Just returned from cruise on Noordam

Sea-travelers

We sailed on the Feb 17th, 11 days on the Noordam and had a wonderful cruise. After reading all the post about the Noordam for several months I was not sure what I would find. The ship was in great condition even though the staterooms look a little tired. The food was great. We had dinner twice at the PG and twice at Canaletto and had really good service. The entertainment was above average with BB Kings fantastic! The crew was very courteous, professional, smiling, and helpful. I cannot think of any negative issues that occurred on the ship and would go back on the ship tomorrow if I could. We had friends with us sailing on HAL for the first time who cruise Princess and Celebrity and at the end of the cruise they had a long list of things that HAL does better and would cruise on HAL again. This is my very brief review and I would rate the cruise 99 out of 100 points. Minus 1 point because I could not get my Starbucks coffee drink.

It's so nice to hear a good review, especially when we are getting on the Noordam this month for a TA. Thank you for a pleasant post!

We are also joining Noordam for the TA on March and we are really looking for to it

We were on this same cruise plus the previous 10 days and also have only positive things to say. The CD, Mario was excellent and the shows by the ship's singers and dancers were outstanding. Mark Pells was the Hotel Manager which I think has a lot to do with the great experience.

Did you use the "explore 4" beverage package. If so how did it work.

We had the explore 4 beverage cards and it could be used for coffee, sodas, wine, mixed drinks. We used it during happy hour where the first drink was $6 and the second was a $1. Any mixed drink or wine had to be $7 or less. the mixed drinks were less than most glasses of wine.

We had the explore 4 beverage cards and it could be used for coffee, sodas, wine, mixed drinks. We used it during happy hour where the first drink was $6 and the second was a $1. Any mixed drink or wine had to be $7 or less. the mixed drinks were less than most glasses of wine.

I was wondering if you could use the explorer 4 for the happy hour drinks!

Thank you for the good review. We will be boarding on the 21st for the 25-day transatlantic to Barcelona and then on to Rome. Our first HAL cruise was on the Noordam and it was wonderful. We look forward to being on her again.

We too sailed on this cruise plus the previous one and had a marvellous time. The ship, the food, the service, the shows, everything was great. The production shows were exceptional -- "Classique" and "Droom" in particular -- some of the best we've ever seen on board ship, and the Cruise Director, Mario, was the best we've ever had the pleasure of sailing with! We enjoyed the BB King Blues Band too, but preferred the one on the Westerdam last November.

All in all, a wonderful three weeks at sea!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you for the good review. We will be boarding on the 21st for the 25-day transatlantic to Barcelona and then on to Rome. Our first HAL cruise was on the Noordam and it was wonderful. We look forward to being on her again.

Have fun! We're doing the reverse voyage in October. We did the NA Med/TA last fall and loved it.

We just got off Noordam too. All good.

The only problem is( if seen first comedian) that did the tom jones

impression) my husband after that kept saying " That deserves another

button" If anyone saw that show will know totally what I mean.

grrrr, lol :D

Edited by two4me
spelling

We too sailed on this cruise plus the previous one and had a marvellous time. The ship, the food, the service, the shows, everything was great. The production shows were exceptional -- "Classique" and "Droom" in particular -- some of the best we've ever seen on board ship, and the Cruise Director, Mario, was the best we've ever had the pleasure of sailing with! We enjoyed the BB King Blues Band too, but preferred the one on the Westerdam last November.

All in all, a wonderful three weeks at sea!

I was on the Noordam late January - early February and totally agree about "Droom". It blew me away! Unfortunately they didn't have "Classique" on my sailing which kind of bummed me out because I would have liked to hear Billy, the lead male singer, strut his stuff (he's a classically-trained singer).

Sounds like Jeff Burghart.

Edited by elycelynne

We didn't go to see the comedian... sounds as if that might have been a good thing!

We did, however, really enjoy Billy Shaw in the stage productions. We went to one of the Coffee Chats with Mario and he was the guest: not only is he very talented, but what a truly delightful young man he is! Every time we passed him out and about on the ship after that he remembered us and stopped to chat.

We do. :thumbup: