Eurodam Burger Joint - The Dive-In

billbunger

No "veggie burger" was listed on the Eurodam's Dive-In board nor was one available on demand.

That's weird. I'm sorry for the bad information then. :( I saw a photo of a person pointing to the burger sign which had Veggie Burger on it. It was from a Eurodam photo album.

No "veggie burger" was listed on the Eurodam's Dive-In board nor was one available on demand.

Seems like I'm getting conflicting answers, then! I'll just go with the flow and be happy with a portabella, and pleasantly surprised if I am able to find a veggie burger.

How are the French fries; are they pretty hot and crispy? Thin, thick, oily, etc?

That's weird. I'm sorry for the bad information then. :( I saw a photo of a person pointing to the burger sign which had Veggie Burger on it. It was from a Eurodam photo album.

Probably an older picture. It definitely was not there in February.

They do have a grilled Portabella sandwhich at the Dive In. It was very good. But we really liked the hamburgers the best. The fries are coated and hot and crisp. They serve them with a white cheddar cheese sauce if you like.

Nachos were in the Lido.

They do have a grilled Portabella sandwhich at the Dive In. It was very good. But we really liked the hamburgers the best. The fries are coated and hot and crisp. They serve them with a white cheddar cheese sauce if you like.

Nachos were in the Lido.

Yum; can't wait to try those fries! Maybe even Holland-style with mayo instead of ketchup!

The Dive-In was in place on the Westerdam last week. They were just getting it all together when we embarked on 3/22. The Taco table was still in place just forward of the Dive-in.

The burgers and hot dogs were great, as were the frys, available "naked" with "Dive-in sauce" or with cheese sauce. I forgot to snap a photo of the posted menu, but it was not as extensive as the old Terrace Grill menu, but the food was much better. And there were notes indicating that they recommend the burgers be well done, but will prepare them per request listing the attendant risks.

The Captain did state that this are of the Westerdam would be "reconfigured" during the dry-dock starting next weekend.

The Dive-In was in place on the Westerdam last week. They were just getting it all together when we embarked on 3/22. The Taco table was still in place just forward of the Dive-in.

The burgers and hot dogs were great, as were the frys, available "naked" with "Dive-in sauce" or with cheese sauce. I forgot to snap a photo of the posted menu, but it was not as extensive as the old Terrace Grill menu, but the food was much better. And there were notes indicating that they recommend the burgers be well done, but will prepare them per request listing the attendant risks.

The Captain did state that this are of the Westerdam would be "reconfigured" during the dry-dock starting next weekend.

I will look forward to trying it in June. Any other hints about what they will do in dry dock?

Sure hope they have them on the "O" this May. I'm a burger freak and these sound yummy along with improved fries.:D

the fries:D__oh the fries,, the best, hot and cruchy,, and the hotdog, and the burgers,,just off the eurodam yesterday,, i'm still decompressing,, whats up with the buildings and land movinglike your still on the ship??:eek:-- very strange, indeed

I will look forward to trying it in June. Any other hints about what they will do in dry dock?

Captain Scott said at the mariner's brunch:

New seats for the Vista Lounge.

New furniture for the Crow's nest.

New Carpet and "Soft furnishing" for all areas on decks 5,6,7 & 8.

Re-do of, Crew Bar and Officers Bar, crew mess and crew galley below passenger decks.

New bridge equipment.

New tile in the Lido restaurant.

All in 10 days time!

There may have been more that I don't recall.

Re-do of, Crew Bar and Officers Bar, crew mess and crew galley below passenger decks.

New bridge equipment.

All in 10 days time!

It better be ready! I'm on the cruise after the dry dock and if I have to spend one more day in this snow and cold I'm going postal! But seriously, thx for the info:).

Thanks for this helpful info, and especially the update re: the NA addition. I plan to try one of each of these (and not all at once!).

Can anyone comment on what the 'dive sauce' is? I'm open to new and interesting burgers and hot dogs but DH is more traditional about his preferences and greatly fears sauces unknown. :p

Thanks for this helpful info, and especially the update re: the NA addition. I plan to try one of each of these (and not all at once!).

Can anyone comment on what the 'dive sauce' is? I'm open to new and interesting burgers and hot dogs but DH is more traditional about his preferences and greatly fears sauces unknown. :p

I think there was a thread about it not too long ago. I don't think anyone had the definitive answer for what was in there.

I think there was a thread about it not too long ago. I don't think anyone had the definitive answer for what was in there.

Looked and tasted like a ketchup/mayonnaise combination with a few added mild spices (maybe paprika?).

New bridge equipment.

All in 10 days time!

Don't forget that pesky sneeze guard in the NL :)

"Dive in Sauce"

I did not detect any ketchup. I am fairly certain it was mayo, relish, mustard and seasoning. i.e., every one else's "special sauce" subbing mustard for ketchup.

The sneeze guard was not mentioned. Since this was our first time in a suite, I am not sure what I missed. Where is the "sideboard" where this sneeze guard will go? Is it the low counter area between the "reception area" by the entry doors and the seating area? That was the only apparant space I saw, and it seemed a tad low to put food out on.

Edited by K&RCurt

New bridge equipment.

All in 10 days time!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet last week. Wtih 8 of us, we didn't make it to the M&G or the Mariner's lunch. It was a job just to keep us all together and organized. Thanks for posting the upgrade list. Hoping your cruise was as wonderful as ours. I agree, we loved the Dive In burgers.:D

Edited by seargo