Anyone in a suite had trouble getting in Blu?

Jayneykul

We just got off the Silhouette a week ago. We were in a Sky Suite, and we had dinner in Blu most every night, well...except for 3 specialty restaurant nights. There was NEVER a line. The maître de, Fernando, always greeted us warmly and always asked us if we were okay with the $5 surcharge, and we assured him we were. By the way, he always kind of said it very quietly, and in retrospect I see he probably did that so as not to alert any Aqua passengers that we were the dreaded suite guests. ;)

To be honest, if there had been any kind of line, we would have been happy to go elsewhere, to the MDR or whatever. And this is because I was aware of the controversy before we ever got on board the ship. However...only on the very last night of the cruise was the restaurant really full, and even then, no one had to wait. So for us it was a win/win.

I understand that Reflection is a bit different because they now have Aqua SUITES. I suppose that when the new suite restaurant is created, they will do away with Aqua Suites. Or maybe I should phrase that as a question. Will they?

Edited by Bently57

So there have been recent reports that Blu on some ships (Reflection for one) has seemed over crowded, the staff stretched thin and wait times longer. And then here are all these suite guests pressuring ship staff to get them into BLU. As a dedicated Aqua cruiser this concerns me. I chose to book Aqua over suites solely for BLU and never even use the other spa benefits. I could understand if BLU was under utilized that Celebrity might offer it as an occasional perk to suite guests. But now it seems so many suite guests feel entitled to the perk and are upset if the staff can't accommodate them. And in a "keep the customer happy at all costs" industry Celebrity seems to be pushing the limits of BLU staff, space and the ability to continue offer the experience BLU was intended to provide to the Aqua customers. Seems like they started down a slippery slope and can't stop the slide.

On a recent cruise we were booked in an AQ. AQ and suite guests waited in the same dinner line. If we were behind a suite guest, they were sealed and we waited for an available table.

M

We just got off the Silhouette a week ago. We were in a Sky Suite, and we had dinner in Blu most every night, well...except for 3 specialty restaurant nights. There was NEVER a line. The maître de, Fernando, always greeted us warmly and always asked us if we were okay with the $5 surcharge, and we assured him we were. By the way, he always kind of said it very quietly, and in retrospect I see he probably did that so as not to alert any Aqua passengers that we were the dreaded suite guests. ;)

To be honest, if there had been any kind of line, we would have been happy to go elsewhere, to the MDR or whatever. And this is because I was aware of the controversy before we ever got on board the ship. However...only on the very last night of the cruise was the restaurant really full, and even then, no one had to wait. So for us it was a win/win.

I understand that Reflection is a bit different because they now have Aqua SUITES. I suppose that when the new suite restaurant is created, they will do away with Aqua Suites. Or maybe I should phrase that as a question. Will they?

What surcharge? They did away with that. We were charged nothing as a suite passenger to dine in blu.

On our New Years cruise on Equinox in a suite we ate in Blu 2 evenings with no line. The dining room was not crowded when we were seated, around 8:00 - 8:30, and had empty tables through out our meal. We did not feel we were inconveniencing any Aqua passengers.

Mary Lou

On a recent cruise we were booked in an AQ. AQ and suite guests waited in the same dinner line. If we were behind a suite guest, they were sealed and we waited for an available table.

M

What ship were you on?

We always book Aqua class, especially for BLU. We have NEVER been disappointed. the food excellent, you don't see it; just ask. Service far exceeds MDR period. Especially on longer cruises when the staff gets to know you better. Actually we have never seen it overcrowded to the point of long lines, which I saw many times in the MDR. in fact we never eat in the MDR. it is Blu or specialty restaurants for us! we cruised on the Constellation last year before the upgrade, before Blu and Aqua class were added, the service was sooo bad in the MDR, that we never ate there again.lokking forward to our upcoming TA on the Eclipse(Aqua class) and yes we will be dining in Blu ! :)

We were on the Constellation last February and had excellent service and the food was pretty good, also. The only thing that we were not thrilled about was our table location.

• 2 months later...
What surcharge? They did away with that. We were charged nothing as a suite passenger to dine in blu.

We enjoyed 42 nights on Solstice from Seattle to Sydney and like always we pre pay Gratuities on all ships.

Its important to us that we do as we use US AGENTS.

For 2 of the 3 voyages we chose a Sky Suite and gave up the Aqu Cabin absolutely we were .

I WONDER IF Equinox is having Aqua Suites and i also like someone saying on here,they went to reception and made sure your gratuities portion will go to Blu? Interesting?

We never were asked for $5 per day and we also gave our favorite Waiter and a few others further gratuities as a huge extra THANK YOU before Sydney.

Many mornings there were 7 wait staff around our Blu tables.Excellent,Excellent in a small area.

Sadly for us the Bathrooms are excellent,on all Celebrity Classes however the Cabin below Suites and NEW Lounge and space is limited on Solstice Class until you get Suites.

M

We experienced this last year on the Eclipse, too. There were several evenings where we had to wait upwards of 20 minutes (and this was showing up just after 8:00) for a table. I know for a fact there were suite guests ahead of us. It kind of tainted the AQ experience somewhat.

On the other hand we just got off the Century as Sky Suite guests, and the MDR experience was so good, both food and exceptional service, it has made me rethink AQ and Blu.

Has anyone that has stayed in a SS had trouble eating breakfast in Blu? Love breakfast in Blu but we are not AQ this time we are SS.

Thanks everyone!

Blu is open for breakfast for both AQ and Suites, so you will have zilch, zero, nada trouble eating breakfast in Blu. ;)