What happened to the beverage packages?! (No more soda only!)

No, Oshawapilot DID NOT answer my question, which was why I repeated it AGAIN. And your complaining about it with false statements is rude. :rolleyes:

I was simply trying to ascertain if the relevant information was on a portion of the flyer that was not visible in the photograph, since the online version includes the information in a separate portion of the handout.

Oshawapilot never provided anything to show what ELSE might have been included on the flyer, nor did Oshawapilot ever indicate that there was absolutely no printing on the flyer beyond that which is shown in the photograph. If they had done so, I would not have had to repeat the comment.

So when faced with these two options...

1) OP posted all the information they had, and didn't knowingly leave anything out.

OR

2) OP's friend intentionally took a picture of only one side of a page, cropped the picture so there would be no other indication there is further information, saw there was writing on the reverse side, but didn't want to include that information, and is intentionally avoiding your question because it brings up a subject they don't want to talk about.

You think option 2 is what happened here? :confused:

This thread got my attention because of the title in which it said NO MORE SODA ONLY! I was concerned too because just three days ago I had bought the soda package online for our cruise in May. However, we now know through further research that this is not true and that the soda package is still available. I am relieved and thankful and will now take the proper documentation in case I should have any difficulties onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IWantToCruiseWithYou

I want to get the package because the Freestyle machines will dispense flavored waters! I really don't drink much soda though. Hmmm guess I should do it ahead of time just to be on the safe side.

I feel the same about alcohol, coffee, tea, energy drinks, fruit drinks, etc. etc. Just give it up, man.

Everything in moderation. I guess I can't empathize because it seems crazy to me that people would get so upset over not being able to have unlimited soda.

Everyone is different.

Everything in moderation. I guess I can't empathize because it seems crazy to me that people would get so upset over not being able to have unlimited soda.

Everyone is different.

I'm sure the drinkers would be upset if a "beer" package tripled in price to include all alcohol....when all they wanted/drink is beer.

It's not a matter of not having unlimited soda, but being forced to pay for extras that you don't want/need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So when faced with these two options...

1) OP posted all the information they had, and didn't knowingly leave anything out.

OR

2) OP's friend intentionally took a picture of only one side of a page, cropped the picture so there would be no other indication there is further information, saw there was writing on the reverse side, but didn't want to include that information, and is intentionally avoiding your question because it brings up a subject they don't want to talk about.

You think option 2 is what happened here? :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bumping this thread-according to the document attached on the first page of this thread, Starbucks specialty drinks and Red Bull are included in the Royal Replenish package. Can anyone confirm this is true? Sailing on Allure in less than 2 weeks and trying to decide which package to buy, if any. If Starbucks coffee and Red Bull are included, this will make it worth my $$$$. Thank you!

Bumping this thread-according to the document attached on the first page of this thread, Starbucks specialty drinks and Red Bull are included in the Royal Replenish package. Can anyone confirm this is true? Sailing on Allure in less than 2 weeks and trying to decide which package to buy, if any. If Starbucks coffee and Red Bull are included, this will make it worth my $$$$. Thank you!

The document from the first page was from Explorer, which does not have a real Starbucks venue. Explorer does however have a bar that serves specialty coffee using Starbucks brand coffee. The document was referring to specialty coffee from that bar.

Allure has a real Starbucks venue, which is not included in the Replenish package. If you want specialty coffee from the Replenish package on Allure, you would have to get it from the bar next to Cafe Promenade.

Edited by clarea

Allure has a real Starbucks venue, which is not included in the Replenish package. If you want specialty coffee from the Replenish package on Allure, you would have to get it from the bar next to Cafe Promenade.

GOOD to Know I'm Going on Oasis In NOV this year

• 2 weeks later...

We've returned from a 10 night on Grandeur, and the Soda Package was being sold on board. I did notice that the printed material that was handed out to advertise beverage packages available differed from the one that was received on Explorer. The sheet that I received on Grandeur included the Soda Package listed as an option to purchase in addition to the more expensive non-alcoholic Royal Replenish option at $20/day.

Everyone is different.

I think the issue is that one can drink soda in moderation at $6.00/day. But for people who only want soda and not the other stuff that comes with the Replenish package there is no way to drink in moderation and come anywhere close to getting your money's worth from the package that costs $20.00/day. And with out at least a soda or Replenish package there is no way to get access to the Free style machines which give you much more in the way of flavor options than going to one of the bars and buying individual fountain sodas or cans.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I received an email just a few hours ago about getting a drinks package on my upcoming Grandeur cruise, and this was the lowest level package listed:

ROYAL REPLENISH

$20 USD per person, per day

Pay one set price and enjoy our entire selection of premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water: sparkling or still, fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, plus fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup.

If I didn't know there was a cheaper option from reading Cruise Critic, I might go for this one (if I were a soda drinker).

Looks to me like they are forcing the non-drinkers to spend more and adding coffee like that justifies it.

It's getting hard to keep up with all RCI's tricky schemes to squeeze yet another nickel out of everyone -- as if recent sky-high cabin prices aren't enough. :(

So it sounds like if you want a soda package, you should book it online. Not a big deal really.

It is a huge deal for those who think that they can wait until they board the ship only to find their plans for a $6.00/day soda package just turned into $20.00/day. And I am sure that plenty of people would prefer to buy on board especially if they have some OBC that they would like to apply to the purchase.

• 7 months later...

Bringing this back up to the top - we leave on Grandeur in 29 days. Is the "Soda Only" package an option or not? I definitely don't see it online to purchase in advance. I love playing with the Freestyle machines, but not at $20 a day. I've survived cruises on water/tea/lemonade before, and will do so again if I can't get the old package.

Bringing this back up to the top - we leave on Grandeur in 29 days. Is the "Soda Only" package an option or not? I definitely don't see it online to purchase in advance. I love playing with the Freestyle machines, but not at $20 a day. I've survived cruises on water/tea/lemonade before, and will do so again if I can't get the old package.

I have "soda only' packages purchased for a December 27th departure on Grandeur.

My brother ordered it online a couple of months ago for the Soda only package.

I bought the $20/day package as I can have specialty coffees and any non-alcoholic drinks and bottles water....and freshly squeezed juice in the morning!

Just off Freedom about 10 days ago, soda packages were very much still available. The printed literature did not make it very clear though... Seems Royal may be trying to push the larger packages (and I cannot blame them - almost pure profit!) to those that may not know better.

I bought mine online in advance, and several others in my group bought onboard.

It is definitely on the cruise planner site. It is called the Royal "Refreshment Package". Click on "Dining & Beverage" along the top and it is under "All Beverage Packages"

ScreenShot2014-10-23at11809PM_zpsfbefe7e9.png

NO ONE likes surprises that hit them negatively in the pocketbook. Bad form.

If they want to do this, they should email, mail, website, etc. that only PRE Orders allowed for the Refresh package.

Not great that they wouldn't allow folks to use their OBC for soda package, but at least be UPFRONT about it.

I didn't read thru all the thread, and this issue may be resolved by now.

Bottom line is, its disappointing when expectations aren't met. Big or small. And what may be small to you, may be more to someone else.

Edited by tgnorton

We board and go to eat before the cabins are open at 1 pm so we always wait to purchase the soda package until we are on board. They sell it just outside the Windjammer and you get your choice of several colors/designs on the insulated cup. We prefer not to purchase on-line because we would have to wait until our cabin is available to use it, and not get to choose which cup. It makes a difference when you are purchasing several of the soda cards for everyone to have a different color to keep them separate.