What happened to the beverage packages?! (No more soda only!)

My point is that I asked for an UNCROPPED, TWO-SIDED version of that sheet.

Did I not make that clear?

Because even the online-version of the sheet is TWO PAGES LONG, and the SODA-ONLY package is listed on the OTHER page.

I am sorry to substitute for oshawapilot, but I believe that that is the entire flyer that they were given. Which is their point. They were told that these were the only plans that they were selling.

For me the whole point of buying the package on board is you walk on the ship, buy the package, and have the cup in hand immediately. If you buy in advance you have to wait until the staterooms open to get the cup since they have it waiting for you in your room.

The age old debate - is it worth going 90 minutes with no soda to not have the red "coke sticker" on your sea pass as opposed to the pre-printed logo...

:)

I am sorry to substitute for oshawapilot, but I believe that that is the entire flyer that they were given. Which is their point. They were told that these were the only plans that they were selling.

Exactly. That's all they had at the desks that were selling the packages, and subsequently, all that was offered.

What's online, in emails, or wherever else is irrelevant when the person at the desk says "take this, or leave" more or less.

The age old debate - is it worth going 90 minutes with no soda to not have the red "coke sticker" on your sea pass as opposed to the pre-printed logo...

:)

The primary reason that I always wait until we are aboard to purchase the soda package is like I mentioned earlier - I like using our OBC to pay for it instead of putting it on credit beforehand. I suspect lots of people wait until onboard for the same reasons.

Exactly. That's all they had at the desks that were selling the packages, and subsequently, all that was offered.

What's online, in emails, or wherever else is irrelevant when the person at the desk says "take this, or leave" more or less.

My point, which I'm hesitant to even mention AGAIN because you're not bothering to comment on it, is that I'm asking if there is an UNCROPPED photo (meaning showing the edges of the paper, not just zooming in on a certain part) that shows BOTH SIDES of this flyer.

Since the online version is two-pages, with the soda-only area listed in another area, it stands to reason that the on-board version is also intended to be a two-page document, with the soda-only package listed in another area. Could they have purchased the wine package? The bottled water package? Etc. It may be that only this little bit of printing was offered and the other side is completely blank, but since nobody is willing to answer me, I have no way of knowing for sure.

-------------------

Let me tell you a story to illustrate my point: I was a bank teller in a previous life, and I had someone at my window once complaining about bounced checks. I asked when they had last balanced to their statement, and they said that by the time the statement came in the mail, they had always written more checks or made deposits, so the totals were never right. I asked them if they did the worksheet that was printed on the back of their statement to balance their checkbook, and they said that there was never a worksheet on the back of their statement. I then reached forward and picked up their most recent bank statement and turned it over.... showing the worksheet printed on the back of every page. Their response: "Oh."

THIS is why I'm asking if there's anything on the back of the flyer. We already know that the online version is a 2-pager... but we don't know if the on-board version is a 2-pager. I can't reach through the internet all the way to Oshawa and turn over the flyer, and I'm not going to drive the six hours to Oshawa to turn it over. All I'm asking is if there is anything printed on the other side of the flyer. It's not rocket science.

And it's entirely possible that it was SUPPOSED to be printed on both side, but that someone in the office forgot to hit the "two-sided duplex" button on the copy machine. But until someone at least turns it over to look, we won't know.

-------------------

It also sounds like the friends did not escalate this "up the ladder" to a manager or supervisor, relying instead on just the standard personnel. As we all know, those standard personnel are often inadequately trained. This goes for just about ANY low-level position, sadly, including the phone representatives and the entirety of the IT department!

While they should not have NEEDED to talk to a manager (or go to multiple different bars) just to get an available package, it sounds like they probably WOULD have been able to get the soda-only package if they had pursued it more strenuously.

Obviously, RCI needs to be doing a better job of training their personnel on ALL of the packages that are available. Hopefully the RCI folks who keep tabs on this forum will make sure that the word gets out to the people who need to hear this news.

You do know that you can just buy your sodas by the can, as you go?

I don't. :rolleyes:

Yes, but as I stated the soda package is worthwhile and a money saver. Even just drinking 3 sodas a day is a savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The primary reason that I always wait until we are aboard to purchase the soda package is like I mentioned earlier - I like using our OBC to pay for it instead of putting it on credit beforehand. I suspect lots of people wait until onboard for the same reasons.

+1, but this thread has made me want to pre-order. Our OBC is refundable anyway . . .

I was just on the website and I saw this

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

If you scroll down from the above website you will see something called

ROYAL REFRESHMENT package, which shows 6.50$ per day for adults over 17 and 4.50 for under 17, and goes on to show the bottle juice and water packages. So I am going to say they still have it and the OP must have talked to someone who wasn't fully trained.

I checked my reservation for May and DW and my soda package are still on there and show paid.

Yes, but as I stated the soda package is worthwhile and a money saver. Even just drinking 3 sodas a day is a savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You said that you are trying to cut down! ;)

My point, which I'm hesitant to even mention AGAIN because you're not bothering to comment on it, is that I'm asking if there is an UNCROPPED photo (meaning showing the edges of the paper, not just zooming in on a certain part) that shows BOTH SIDES of this flyer.

This has got to be one of the rudest posts I have ever read. Someone comes here and posts the only thing that they have, trying to provide helpful information to others, and you repeatedly drill them, give them the third degree and then accuse them of not bothering to comment on your demands. Oshawapilot answered your question. Give it a rest.

Just checked RC site.. Plan to bring a copy of this with me...

Pay one set price and enjoy Premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water: sparkling (375ml) or still (500ml), fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails and fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup.

I know...I know! It would be a blessing in disguise :)

Keep it up. soda is terrible for you. high fructose corn syrup, especially in soda, is a big cause of fatty liver and cirrhosis and a major risk factor for kidney disease. The chairman of medicine at U Colorado, Rick Johnson, has published widely on this, you can find his books on Amazon.com. The reason is complex and I won't bore you with a long explanation but basically your liver and kidneys can only process fructose so fast, and when they get a big load the system is overwhelmed and a toxic metabolite builds up.

Also as you no doubt saw it's recently come out that sugar is linked to heart disease, independent of its effects on weight and diabetes.

Since fatty liver passed alcoholic cirrhosis a few years ago as the most common reason for needing a liver transplant, we can perhaps say that soda is worse for you than alcohol. And you don't even get a buzz!

so keep up the good work, and look up Dr. Johnson's books for inspiration.

This has got to be one of the rudest posts I have ever read. Someone comes here and posts the only thing that they have, trying to provide helpful information to others, and you repeatedly drill them, give them the third degree and then accuse them of not bothering to comment on your demands. Oshawapilot answered your question. Give it a rest.

THAT is the rudest post you've ever read? Have you been here long? I've seen far worse daily. You try asking something only to have people not answer what you're asking over and over. Seems the people answering them were ruder.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Keep it up. soda is terrible for you. high fructose corn syrup, especially in soda, is a big cause of fatty liver and cirrhosis and a major risk factor for kidney disease. The chairman of medicine at U Colorado, Rick Johnson, has published widely on this, you can find his books on Amazon.com. The reason is complex and I won't bore you with a long explanation but basically your liver and kidneys can only process fructose so fast, and when they get a big load the system is overwhelmed and a toxic metabolite builds up.

Also as you no doubt saw it's recently come out that sugar is linked to heart disease, independent of its effects on weight and diabetes.

Since fatty liver passed alcoholic cirrhosis a few years ago as the most common reason for needing a liver transplant, we can perhaps say that soda is worse for you than alcohol. And you don't even get a buzz!

so keep up the good work, and look up Dr. Johnson's books for inspiration.

I don't drink regular soda or caffeine. However, I am well aware of the research on aspartame and the connections between artificial sweeteners and diabetes.

Hmmm

Interesting, I only order the soda package on ships with the freestyle coke machines. I ordered it for match Explorer cruise already. Maybe I should get it for November cruise as well. Wonder if Quantum will have freestyle coke machine.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

just did a quick check online for my april 5th explorer cruise ..... royal refreshment package was available, but the small print says: This package must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. Upon arriving to the ship, please visit the beverage package display table at the ships Expo, check your Cruise Compass or ask your dining room waiter for more information. This package must be pre-reserved by 31-Mar-2014 11:59 PM EDT.

Price is 37.38 total for 5 day cruise....... hope this helps.

This form also shows that Replentish doesn't come with a soda cup but when I ordered it off the website it said the cup was included.

I just went and checked the packages for our cruise on oasis in may and replenish says it comes with the cup also.

just did a quick check online for my april 5th explorer cruise ..... royal refreshment package was available, but the small print says: This package must be pre-reserved a minimum of four days before your sail date. Upon arriving to the ship, please visit the beverage package display table at the ships Expo, check your Cruise Compass or ask your dining room waiter for more information. This package must be pre-reserved by 31-Mar-2014 11:59 PM EDT.

Price is 37.38 total for 5 day cruise....... hope this helps.

The 4 days in advance is only for things booked online, I guess to ensure they have time to process it before you sail. This applies to any kind of paid booking done online, they are still all (supposed to be) available to purchase on board.

keep it up. Soda is terrible for you. High fructose corn syrup, especially in soda, is a big cause of fatty liver and cirrhosis and a major risk factor for kidney disease. The chairman of medicine at u colorado, rick johnson, has published widely on this, you can find his books on amazon.com. The reason is complex and i won't bore you with a long explanation but basically your liver and kidneys can only process fructose so fast, and when they get a big load the system is overwhelmed and a toxic metabolite builds up.

So keep up the good work, and look up dr. Johnson's books for inspiration.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

No, Oshawapilot DID NOT answer my question, which was why I repeated it AGAIN. And your complaining about it with false statements is rude. :rolleyes:

I was simply trying to ascertain if the relevant information was on a portion of the flyer that was not visible in the photograph, since the online version includes the information in a separate portion of the handout.

Oshawapilot never provided anything to show what ELSE might have been included on the flyer, nor did Oshawapilot ever indicate that there was absolutely no printing on the flyer beyond that which is shown in the photograph. If they had done so, I would not have had to repeat the comment.

For me the whole point of buying the package on board is you walk on the ship, buy the package, and have the cup in hand immediately. If you buy in advance you have to wait until the staterooms open to get the cup since they have it waiting for you in your room.

Exactly. That's why I get it first thing when I'm on board.

You people are talking about soda like it's crack. Just get off the stuff, man. Give it up.

How about not being condescending about something that has little to do with the thread. People will drink and enjoy soda no matter what your opinion, so how about staying on topic, Kthanks?

Smoking is one thing because it affects you as well so complain about that all you want, but harping on others because of their consumption of something that (arguably, at that) only affects themselves is unnecessary.

You people are talking about soda like it's crack. Just get off the stuff, man. Give it up.

I feel the same about alcohol, coffee, tea, energy drinks, fruit drinks, etc. etc. Just give it up, man.