Music volume on your next cruise

ghstudio

What is your preference on music volume on your next cruise?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference on music volume on your next cruise?

• I enjoy loud music throughout the ship
    • I enjoy loud music in some areas (pool/marini bar/) but would like some areas with background music
    • I don't think that loud music is appropriate anywhere on the ship
    • The loudness of the music doesn't bother me one way or the other.

sorry be be suspicious bit this does not look very Official to me????

Hi Hcat,

FYI - the screen name "Celebrity Cruises", is the official representative for Celebrity. Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Hcat,

FYI - the screen name "Celebrity Cruises", is the official representative for Celebrity. Hope this helps !

Thanks Andy--you always come through with the " real deal" for us!

Glad Celeb is listening...now hope they will act!

HCAT

Hi all,

We want to ensure that everyone is enjoying the music on our ship, and we never want to have music that is too loud, or too low. We have looked into the issue, and we will make sure that the volume is corrected on all of our ships. This process may take a few days, but rest assured we have passed on your feedback and want to provide the best cruising experience for all of our guests.

Hi Folks

May I have your consent to quote this message should I encounter problems whist on board Solstice sailing ex Auckland on the 22nd March .. just over a week away? (I'm NOT expecting any problems I'm expecting a great cruise, the first with Celebrity but NOT the first on a ship with an X on its two funnels)

BTW Both Solstice and QM2 are in Melbourne today .. they both look splendid

Regards

John

Thank you for listening. This isn't about music taste and with my upcoming trip on 3/24 I have been very concerned. I suffer from migraines and loud music throughout the ship would keep me hiding in my cabin. I am glad X is revisiting this issue for all reasons.:)

I find it interesting that so many posters are assuming Celebrity's message says, "We shall lower the volume to suit 'you'."

Just sayin' .... :cool:

Hi:)....not all of us......to be honest, I would be happy with allowing

the ship to have the say on the matter....not HQ. I think that would be

more helpful to everyone. Miami has no idea what the sound is like or

how loud or soft it is........

Mystery solved!

Sportfishers in post #432 on thread "Hey Celebrity: Loud Music…" gives a link to a recent article in the NY Times about Celebrity "Keeping The Entertainment Fresh".

Not sure this will work, but the link is http:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/travel/cruise-quest-keeping-the-entertainment-fresh.html?hpw&rref=travel

In essence, it states Celebrity has recently employed Becky Thomson Foley to update and modernize on-board entertainment. While I think the objective is admirable, I am concerned about the execution, based on my recent experience on Reflection.

If she thinks the answer is that odd experience called Liquid, or the Miami DJs making deafening noise at the pool, then it is time Celebrity seriously rethinks its execution of this strategy.:rolleyes:

Edited by Seapoint

I attended the Liquid party a few weeks ago on the Reflection and it was FANTASTIC! I applaud Celebrity for thinking outside the box. As far as I'm concerned if Liquid is a sign of things to come they are going in the right direction.

The Miami DJs played for 1 hour at a time at the pool and martini bar. If you don't like it...come back in an hour and stop complaining. If you want to have an intimate conversation with someone The Molecular Bar, Cellar Masters or Cafe Al Baccio would probably be more ideal than the Martini Bar at 11:30pm while there is a DJ playing.

There was never loud "deafening" music at Michael's Club, The Lawn, The Sunset Bar, or The Solarium either. At least of my cruise it looked like everyone was having a great time. The one complaint I did hear over and over was how the entertainment was lacking so it sounds like they are listening the overwhelming majority of passengers rather than the microcosm that is CC.

Every night the martini bar was packed and during the day the majority of the people were dancing and enjoying the music by the pool. If this is all too much for you perhaps a nice river cruise through Dublin would be more your speed.

I attended the Liquid party a few weeks ago on the Reflection and it was FANTASTIC! I applaud Celebrity for thinking outside the box. As far as I'm concerned if Liquid is a sign of things to come they are going in the right direction.

The Miami DJs played for 1 hour at a time at the pool and martini bar. If you don't like it...come back in an hour and stop complaining. If you want to have an intimate conversation with someone The Molecular Bar, Cellar Masters or Cafe Al Baccio would probably be more ideal than the Martini Bar at 11:30pm while there is a DJ playing.

There was never loud "deafening" music at Michael's Club, The Lawn, The Sunset Bar, or The Solarium either. At least of my cruise it looked like everyone was having a great time. The one complaint I did hear over and over was how the entertainment was lacking so it sounds like they are listening the overwhelming majority of passengers rather than the microcosm that is CC.

Every night the martini bar was packed and during the day the majority of the people were dancing and enjoying the music by the pool. If this is all too much for you perhaps a nice river cruise through Dublin would be more your speed.

Do I detect a little hostility here. Let's applaud diversity of taste.

Oceanview 77..why so hostile :confused:

Many passengers have expressed the view that music has been too loud in the common areas, including Host Andy on his recent Century cruise.

Where there is so much smoke, there is fire!

I think the intention of Celebrity to update and modernize its entertainment is to be applauded. I fully agree that the Captains welcome toast, the Broadway song and dance shows, the boring introduction show on the first night etc etc are in real need of new and fresh thinking.

I think the reality is that as new things are tried, some will be successful, and others will not. Thats ok.

The purpose of this thread and many others is to provide feedback to Celebrity, to help give them an indication of what is working in the opinion of the posters on the thread. So far, many have expressed the opinion that very loud music in the common areas such as the pool and foyer is not the answer. However, that is not to say that Celebrity should not continue to try to innovate with fresh ideas. Just cranking up the volume is an easy cop-out where real creativity is called for.

Oceanview 77..why so hostile :confused:

Many passengers have expressed the view that music has been too loud in the common areas, including Host Andy on his recent Century cruise.

Where there is so much smoke, there is fire!

Sorry if I came across hostile....more frustrated. Kind of tired of chronic complainers on these boards. I respect everyone's opinion but I do not for a second believe that someone could not find a quiet spot on the entire ship. I can only speak for the 3 cruises I've been on. I saw lots of happy people enjoying their cruise.

I'm kind of surprised by the results. I voted for the one that said loud music in certain areas, background music in others. The fact that twice as many respondents said no loud music anywhere is concerning me.

We sat at a number of the venues mentioned on the Reflection with dozens of people having a good time. They would ask what my Cruise Critic lapel pin was all about as they had never heard about CC. I wish there was a way I could post the video I shot one evening when there was a party going on in the Atrium. Not overly loud, lots of fun.

If you want to have an intimate conversation with someone The Molecular Bar, Cellar Masters or Cafe Al Baccio would probably be more ideal than the Martini Bar at 11:30pm while there is a DJ playing.

Now why didn't *I* think of that? :confused:

Guess I'm havin' a hard time keepin' up with all these new fangled, completely radical ideas. :mad: :eek: :p

Currently on Solstice off New Zealand. Problem with music is a more a matter of a problem with ship design. The loud music on this cruise has been a band playing on deck 3 near Passport Bar. Since everything is open above it, all of the bars in the core, the coffee area, the library, the card room all get impacted with the loud music. That leaves very few places to retreat too. Micheal's club and the lounge just outside it are about it. The music was loud enough that the people watching movies in Celebrity Central could hear it, even in the separate theater. It is one thing to have the music is one venue that is somewhat separate, but to have it in the open central area that impacts most venues is certainly a problem.

Edited by RDC1

I don't want it loud at the pool or the martini bar - in the nightclub, enclosed, where the partiers want to go and dance and not converse, I think would be the only place for booming loud.

My thoughts exactly.

I have to say if it is loud at the pool and in the Martini Bar it will be a deal breaker for us, as I expected some peace and quiet on a Celebrity ship (first time with Celebrity).

Is there a difference between European and Caribbean sailings in the onboard experience?

Edited by Little Nell

My thoughts exactly.

I have to say if it is loud at the pool and in the Martini Bar it will be a deal breaker for us, as I expected some peace and quiet on a Celebrity ship (first time with Celebrity).

Is there a difference between European and Caribbean sailings in the onboard experience?

Whether it was planned that way or not, passengers have effectively made Martini bar a nightclub in the evening - yes, the DJ's make the noise, but it's the PASSENGERS that make the scene - if you're not interested in that, relative "peace and quiet" may be found in the Ensemble lounge and in Michaels club (yes, I know it's going away) at the very least.

We just returned from Allure and we have never enjoyed the background music so much. Music from the 60's to the 90's with a smattering of the latest tunes and at volumes that varied by locale and still permitted conversation even on the pool deck.

Whether it was planned that way or not, passengers have effectively made Martini bar a nightclub in the evening - yes, the DJ's make the noise, but it's the PASSENGERS that make the scene - if you're not interested in that, relative "peace and quiet" may be found in the Ensemble lounge and in Michaels club (yes, I know it's going away) at the very least.

Thank you. Was hoping to enjoy the cocktails in the Martini bar but wouldn't like loud techno music at all.

Don't get me wrong we enjoy a good time and like listening to and dancing to music but it isn't what I expected the Martini bar to be. That's all.

Thank you. Was hoping to enjoy the cocktails in the Martini bar but wouldn't like loud techno music at all.

Don't get me wrong we enjoy a good time and like listening to and dancing to music but it isn't what I expected the Martini bar to be. That's all.

Don't despair - we were there several times before 6PM and it's nice and quiet.