Royal Caribbean Stockholders

When you are the owner of 100 or more shares of the stock, you can receive OBC's. Has it proven to be worth it, or has it at times not been as valuable as using other discounts?

What have your experiences been? Besides the fact that the stock has done very well.

When you are the owner of 100 or more shares of the stock, you can receive OBC's. Has it proven to be worth it, or has it at times not been as valuable as using other discounts?

What have your experiences been? Besides the fact that the stock has done very well.

If you don't own it now, now is not a very good time to be buying it.

As others have pointed out, it is only available if it is the ONLY "benefit" that you are using. It is not combinable with ANY other RC-granted benefit, including NCC, balcony discount, book onboard OBC, WOW sale.

If you don't own it now, now is not a very good time to be buying it.

As others have pointed out, it is only available if it is the ONLY "benefit" that you are using. It is not combinable with ANY other RC-granted benefit, including NCC, balcony discount, book onboard OBC, WOW sale.

I agree with Mom. Many of the other discounts are better and right now the stock is doing well so the price to buy the stock will be up there. If you already have it just sit back and enjoy the dividends as the stock continues to do well. Your dividend's should be enough to get you a good drink onboard! :)

We usually book a balcony, and since we cannot combine our C & A balcony discount with the shareholders OBC, we recently sold our shares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Us too, on the just sold it part. Before we had balcony discounts there was some benefit. Once we started getting balcony discounts it was more like a lawn ornament, something nice to have but no real function. There was a bit of dividend payout over time and I sold it on the positive.

If it was combineable I would still have it in my portfolio, but it isn't. Also, with our dollar not as strong right now, after exchange there was a better payout. I bought it when the Canadain dollar was at par with the US, which put us in a even better starting point.

Definitely agree with others regarding the comments that it cannot be combined with any other discounts and that once you are platinum or better then the balcony discounts are better.

That being said we still own our 100 shares and use the shareholder credit most times that we cruise. We have 2 kids and usually get them an inside cabin so we are able to take advantage of the OBC.

Also if you cruise and only book inside or outside cabins it may be of benefit to you.

Thanks to all for your input. We do get better discounts, since we are at Diamond C&A level, but are still considering the purchase since we want to make changes in our stock portfolio. I don't a reason why the stock won't continue to rise. I am sorry we did not consider it last year, but that is history. The OBC will be better for us for our weekend cruises, when on Majesty there are no balconies unless you are in a suite.