Priority Waitlist for Excursions

We are newly D+. I understand there is a priority waitlist for excursions as one of the benefits.

Does that include the cabana's at Labadee on Nellies?

We booked our next Royal cruise this past December for next December NYE. Ive been checking every day for cabana availability and nothing. We have had cabana's on Barefoot in the past but on those cruises we were in GS. This time, pricing is way too high so we are in a D2.

Question is - do I call C & A to get on a waitlist or do I wait until boarding to do it at the Excursion desk? Could all the cabanas be gone already? Or do I have a chance they will show up to book in advance? Thanks so much for all your help.

Since you are diamond plus you have access to barefoot beach! Is for suite guests and diamond plus and above. Enjoy!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

really? Didn't know that. I knew we had concierge lounge access and reserved seating for shows however I didn't think we had some of the other suite perks that suite passengers get.

We don't get reserved seating at the pool correct?

So....Do I e mail the concierge to request a cabana and advise him we are D+?

Thanks so much for the tip.

Since you are diamond plus you have access to barefoot beach! Is for suite guests and diamond plus and above. Enjoy!

Has that changed recently? I thought Barefoot was for full suite guests and Pinnacle C&A.

Has that changed recently? I thought Barefoot was for full suite guests and Pinnacle C&A.

I thought the same thing - therefore I thought I had to be waitlisted for a cabana - even on Nellies- Im fine with Nellies since we are just in a balcony and not a suite. Just would like the cabana. Not concerned with upgraded buffet. Just trying to find how to be waitlisted if the option doesn't com up to purchase a cabana on the excursions list. So far it hasn't and that's for December. Don't know if I missed it and they are full already 9 months in advance (been checking for several months now) or, if it hasn't been added to the excursion list yet.

I know nothing about waitlists and priority but I do know that cabanas randomly pop up as available. I was able to pick one last summer about 2 months before our trip. I never saw one available before that. I guess that someone cancelled it and it went back into available inventory. I just got lucky when I checked.

Diamonds get on Barefoot beach if they are in a Cabana or suite.

Otherwise does not happen (It is not a perk for their C & A status).

Unless you tip the attendant nicely or know the CL (:eek:)

As posted on some reviews

Have not seen personally but have read about it.

(I know second hand fact, just re-posting what others have shared).

Please, don't flame me.

Sea Ya

Barefoot Beach is reserved for: GS and above suite guests, those who have rented a cabana, and Pinnacle members only. It is not a perk for D+ status.

I thought this as well :)

Ill be happy with a Cabana anywhere - not looking for Barefoot specifically - just haven't been lucky enough to catch it on the excursions page

I am diamond plus and I never have experienced any priority in excursions. Also Barefoot Beach is reserved for Suites and Pinnacle.

Yes, I realize that about Barefoot Beach.

As far as priority waitlist for excursions - if you go to Royal Caribbean.com

Then the Crown and Anchor link

Member Benefits

Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/VitalitySM Day Spa services - Diamond - Diamond Plus and Pinnacle

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Just trying to find out the procedure for the priority wait list - call now, e mail now or wait til boarding?

Maybe Ill just call Crown & Anchor

Could someone explain this perk to me. I'm lonely emerald status and every time I reserve a excursion I always get it. Never have to wait or anything. Same goes for spa stuff. If I want something at a certain time I always get it. Never been turned down before. What's the whole point to it?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Could someone explain this perk to me. I'm lonely emerald status and every time I reserve a excursion I always get it. Never have to wait or anything. Same goes for spa stuff. If I want something at a certain time I always get it. Never been turned down before. What's the whole point to it?

Once on the ship, if you try to book an excursion and find it's sold out, you can be put on a waitlist, so that if someone cancels you have a chance to book the excusion. If you have priority on the waitlist, that means you will be listed before those without priority, and thus have a better chance of getting the excursion booked.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Once on the ship, if you try to book an excursion and find it's sold out, you can be put on a waitlist, so that if someone cancels you have a chance to book the excusion. If you have priority on the waitlist, that means you will be listed before those without priority, and thus have a better chance of getting the excursion booked.

Exactly - waitlist only is excursion is unavailable - sold out - whatever - if one becomes available then you might be next in line

Diamonds get on Barefoot beach if they are in a Cabana or suite.

Otherwise does not happen (It is not a perk for their C & A status).

Unless you tip the attendant nicely or know the CL (:eek:)

As posted on some reviews

Have not seen personally but have read about it.

(I know second hand fact, just re-posting what others have shared).

Please, don't flame me.

Sea Ya

ANYONE can be on Barefoot Beach if they snag a cabana. It's not a Crown & Anchor perk or function of your C&A status. It's just having the cabana.

:)

ANYONE can be on Barefoot Beach if they snag a cabana. It's not a Crown & Anchor perk or function of your C&A status. It's just having the cabana.

:)

Maybe Patti can confirm, but I thought that gold card holders have access to Barefoot Beach even without a cabana.

Edited by clarea

I think it may now be "if they snag a Barefoot Beach cabana."

We've gotten Barefoot Beach cabanas twice, even as lowly Platinum or Emerald C&A members thanks to being able to get them from the Concierge, and we did have access to Barefoot Beach those times. However, since Royal Caribbean changed Nellie's Beach cabanas not to include the upgraded buffet offered at Barefoot Beach, I'm thinking that people who get Nellie's Beach cabanas* won't get the magic wristbands that would permit them access to Barefoot Beach.

* Some people will be grandfathered in if they reserved their Nellie's Beach cabana before October 4, 2013.

Edited by Daghis

Believe me, the "better" lunch at Barefoot is nothing to write home about. When this all started, there were lobster tails. Then it went to shrimp skewers. Now it is chicken skewers. There is pre-cooked strip steak. Otherwise, it's all the same.

I think it may now be "if they snag a Barefoot Beach cabana."

We've gotten Barefoot Beach cabanas twice, even as lowly Platinum or Emerald C&A members thanks to being able to get them from the Concierge, and we did have access to Barefoot Beach those times. However, since Royal Caribbean changed Nellie's Beach cabanas not to include the upgraded buffet offered at Barefoot Beach, I'm thinking that people who get Nellie's Beach cabanas* won't get the magic wristbands that would permit them access to Barefoot Beach.

* Some people will be grandfathered in if they reserved their Nellie's Beach cabana before October 4, 2013.

If you rent a cabana at Nellies that does not give you access to Barefoot Beach