what can you tell me about the "the sweet sixteen"

luv2cruise523

We were in 6035 on January 25 on the Summit and we loved the cabin. Great location (i.e. the forward stairs were very convenient) and great balcony. The balcony is larger, and the room is exactly the same size as the mid ship 2B and the 2A we had in November. I would book the sweet 16s again for sure (and I have for Nov). It is nice having that little more room on the balcony so you aren't so squished. The furniture is the same though. The balcony wasn't completely covered, so if you stand at the rail or close to the rail, the people above can see you, but we kept our chairs and table back under cover so when we were sitting there we were completely under cover. They are farther forward, so if there is a lot of motion you will feel it more than if you are mid ship. I did not hear any other noise at all.

What are these?
The first 8 balcony cabins on each side of deck 6 on the M-class ships, nicknamed "sweet sixteen" here on Cruise Critic because they have larger balconies than other cabins in the same category.

You definitely get more movement if it's rough and that far forward it is best described as a bump or crash. However that was an experience on a transatlantic. The rooms themselves are fine. You used to be able to get your room steward to put a lounger out on the balcony as it's big enough, but they won't oblige any longer.

Phil

Here's a picture showing the 8 sweet sixteens on the Starboard side. You can see the double sized balconies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28473217&postcount=15

Thanks, love looking at that picture. I have 6030 booked for a very sweet price on our upcoming cruise. Surprisingly, the Celebrity reservations agent kept insisting it had an obstructed view and wasn't a good pick. Thanks to these pictures I told her not to worry and went ahead and reserved it.

Thanks, love looking at that picture. I have 6030 booked for a very sweet price on our upcoming cruise. Surprisingly, the Celebrity reservations agent kept insisting it had an obstructed view and wasn't a good pick. Thanks to these pictures I told her not to worry and went ahead and reserved it.

Yep, I ran into the same thing with a TA and Celebrity. These rooms are marked as obstructed for some reason and I had to fight them to tell them yes I wanted it anyway!!

Whether the extra motion is a 'big deal' really depends on whether you are subject to motion sickness or not:(. For me, it is in fact a big deal. However, I have stayed in these rooms twice and it was worth the chance for me as it was a nice quiet location and a great balcony. However, I would never sail them on an itinerary with alot of sea days, or one known for rockier seas.

Just like your experience, Celebrity told our TA the cabins were obstructed views. I sent this pic to our TA, so they wouldn't be concerned about it, since I sure wasn't. We also have 6030; but on the Infinity for a Panama Canal cruise. Should be great during the transit. I also like the direct view down to the water, rather than having to look around the life boats from above in the other cabins further down.

Considering one of these cabins in September...with being on the deck above the theatre is there any noise from the theatre? Also would you say there is more movement in these cabins than cabins in the aft of the ship or are both positions the same?

Considering one of these cabins in September...with being on the deck above the theatre is there any noise from the theatre? Also would you say there is more movement in these cabins than cabins in the aft of the ship or are both positions the same?

I heard no noise at all from the theater. As to motion, in my opinion (and I am VERY sensitive to motion) there is an equal amount of motion but it feels a bit different. In the very back, you get hit with some side to side shaking at times in addition to whatever motion you would normally feel. In front, you do not get that side to side shaking, but depending on how you are hitting the waves, you might get some shuddering I guess I would call it - or mild bouncing along with the rocking. If you think of the science of it, mid-ship would be like a fulcrum, and so therefore the amount of movement either forward or behind it would be equal. But because of the design of the ship, as well as what direction you are sailing vis a vis the waves, it might feel different. Not better; not worse, but different.

I booked one of these for the Transatlantic- but I got upgraded for no cost- to a Concierge Cabin- so I took that one. Well it would have been my first time in a sweet sixteen- but I jumped for the better breakfest roomservice . ( Had that before and loved it! ) I always change the little pre dinner snack to cookies- since I don´t care for those horse deuvre!

Greetings

Michael