A shout out to HAL CC members

elsie60

I've been a member of Cruise Critic for several years and don't post regularly but lurk often. Lately on some threads I've noticed a bunch of people jumping on the board about responses being mean or "ganging up" on people. For what it is worth, I notice things that may come off like that but I also have observed the helpful comments from many people that may be taken the wrong way. I just want to put it out here that I have appreciated everyone's input and comments that make cruise planning so much easier. There are so many things about cruising on HAL that I never would have known had it not been for the CC group. Thank you all for making my cruise planning much easier due to the wealth of information on these boards.

I've been a member of Cruise Critic for several years and don't post regularly but lurk often. Lately on some threads I've noticed a bunch of people jumping on the board about responses being mean or "ganging up" on people. For what it is worth, I notice things that may come off like that but I also have observed the helpful comments from many people that may be taken the wrong way. I just want to put it out here that I have appreciated everyone's input and comments that make cruise planning so much easier. There are so many things about cruising on HAL that I never would have known had it not been for the CC group. Thank you all for making my cruise planning much easier due to the wealth of information on these boards.

I'd still be walking around looking for the trays in the Lido if it wasn't for the CC boards.

Nice post.:) I feel the same way. Learned LOADS from CC. The written word doesn't always come across the way it's meant, but the info has been invaluable.

I have to agree with Elsie. I too have been a closet poster of sorts, but have gained a wealth of knowledge from the many fine folk in CC. I now, more than ever, realize that if I can help or pass on info to another CC'er, then I sort of feel I should. If my post does not reflect accurate information, then I accept my mistake and move on. I pledge to give the best advice or comments without badgering or condescension. Thanks to the many nice people who have advanced my cruising knowledge over the years!

Great post.

Let's also remember this is a discussion forum. Sometimes you completely disagree with OP or with another poster. Nothing wrong with saying you think they are completely wrong. This notion that if you have nothing nice to say, then do not say anything, may be great for an old fashioned tea party, but not for a discussion forum.

I was on the board of an agency looking for a new executive director and we were interviewing nationally. One lady came down from a Northern state to Virginia for her interview and apparently approached a member of the agency to ask exactly that. She said that she had heard that in the South you could not say anything negative about someone else. I think our agency employee gave a great response. "Oh, no, dear," she said. "You can say anything you want about someone else, as long as at the end you add 'bless her heart.'"

I agree-I choose to ignore the negativity and gloom and doom-It's still amazing to me the job the cruise lines do-trying to please thousands of people on the open ocean. IMO cruising is still one hell of a value and you like it or you don't-all the haters need to move on. I love the info on these boards and the experiences people are so generous to share-thanks.

Yup! Apparently there was a "bug" on them. :D

I do believe HamOp must have left it there. LOL:D

I agree with Elise this is a great place for information and I as well would like to thank all those who help us. Your the best.

Helen:)

I agree. From my first post in preparation for our re introduction to HAL in 2008 for our 20th anniversary cruise aboard the Westerdam - which was coincidentally the 40th anniversary of my initial HAL experience as a baby immigrating to the US aboard the SS Rotterdam - until now this is the place I come every few months when I start planning my next cruise. I introduced friends to cruising and they expect me to do all the planning. What they don't realize is everything I know about cruising I learned right here. Thanks to everyone who has shared their knowledge and experience along the way!:D

I can easily say that I have learned all the essential things I've needed to know about cruising right here on the HAL board. I have also had the opportunity to meet so many of you in person and to sail with some of you multiple times. The friendships made on CC add so much to the overall experience as well.

Thanks to everyone.

I ditto the OP remarks. I lurk more often than I post as I still learn from so many of you. I only post when I feel it can add to the discussion based on my experience. I have to say that I know our trip to Alaska several years ago went so well because of the information I found on these boards. I will add that when I first got on I was a little leery of asking questions as some tend to jump on you if you haven't searched etc....properly or know which board to ask certain things. I have found over the years that they are few and the vast majority on this board are a wealth of knowledge and some of the nicest people I have never met. Lol.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app