Oceana delayed in Southampton

tartanexile81

Just thought those checking southampton port info might wonder why oceana stays in her berth tonight. The answer is that our departure has been delayed till Saturday probably so we will miss Funchal but hopefully fit in an extra port in Caribbean. Watch this space!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just been told we'll be sailing at first safe opportunity after 5.30 tomoro. People seem ok about it- so far. We'd rather be here all safe and warm than in the middle of a terrible storm.

Oriana trying to beat the storm just started to cross the bay will be in 101 berth ,1pm friday in stead 6 30am saturday

Oriana trying to beat the storm just started to cross the bay will be in 101 berth ,1pm friday in stead 6 30am saturday

That's cos she is a mite faster than Oceana. Of course the passengers have to help with the oars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Do they do anything special for you whilst you are in dock? Are you allowed off? Do they provide any extra entertainment to keep you happy? Just wondered.....

Agree that it will be nicer and no doubt safer tucked up there for the night tonight when looking at the weather forecasts.

Hope weather improves soon for all of us.

Edited by Scriv

Do they do anything special for you whilst you are in dock? Are you allowed off? Do they provide any extra entertainment to keep you happy? Just wondered.....

Agree that it will be nicer and no doubt safer tucked up there for the night tonight when looking at the weather forecasts.

Hope weather improves soon for all of us.

Once arrived back early on old Arcadia to escape storm. Activities on ship were as if we had been at sea.

Scriv

We've had a normal sea day programme and currently on shuttle bus going into southampton. Ladies got a lovely towel heart and red rose from stewards so all we'll . Most people still in good humour but very wet and windy here

Makes good sense - we had a few broken limbs when we sailed on Oceana 2 Jan!

Wonder if Oriana is trying to beat the storm or has a medical emergency? I've seen her do that before for medical reasons.

Makes good sense - we had a few broken limbs when we sailed on Oceana 2 Jan!

Wonder if Oriana is trying to beat the storm or has a medical emergency? I've seen her do that before for medical reasons.

Hi Sharon,

As it happens we, on Oceana had a medical emergency on the way in and stopped off in Vigo for a Medievac. We did not dock until 0700 and yet the first passengers were off at 0820. That is very quick.

Looking at the weather for Saturday, it does not seem that much better.

From her webcam she looks to be in Southampton already, and Marine traffic website shows her on her berth at the Mayflower terminal, and Oceana is still at the QE11 berth.

Yes Oceana is at the Ocean berth or it was when we left her yesterday. And I did notice Oriana was at City. I wondered if it was there because she was early. But clearly not as she is staying there.

I have to say the forecast I have seen is not much better than today.

Sailed just before 3 and definitely heading straight for Barbados. They told us that when we checked in but hoping to perhaps add another port in the Caribbean. Just hope weather improves before too long but captain has said could still be bit bumpy tonight.

Sailed just before 3 and definitely heading straight for Barbados. They told us that when we checked in but hoping to perhaps add another port in the Caribbean. Just hope weather improves before too long but captain has said could still be bit bumpy tonight.

Have a safe cruise and great time.