Shiitake Menu in MDR

brmoqueen

The new menus have little to be said but the Shiitake menu is just nasty! Even employees make comments how bad it is. We were on a b2b and ate it one week (ordered iff the everyday part) but second week did Izumi. Concierge said people book the specialty rest a lot on shiitake night...

I was just stating what I thought plus what the waiters, WJ waiters, Izumi staff, and other employees said too. It cracked me up how many people that worked on the ship thought the menu was bad. Course everyones tastes are different... To each his own!

I was just stating what I thought plus what the waiters, WJ waiters, Izumi staff, and other employees said too. It cracked me up how many people that worked on the ship thought the menu was bad. Course everyones tastes are different... To each his own!

What night is that menu on a 7 nt itin?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

True, tastes vary. I've had this menu at least twice and found many things to enjoy, including the Carpaccio and rack of lamb. I don't recall hearing any dissension among the ranks regarding this one, or any other night's menu. In fact, the waiter we had this last time around was as excited about the lamb as we were!

Sounds to me like maybe the specialty restaurants weren't getting enough business, and the dining staff were told to encourage pax to "eat out" so to speak. I've had this menu several times, and tried just about everything but the lamb (don't like lamb). My husband loved the pasta pomadoro.

To each his own, as stated above.

I've had the Seared Beef Carpaccio more than once and it may be my all time favorite appetizer on RCI - might ask for an "entree portion" of it on one of my next cruises.

I've also had the Shrimp Gyoza Dumplings and thought they were quite tasty.

Different strokes . . .

What night is that menu on a 7 nt itin?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Night 1 = Mojo

Night 2 = Saffron

Night 3 = Pimento

Night 4 = Shiitake

Night 5 = Basil

Night 6 = Jasmine

Night 7 = Pomodoro

At least this was a 7 night Oasis in October.

Night 1 = Mojo

Night 2 = Saffron

Night 3 = Pimento

Night 4 = Shiitake

Night 5 = Basil

Night 6 = Jasmine

Night 7 = Pomodoro

At least this was a 7 night Oasis in October.

Question - if you are on a 5 day cruise (4 nights) does it just take off the last three menus?