flow rider or not (1will) they also kept busy with volleyball tournaments and rock climbing and they do have mini golf and every spare moment they were back at the flow rider!

We have done all three ships. All 3 are great. I will say that we thoroughly enjoyed the shows on the Oasis and the Allure. The aqua theater is like nothing we had ever seen before. We totally enjoyed the Boardwalk area but we loved Central Park just as well. There really isn't anything wrong with any of the 3 but it depends on what is more important to you. The Freedom certainly has plenty to do but then the Oasis class is so big, you might not do it all. We found the food on all 3 just fine. We are not food critics so our palettes are easy to please. Both of my boys, who are grown now, have been on both class of ships. Given their choice, they would say the Oasis again in a heartbeat. Me, I could sail on either again with no problem.

Just outweigh what each ship has to offer. I don't think your sons will have trouble finding something to do on either of these ships.

Remember: planning is half the fun!

:p