Storage for clothing in aqua class cabins on Silhouette

mrsz

We are in cabin 1606 aqua class on Celebrity Silhouette . Can anyone let me know if there is ample drawer space and any shelving in closet. I saw that someone posted only three drawers in cabin.

We are in cabin 1606 aqua class on Celebrity Silhouette . Can anyone let me know if there is ample drawer space and any shelving in closet. I saw that someone posted only three drawers in cabin.

3 deep drawers plus two over-bed lockers and a closet with hanging space, no shelves. Tiny nightstands with no drawers. However, bizarrely, there is ample storage in the bathroom with drivers and two shelved cupboards. They will give you a drawstring bag in aqua with slippers and lip balm in it. We used ours to hold all our gadgetry, wires, chargers, phones etc, and hung it over the bedside lamp!

I was wondering if there were secret storage areas hidden away that we never found!

There are no shelves in the closet, but there are large storage bins over each side of the bed Perfect for any folded items like jeans, tees, exercise clothing, jammies, etc.

Yes, only three/four drawers in the desk/dresser but two are very deep. There is good storage in the bathroom as well.

I have heard lots of complaining about the storage but personally we have never had an issue.

There are not a lot of drawers but there is an area above the bed for storage. I'm short and had no problem accessing the ends of this storage area. There is also a lot of closet space. We've sailed for 2 weeks in Aqua or CC cabins on S class and have always had plenty of space. There is also a lot of storage in the bathroom.

Mary Lou

Have been On several s class ships and picked up these tips to maximize storage space.

If you travel with lots of shoes, being a hanging shoe bag:

985723adb5888d7c9b8af3d7a90b3252.jpg

Bring some foldable cubes for the overhead bins (got mine at target)

e947fb733d22cf0f7080aed7ef4b36d3.jpg

Use the drop down bar in the closet for shorter clothing items.

P1010243_zps40514aa1.jpg

Edited by librarylady19

Ok, lets be honest here and say that the storage in regular Solstice-class cabins (and Aqua Class are simply regular cabins with a few minor extras) truly Sucks! In fact, we think that those ships (which we love) have about the worst storage of any ship upon which we have cruised (and we have been on well over 60 different ships).

But the storage problem is alleviated if you make good use of the over-the-bed cabinets. This is fine for DW and myself because we are both relatively tall and can reach those cabinets. For shorter folks...well.....I guess you can climb on the bed :)

Hank

Standard S class cabins have less storage than M class cabins. Period.

That said, we pack pretty heavy and we've always managed to find space for everything needed regularly but leave a few things we use only occasionally, or bring "just in case", in our suitcases under the bed.

Ok, lets be honest here and say that the storage in regular Solstice-class cabins (and Aqua Class are simply regular cabins with a few minor extras) truly Sucks! In fact, we think that those ships (which we love) have about the worst storage of any ship upon which we have cruised (and we have been on well over 60 different ships).

But the storage problem is alleviated if you make good use of the over-the-bed cabinets. This is fine for DW and myself because we are both relatively tall and can reach those cabinets. For shorter folks...well.....I guess you can climb on the bed :)

Hank

I agree, the storage on S class ships leaves a lot to be desired (except in the bathroom).

The easiest way to deal with those over-the-bed spaces is to bring some Closet Maid collapsible bins. It's easy to grab the handle and pull them out. I also use a smaller version to corral all the stuff I would normally keep in my nightstand since the shelves beside the beds are also ridiculous.

Thanks everyone. Truly appreciate it. Where did you get closet maid collapsable bins?

I bought some on Amazon, but I buy a lot of things on Amazon because I have Amazon prime. I have also seen them at Target.

I agree with lots of the replies.

We manage even when sailing from Southampton and therefore allowed as many cases as I can fit in the car/top box. The top boxes over the bed are deep and yes I have to stand on the bed..... Goodness now what the steward thinks as every time we come back the bed has been straightened....!

We sometimes have to keep jumpers, coats etc in a suitcase under the bed.

The storage is a lot worse than M class ships.

The pull out canvas boxes look great. What are they called on Amazon? Do they sell them on Amazon UK as I would love to buy some.

Thanks everyone. Truly appreciate it. Where did you get closet maid collapsable bins?

I've heard it said to pack everything you think you'll need about a week before your cruise. Then right before you leave, unpack your luggage and repack it with half of what you packed earlier.

Now, I don't actually do this. Actually I just can't figure out how I can pack 10 day change of cloths in a carryon but when going of a cruise I have to pack so much it take two porters just to get the bag out of the trunk of the taxi. Then I have to tip the taxi driver enough so he can get new shocks.

The pull out canvas boxes look great. What are they called on Amazon? Do they sell them on Amazon UK as I would love to buy some.

On Amazon, search for "Closet Fabric Drawer" or "Fabric Cube". ClosetMaid is the main company that makes them in the US. Not sure if they are available on Amazon UK.

Edited by jannam

I guess I'm going to have to ramp up my packing because honestly we've never had any trouble whatsoever with the storage. These threads always make me scratch my head and wonder what the issue is. Someone tell me if I am improperly dressed on our next cruise. I never thought so but I must be missing something.:rolleyes:

When I heard about the passenger who had to have them wheel in a extra storage cart for her clothing, I was amazed. . .and then left it out in the room all cruise long:eek:. I wonder if anyone commented on her extensive wardrobe during her voyage?

We have been on 3 15 day transatlantic cruises and never had a problem with storage. Of course, I wear the same suit on all formal nights and my DW takes 1 formal dress with accesories. We do some laundry in our cabin, but send out most of our laundry. The prices are not really too bad, and they always have at least one special on longer cruises.

One option is to leave some clothes neatly folded in your suitcase, and store it under the bed.

If you must wear a different outfit every night, you may have a problem on longer cruises.

Clothes storage is better on the M class ships, but S class has tons of storage in the bathrooms.

Dave.

Some (a few) of the sofas in solstice cabins have storage space in them rather than a pull out mechanism. Chances are you won't have one, but it's worth pulling up the bottom cushion(s) and checking.

does anyone know the size of the storage area over the bed. Closetmaid first says 12by 12 but they are 10+ by 10+.

All the videos and such I have seen say the 12 x 12 closermaid cubes fit in the over bed cabinets four on each side.

We are just bringing one for each side to hold socks and underwear.

Edited by jannam

Have been On several s class ships and picked up these tips to maximize storage space.

If you travel with lots of shoes, being a hanging shoe bag:

985723adb5888d7c9b8af3d7a90b3252.jpg

Bring some foldable cubes for the overhead bins (got mine at target)

e947fb733d22cf0f7080aed7ef4b36d3.jpg

Use the drop down bar in the closet for shorter clothing items.

P1010243_zps40514aa1.jpg

We travel the same way- Bring the shoe rack and bins for over the bed- it works out- even on a two week cruise and we bring lot's of clothes and formal attire.

does anyone know the size of the storage area over the bed. Closetmaid first says 12by 12 but they are 10+ by 10+.

The Closet Maid cubes are smaller than 12X12. Four of them will fit perfectly in one of those overhead cabinets. So you could conceivably take 8.

If you don't want to take my word for it or Library Lady's picture as evidence, there is a thread where some enterprising cruiser actually measured the overhead cabinets.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143