Are the bathrobes on the Grand still AWFUL ?

Shippy

I absolutely have to have a bathrobe as I like very early coffe on the balcony in one.

Although I am a size 14...which I realize is not small....I have never had a problem on any other Cruiseline before.

last year we were on the Grand in a mini suite. The robe was incredibly small even though it said large. I would have needed at least 6 more inches to close it. I complained to my poor cabin steward who said that was as large as they come !

I took the robe down to the guest relations desk. Of course the lady there was about a size 2. She also said that was as big as they come.

Princess would be better off discontinuing to offer robes rather than insult people like that.

Anyway, when I got back to my room, there was a great robe there. My cabin steward said he had signed it out of the spa. Amazing how they do have nice ones on the ship.

At dinner the next night , I mentioned the incident. A lady at the table said she had the same problem but was to embarrassed to say anything to anyone.

We are again in a mini suite on the Grand in a few weeks. I hate to try and find space to pack my own robe if I do not have to.

Any recents experiences ?

Thanks

I absolutely have to have a bathrobe as I like very early coffe on the balcony in one.

Although I am a size 14...which I realize is not small....I have never had a problem on any other Cruiseline before.

last year we were on the Grand in a mini suite. The robe was incredibly small even though it said large. I would have needed at least 6 more inches to close it. I complained to my poor cabin steward who said that was as large as they come !

I took the robe down to the guest relations desk. Of course the lady there was about a size 2. She also said that was as big as they come.

Princess would be better off discontinuing to offer robes rather than insult people like that.

Anyway, when I got back to my room, there was a great robe there. My cabin steward said he had signed it out of the spa. Amazing how they do have nice ones on the ship.

At dinner the next night , I mentioned the incident. A lady at the table said she had the same problem but was to embarrassed to say anything to anyone.

We are again in a mini suite on the Grand in a few weeks. I hate to try and find space to pack my own robe if I do not have to.

Any recents experiences ?

Thanks

On embarkation, ask your room steward for a suite/spa gown, and offer $10.00 - no problem :D;)

Anything that I "absolutely have to have" on my cruise is never left to chance. As this seems to matter greatly to you, why not buy yourself something lightweight and pack it? I have one made out of a satin type material that provides great coverage and barely weighs an ounce.

yes, the one size fits no one my size robes. head straight to the spa and ask for one? good to know they have larger ones there. i agree with high c's: find one that fits in your suitcase and bring your own. the one i love the most is far too bulky. I'm not willing to give up suitcase room for it so i just may head to the spa and ask for one.

I say "deal". I am always amazed at what people get upset about. The robes are good to sit on in the chair in your room or your balcony. Just saying:)

If it covers you yes, but if you can't close it there is where the problem is:eek:.

I am small and a size 10, last few cruises any robe they have given me was too small and could not be closed. They had been washed and dried so many times that they should be sent to "all shrunk out heaven":D

I totally agree about the robes. My husband and I were both given robes that were ridiculously small. He is 6’ and I am 5’1. Plus they were stiff as boards. When you don’t pack one it does become a problem; we have never had this problem on any cruise ship before. I wonder why it is just the Grand.

The robes on the Diamond were very small too. I am petite and not overweight and it barely closed. I really didn't use it so it was not a problem. Will be on the grand in two weeks and am hoping for better.

Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Originally Posted by southpawsdakota View Post

If it covers you yes, but if you can't close it there is where the problem is.

I am small and a size 10, last few cruises any robe they have given me was too small and could not be closed. They had been washed and dried so many times that they should be sent to "all shrunk out heaven"

I'm 5' 3" and a size 6.

The robes on the Royal recently were also WAY too small and all crunched up - they looked like they were 10 years old! :(

I put the robe on to answer the door for room service and this one didn't close enough to work for that even.

I think Princess needs to find a new supplier for their robes.

Edited by chamima

I think the problem is as a poster above mentioned. They've been washed in hot water and dried so many times, they've shrunk. They probably started out as "large' as the tag states...but that was before the 'shrinking'.

That being said, we really DON'T want a robe that HASN'T been washed in hot water...so it's kind of a catch 22 situation....

If they provide brand new robes to each passenger, (no washing/ no shrinking) cruise rates go up to pay for it.... don't know that there's a solution...

Edited by rgmacm

There are so many complaints about these tiny robes. They need to figure something out. They need to get robes that don't shrink as much, or not offer them. I had the same problem on the Coral. Our room attendant got me a robe from the spa. That was so nice of him. :) I wore it many times peeking out on our balcony in the cold and rain early in the morning.

I always order coffee to the room at 7am & like to just answer the door in a robe.

Althouh I can see by all the answers, I will be brining my own.

I just feel that it is a perk I am used to. We cruise all the different lines and this is our 50th cruise. We always get a mini (junior) suite or above and have tier status.

We have no problem with this on any other ship. I do not feel I should have to pay $10. As a previous poster said.

This is obviously just another way that Princess is cutting back .....a real shame....as I said before...stop advertising this as a perk.

I always order coffee to the room at 7am & like to just answer the door in a robe.

Althouh I can see by all the answers, I will be brining my own.

I just feel that it is a perk I am used to. We cruise all the different lines and this is our 50th cruise. We always get a mini (junior) suite or above and have tier status.

We have no problem with this on any other ship. I do not feel I should have to pay $10. As a previous poster said.

This is obviously just another way that Princess is cutting back .....a real shame....as I said before...stop advertising this as a perk.

We just returned from a B2B cruise on the Grand - and from now on I will also be bringing my own robe. I am rather small and couldn't close the robe and the neck area looked soiled. A replacement was given that 'fit' but didn't look very clean. We are almost "Elites" now and am a bit disappointed in the robes, the dispensed items in the shower and the current comments on amenities being changed. On a positive note, we always enjoy the cruising part!

We just returned from a B2B cruise on the Grand - and from now on I will also be bringing my own robe. I am rather small and couldn't close the robe and the neck area looked soiled. A replacement was given that 'fit' but didn't look very clean. We are almost "Elites" now and am a bit disappointed in the robes' date=' the dispensed items in the shower and the current comments on amenities being changed. On a positive note, we always enjoy the cruising part![/quote']

I agree, If I think I will need one, I will bring my own. I'm sorry, but I just don't trust that they have been washed. Last time I had one on, many, many, years ago, it smelled of perfume, and I itched until I finally had to go bathe. I don't recall which cruise line we were on. It's not just Princess, I have seen them hanging in our cabins, even on HAL :eek: and they look yellow or grey, or look like they are dirty around the neck line. No Thanks, I'll pass.

Edited by sandthrush

I think the problem is as a poster above mentioned. They've been washed in hot water and dried so many times, they've shrunk. They probably started out as "large' as the tag states...but that was before the 'shrinking'.

That being said, we really DON'T want a robe that HASN'T been washed in hot water...so it's kind of a catch 22 situation....

.... don't know that there's a solution...

Maybe they should start out with extra large, then they will at least fit those who wear small.

We had the same problem with robes on CB in December. They were just right for a Barbie Doll. Why they hadn't replaced them, preferably with ones that wouldn't shrink so badly, is beyond me. It sure didn't spoil my trip though!

(Note to self: Bring my own robe next time.)

We had the same problem with robes on CB in December. They were just right for a Barbie Doll. Why they hadn't replaced them, preferably with ones that wouldn't shrink so badly, is beyond me. It sure didn't spoil my trip though!

(Note to self: Bring my own robe next time.)

My robe on the Pacific Princess had a very embarrassing gap in front, no way would I open the door for room service breakfast with it on. I demonstrated it to our steward and she brought both of us a very nice suite robe. Needless to say she got a very nice tip. This was the first time we had such a problem in 18 Princess cruises.

We've had the same problem with small robes on Princess including the Royal which was only a few months old when we sailed on her. I'm petite and the robe wouldn't close on me, and of course, didn't come close on my husband who is six feet tall. My robe on the Star did fit and was in better shape than my robe on the Royal, but again didn't fit my husband. On a Carnival cruise in January, I had a roomy plush robe that was much nicer than any I have had on Princess. If Carnival can offer nice robes at their price point, Princess should certainly be able to do so.

We had 3 couples new to Princess join us on the Caribbean Princess in November. I told them not to worry about robes, just ask the steward for one. I was embarrased when I got mine.....would probably fit a 9 year old.

We had lovely robes on our one-time Holland America cruise. I'm sure Princess could fix the problem if they want to. I'll just take a lightweight robe from now on, but I sure won't recommend friends get one onboard.

I wear size 10, weigh 130 and have been on 40 Princess cruises. The robes have ALWAYS been way too big on me.

This is me too--I quit asking for robes because they were so big I could hardly lift my arms--these new extra small robes sound just as bad the other way.

I just bring a robe or use my swim suit cover-up instead. I found a very light weigth robe that works for me.