RCI email to have birthday in Compass?

Last year while on the Oasis, I noticed that on some days special celebrations were mentioned in the Compass. This year, on the Allure, I would love to have my daughter and sister's birthdays listed... it's the day after we depart. Do you think there is any chance I can arrange this before we board? Is there a general "customer service" email I can ask the question to for the Allure?

Thanks so much!

Last year while on the Oasis, I noticed that on some days special celebrations were mentioned in the Compass. This year, on the Allure, I would love to have my daughter and sister's birthdays listed... it's the day after we depart. Do you think there is any chance I can arrange this before we board? Is there a general "customer service" email I can ask the question to for the Allure?

Thanks so much!

You have to do this once on board through Guest Services and I don't know how many days prior to publication they need in order for it to get included. It's $25 per notice charged to your SeaPass Account.

Thanks so much!

I don't know who you should call, but, are you aware you have to pay to do it? At least you used to.

Oops, Patti beat me to it. Thanks Patti.

Gwen :)

Edited by cruzinlady1947

You have to do this once on board through Guest Services and I don't know how many days prior to publication they need in order for it to get included. It's $25 per notice charged to your SeaPass Account.

Then how do those that have it the first nights Cruise Compass arrange that :confused:...There must be a way pre-cruise as we've seen them and were surprised.

Forms are at Guest Services and must be filled out before 10:00am on the day prior for your message to be printed.

On the Explorer last March they told me at customer service that it could only be done for port days, as there is fewer things on the schedule than on sea days.

I don't remember seeing any on embarkation day... :confused:

Then how do those that have it the first nights Cruise Compass arrange that :confused:...There must be a way pre-cruise as we've seen them and were surprised.

Maybe they were on a B2B, or knew someone who would be on the next cruise.

Maybe they were on a B2B, or knew someone who would be on the next cruise.

When I saw those, I guessed that they were fake. Plants. Shills. Fillers. :D

On my 50th birthday, my wife had my birthday printed in the compass. But they messed up and printed it as 50th anniversary.

She got a refund of the price because of the mess-up.

I would love to do this on Indy next month because our 10-year anniversary falls during the sailing.

However, not sure if it can be kept a secret! Wife and I have the same sea pass account, and we check our balance often through-out the cruise. I highly doubt they would let me pay in cash/credit, but will certainly ask though.

The only way to let people know that this is available is to include announcements in the first Cruise Compass. Many times the Loyalty Ambassador will put in a greeting to recognize a special C&A Member that will be on the upcoming cruise or if the Concierge has a favorite couple coming on board that he/she wants to recognize.

If folks are consecutive cruisers, they also have the advantage of being able to include something in the first Cruise Compass for the second part of their b2b, Most of the times, though, the announcements are from previous cruises.

The only way to let people know that this is available is to include announcements in the first Cruise Compass. Many times the Loyalty Ambassador will put in a greeting to recognize a special C&A Member that will be on the upcoming cruise or if the Concierge has a favorite couple coming on board that he/she wants to recognize.

If folks are consecutive cruisers, they also have the advantage of being able to include something in the first Cruise Compass for the second part of their b2b, Most of the times, though, the announcements are from previous cruises.

I wonder, if you are a suite guest or of the proper C&A status, if this could be arranged in advance through the ship concierge?

I wonder, if you are a suite guest or of the proper C&A status, if this could be arranged in advance through the ship concierge?

That's a great suggestion, thanks so much. We're in a GS and they should (hopefully) be contacting me soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update - after numerous emails sent (many no response) and a handful of phone calls - I am without any ideas.

I've got maybe one last chance effort.

Email the Loyal Ambassador on Allure.

Anybody happen to have this email address?

I'm realizing it may be about time to give up on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well... I know on our last BTB the messages were basically the same on each leg so I'm guessing most of them aren't real, just added by the editors of the Compass to try and drum up sales. So, having said that, maybe you are seeing fake messages for that first night.

J

Well... I know on our last BTB the messages were basically the same on each leg so I'm guessing most of them aren't real, just added by the editors of the Compass to try and drum up sales. So, having said that, maybe you are seeing fake messages for that first night.

J

I was going to say the very same thing......

our anniversary notice was arranged through the concierge as we were in a suite. there was only one,maybe two other notices that night so it is entirely possible that only suites have 'early' access.

On the Explorer last March they told me at customer service that it could only be done for port days, as there is fewer things on the schedule than on sea days.

I don't remember seeing any on embarkation day... :confused:

not on the welcome aboard one that is in the room when you first board but definitely in the evening's edition. which was a sea day.

We had the CD announce our son/new daughter in law's wedding on one of his morning shows. I just left notice in his box that was by the guest services and he announced it next day. It was free and they were so surprised !!

When we boarded the Allure last July, we went to customer service and put an "add" in for our DD's Graduation.

We were on the Western route and were told it would be in Tuesdays compass, it was our Labadee port.

We paid $25 for three lines.

Sea Ya

I would love to do this on Indy next month because our 10-year anniversary falls during the sailing.

However, not sure if it can be kept a secret! Wife and I have the same sea pass account, and we check our balance often through-out the cruise. I highly doubt they would let me pay in cash/credit, but will certainly ask though.

You could pay someone else on the cruise cash to do it for you so charge doesn't show up on your bill.

I'd do that for someone no problem.

our anniversary notice was arranged through the concierge as we were in a suite. there was only one,maybe two other notices that night so it is entirely possible that only suites have 'early' access.

Remember that there is no consistency among ships in the RCI fleet. This also holds true for those that are in the position of Concierge.:D

You could pay someone else on the cruise cash to do it for you so charge doesn't show up on your bill.

I'd do that for someone no problem.

Good suggestion, will also consider that option. Thank you!

Thanks so much!

I tried emailing the concierge to get my sons B-day which is the day we depart and got this response.......

Since March 1st we discontinued advertising celebration in the cruise compass

Shall you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Charmaine Fernandes

?ui=2&ik=c5cef3f047&view=att&th=144e1f509b33d7b1&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

I tried emailing the concierge to get my sons B-day which is the day we depart and got this response.......

Since March 1st we discontinued advertising celebration in the cruise compass

Shall you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Charmaine Fernandes

?ui=2&ik=c5cef3f047&view=att&th=144e1f509b33d7b1&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

There were no announcements on our recent Liberty cruise. They added a section that listed the nightly music and entertainment by venue instead.