Noobie Question- Open container alcohol rules?

Are there rules about where on a ship you can consume alcohol? For example, can I buy a drink somewhere and walk down the promenade w/ it? Can I take a drink out of a bar and walk up to the helicopter pad with it? Can you be served a beverage in a pool? Are there any restrictions?

Thanks. We leave in a week!!!!!!!!!

Are there rules about where on a ship you can consume alcohol? For example, can I buy a drink somewhere and walk down the promenade w/ it? Can I take a drink out of a bar and walk up to the helicopter pad with it? Can you be served a beverage in a pool? Are there any restrictions?

Alcohol must me consumed orally. Your position on the ship does not matter. We encourage creativity and responsibility in your exercise of free-form drinking.

Alcohol must me consumed orally. Your position on the ship does not matter. We encourage creativity and responsibility in your exercise of free-form drinking.

However, Royal Caribbean does recommend basic safety practices while consuming alcohol, ie. no keg stands, no chugging while walking, no flaming shots whilst sporting an improperly trimmed mustache. :eek:

Perfect....all the answers I was hoping to hear. Can I go ahead and order a margarita to the shallow end of the pool on 3/9 at 6:30? Thanks.

I know right? It's awesome. So nice to get a drink anywhere and take it anywhere else. Nice with wine package, drink 1/2 bottle at dinner (just for me natch. Wife does white) and bring the rest onwards or back to room.

Tip for noobs: bar service in theater is often painfully slow so grab a drink from a nearby bar as you go in. Then of course order one for later, you may get it eventually.

You can drink them in your room,

You can drink until you go vroom,

Drink your beer at any pub,

Party down inside a club,

Have a daiquiri in the pool,

Drink drambuie until you drool,

Surf on Flowrider with margaritas,

Booze at Ritas with senoritas,

I guess what I am trying to say,

Is you can drink your drink any old way,

All we ask is that when you're poured,

You try to not fall overboard.

Very clever…love it!

no glass at the pool or hot tub areas. otherwise, use common sense.

The pool bar opens at 7AM! (Sometimes 6AM, depending on your sailing!) I will not give away how I know this.

It's posted on the Compass you receive every night in your room. Pool bar opens at 7 am, all others at 9 am. Some bars are open until 4 am or later. The only restriction I know of is sitting in the pool and I think that's because of too many of the drinks being spilled (by the wind tipping them into the water).

It's posted on the Compass you receive every night in your room. Pool bar opens at 7 am, all others at 9 am. Some bars are open until 4 am or later. The only restriction I know of is sitting in the pool and I think that's because of too many of the drinks being spilled (by the wind tipping them into the water).

And there's always the danger of some kid splashing pool water into your drink.

Love it

If we purchase wine at a port, will RCCL allow us to take it up to the room?

I know liquor is a No No but not sure about wine?

Thanks

You are only allowed to bring wine to your stateroom at initial embarkation. At other embarkations, they will hold the wine until the end of the cruise.

We were served while in the beach pool on Oasis - sitting on the ledge in the shallow end. Many people were drinking in the pool at that time as they were running a buy one/get one at the pool bar. I think they used plastic drink ware though.

Was a very nice time!