Coco Cay Vs Labadee

Ocean_Waves

I prefer CocoCay, but I would prefer a cruise with Labadee (Caribbean over Bahamas).

Labadee is something like a fun island with many fun activities. If you just want to relax this is the wrong place. CocoCay is more natural and if you walk some distance you can find places with less people and amazing water.

But if the Labadee cruise has some other nice Caribbean stops, I would go with that.

Which one would you pick? A cruise that goes to CocoCay as a stop or one that goes to Labadee?

I prefer Labadee myself. It has a lot more things to do, and you can find sandy areas to walk in the water if you head to the end of the beach. Also Labadee has a lot more shade for those who want to lie on the beach but not be in the direct sun all day.

One other note. CocoCay gets missed quite a few times because of the tendering. (We personally have missed it half the time) If it's too windy or wavy, they won't tender and it will be a day-at-sea. Labadee has a dock so that doesn't happen.

Coco Cay for me hands down.

Labadee has prettier mountains and greenery but is an amusement park now.

Coco Cay is a real island with a real island feel and if you snorkel...no question it has the best sand/coral/fauna. Water is more crystal and prettier blue also. I don't mind tendering when you get those things and we have never missed because of weather (we must go at the right time). And I can walk around back and be all alone!

Edited by BecciBoo

Labadee. It is absolutely gorgeous. The lush mountains and beaches make it paradise. CocoCay is flat, arid, and you have to tender.

Tendering is a key point. Although as my signature says, I'm 3 for 3, but I know other people not as lucky. IMO snorkeling and scuba is far better at Coco Cay. I find the wave runner/jet skiing better in Coco Cay than it is in Labadee.

I haven't been back to Labadee since the pier was finished, but I am not looking forward being closed out on my favorite beach because I am not in a suite.

LOL the only time we missed Coco was when the Budweiser cruises took our slot and they changed our port to Nassau:mad:

Boy was I steamed having touted Coco Cay to our DD for months (her family's first cruise with us on Freedom) and then we had to miss it!

Edited by BecciBoo

I prefer CocoCay. It's more relaxing. You can nap in a hammock under a coconut tree with no vendors trying to sell you stuff. CocoCay has Hobies you can take out for a relaxing sail with your friends.

Labadee is more crowded. The water is murky from the mountain runoff. No Hobies available there.

• 2 weeks later...
Labadee. It is absolutely gorgeous. The lush mountains and beaches make it paradise. CocoCay is flat, arid, and you have to tender.

When we were at Labadee we had to tender. Did they build a pier there?