Freedom of the Seas -inner room

beshears

If you have been on the FOTS having an inner room, would you please give me your pros/cons (yes I know this is your opinion) of these rooms?

Does the room have a vault in it?

We will be on deck 9, is that a good deck to be on, and what is it close to?

Does RCCL furnish robes like Carnival and Princess do, or do we need to bring our own?

I know this is trival, but someone said they don't even put an ink pen in the room??? That's pretty chinzy, considering the price you pay for these rooms.

Is there minature golf on this ship?

A vault? lol I had to look to see where you were from. Anyway, all cabins have a small safe. It will fit an ipad lying or standing up to tell you the size. We keep two ipads, our wallets, creds, jewelry and have never had problems.

No bathrooms unless you have status. I'm a D+, can't remember if Ds get robes. I shared a cabin with a non status friend last week, it was weird that they only left one in the room. So I asked for another and did get it.

Yes mini golf on the freedom class, so is flowrider and rock wall among other outside sports.

I do believe we get a pen in the drawer.

I was just on deck 9 on sister ship Liberty. I like that deck. two short decks up to pool deck and buffet deck. I usually walked rather than wait for elevators.

Edited by Trekker954

A vault? lol I had to look to see where you were from. Anyway, all cabins have a small safe. It will fit an ipad lying or standing up to tell you the size. We keep two ipads, our wallets, creds, jewelry and have never had problems.

No bathrooms unless you have status. I'm a D+, can't remember if Ds get robes. I shared a cabin with a non status friend last week, it was weird that they only left one in the room. So I asked for another and did get it.

Yes mini golf on the freedom class, so is flowrider and rock wall among other outside sports.

I was just on deck 9 on sister ship Liberty. I like that deck. two short decks up to pool deck and buffet deck. I usually walked rather than wait for elevators.

I assume you meant bathrobes as opposed to bathrooms. ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lol - had to laugh - bathROOMS yes, bathrobes probably not (my phone just tried to make me default to bathrooms also). If you ask your room steward nicely you might be able to get one but if it's something you must have bring your own.

If you have been on the FOTS having an inner room, would you please give me your pros/cons (yes I know this is your opinion) of these rooms?

Does the room have a vault in it?Yes

We will be on deck 9, is that a good deck to be onYes, and what is it close to?Pool Deck and Windjammer

Does RCCL furnish robes like Carnival and Princess do, or do we need to bring our own?Yes, to Platinum and above

I know this is trival, but someone said they don't even put an ink pen in the room??? That's pretty chinzy, considering the price you pay for these rooms.No more pen and stationery

Is there minature golf on this ship? yes

Which is a bad thing considering all the things they leave in your room and expect you to sign/write on, what am I supposed to use to do that with?

You could also slit your wrists with the smuggled aboard knife and write in blood! I'm kidding and in no way recommending this....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pens and paper in the room seems to be an 'iffy' thing. On several recent cruises...no pen and paper. So, when I'm walking by guest services, and it isn't busy there, I just ask for a pen, some paper and envelopes. They always provide me with a supply. :)

Does the room have a vault in it?

We will be on deck 9, is that a good deck to be on, and what is it close to?

Does RCCL furnish robes like Carnival and Princess do, or do we need to bring our own?

I know this is trival, but someone said they don't even put an ink pen in the room??? That's pretty chinzy, considering the price you pay for these rooms.

Is there minature golf on this ship?

Stayed in a promenade view room twice on FOS and was very happy with it. The people-watching was great! We were on Deck 7 and 8 I believe so I can't answer that question. If you search the threads for your cabin # you might be able to find a review of it.

I think robes are a perk for higher-levels of C&A, we've gotten robes and slippers once and that was on our honeymoon.

There's a safe in the closet, it's a reasonable size, just not huge. Plenty of room for my small laptop, both phones and small personal items to be in there together.

There used to always be pens and paper in the room then on our most recent cruise we didn't have a pen. I'm sure you could ask for a pen from your room steward and they'd happily bring you one.

Yes there's mini golf!

I assume you meant bathrobes as opposed to bathrooms. ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sailed with gold status friend I'm Emerald - got two robes but didn't use them. One size fits all =huge and so heavy that I don't like them. Wish for a lighter weight spa kind which would also be easier for laundry to wash and dry.

Sorry about that when I said "Vault.":mad: Yes, I meant safe. Trekker954, at least I gave you something to laugh about. :) What about your saying bathROOMS instead of bathrobes???

Yes, I agree, if they don't leave a pen in the room, are we to use our BLOOD??? I don't have much of that. :)

Thank you everyone for your answers.

sorry about that when i said "vault.":mad: Yes, i meant safe. Trekker954, at least i gave you something to laugh about. :) what about your saying bathrooms instead of bathrobes???

Yes, i agree, if they don't leave a pen in the room, are we to use our blood??? I don't have much of that. :)

thank you everyone for your answers.

badabing! :)

DSC02940.jpgWe were on deck 9 I believe, in an inside cabin with 3 of us (my sister and I, and my then 2.5yr old). It was plenty big for the little time we spent in there.

I don't know about a pen, but I brought a highlighter to keep track of activities we wanted to do. The Flowrider was my favorite part, its the one thing I'm disappointed we won't have on our cruise on monday!

There is no charge to play miniature golf. They charge for private lessons on the flowrider, otherwise that is free as well.

Thanks. I like miniature golf, and my hubby and our daughter might be interested in the flowrider.

Do they charge you for miniature golf? If so, how much? How about Flowrider?

Mini golf is free just grab a club and ball and play whenever you feel like it!

Flow rider is free make sure you take your sea pass card and they will give you a bracelet to wear (after you sign the liability waiver) and you can use it

whenever they are open. Husband son and son in law fell in love with it!

Inside rooms are small but we had 4 adults in there in Sept. and we managed fine as we just use it to sleep and shower and for us it was worth the $$$savings.

On that deck 9 inside room, how do you know if you have a "pullman bed", or a counch that is a pull out? The picture of the room that we have (room 9669) shows a couch, but how do youknow if it's a pull out or not?
I've found that travelocity has one of the better sites for looking at deck plans, which is what you need for this. I can't link it for you here but just run a google search for "freedom of the seas deck plans" and you'll find it, same for all the ships. There is a Deck Icon Key at the bottom that tells you what every icon listed on the rooms are for. Your particular room says "Stateroom has four additional Pullman beds available" ~ Meaning there are 4 beds total with 2 pullmans. Doesn't mention the couch but I'm assuming that is because there are pullman beds. Edited by noleguy84