Promenade cookies...what am I missing?

I've heard all about these wonderful cookies and have very much looked forward to them. But we got some last night and I wasn't impressed. I had one peanut butter and one sugar free chocolate chip. I thought the sugar free would be questionable but expected more from the other. Is there a different kind that everyone raves about? I'd love a good cookie! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I've found the cookies to be hit or miss. I like the peanut butter and choc chip but they can be pretty pedestrian or pretty great. You pays your money and takes your chances!!

I've heard all about these wonderful cookies and have very much looked forward to them. But we got some last night and I wasn't impressed. I had one peanut butter and one sugar free chocolate chip. I thought the sugar free would be questionable but expected more from the other. Is there a different kind that everyone raves about? I'd love a good cookie! :)

I was actually thinking the same thing last year when I was on Oasis. I thought they were just ok and a little cold!

Yep they're average. At least on all our cruises.

Agree with this comment. I think that people tend to enjoy them more because of where they are eating them....much like the infamous Honey Stung Chicken.

They aren't as good as they used to be. The coconut ones used to be really good but now they seem to be very dry and have very little coconut in them. The oatmeal raisin were pretty good on our last cruise and also the chocolate ones that have white chocolate chips in them.

It is funny how people get all excited over food service cookies. The batter isn't even made on the ships.

I don't know what has happened, but the cookies used to be really delicious and moist, and the sugar free wasn't bad either. Last time we tried them they were hard as a rock.

Our finding too. I love a nice nice soft moist cookies. 2 weeks ago, they were mostly hockey pucks. And I know my hockey pucks. (Sorry USA).

I did find the Oatmeal Raisin to be softish. Had those a few times.

Hit or miss. On some ships the cookies are over-cooked and dry. On some ships they are perfect. Cookies on our Feb. b2b on NOS were the latter, soft and tasty. A few times they were even still warm from the oven! The coconut is my favorite, but the oatmeal raisin and the toffee are very close! Cookies on Indy in Jan. could have been used as frisbees they were so hard! I always try a few in the Promenade Cafe and if they are hard and dry, I just chuck them.

You have to try the sugar free peanut butter cookies,love them.:)

Cookies, just like any food, is very subjective.

I don't like the sugar free chocolate chip cookies as much as the regular one. Chocolate, chocolate chip are even better! I like a firm chocolate chip cookie, not the soft chewy kind. The peanut butter cookies are good as well. To each his/her own.

I don't like coconut, so the coconut cookies would never find a way to my lips. My feeling about oatmeal raisin -- is that when I want oatmeal and raisins, it will be in my breakfast cereal, not a cookie -- but again that is me.

For those who tried to cookies and were disappointed -- I am sure you found other items to eat and enjoy.

The chocolate chip cookies have always been great to me.

Whenever I am on the Explorer before bed i walk around the top 2 decks then make my way down to the Promenade and get some Oatmeal Raisin and some Toffee cookies then head to the Pub and get my last Foo Foo drink for the night. I do this every night while on the ship.

On the Jewel i missed the Promenade but i did walk on the top tow decks then went to deck 4(i think) to the coffee spot for a few cookies.

I think they tasted better on the Explorer.

Michele

I love the oatmeal raisins, but they are so scarce. On one of our cruises, I complained to our asst. server that I can't get these cookies both in the windjammer or the promenade café. All I know is that the next day she was working in the windjammer and when she saw me she went in the kitchen and gave me a couple of dozen to hold me over.

The Ranger Cookies in the Windjammer are to die for. We never tried them until our last cruise on the Navigator (March 2-9th). My sister noticed that the minute the tray of these cookies were put out there was practically a stampeded to get them. Within minutes all but two were gone so she grabbed the last two.

And yes, they are worth the pushing and shoving :eek:we saw to get to them.

BTW - if you don't like coconuts, don't try them.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Agree with this comment. I think that people tend to enjoy them more because of where they are eating them....much like the infamous Honey Stung Chicken.

I think you have it right that it is location rather than quality. I don't really care for Kona coffee but give me a cup on the beach in Maui and it is heaven's nectar. :D

Sometimes they taste fresh and delicious and other times they taste crunchy and a bit cold like they've been sitting in a fridge or freezer too long, it's very hit and miss

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sometimes they taste fresh and delicious and other times they taste crunchy and a bit cold like they've been sitting in a fridge or freezer too long, it's very hit and miss

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When it comes to chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies, I have never met one that I did not like....some I prefer over others -- for instance, I prefer them a little crunchy rather than soft. Cold is fine, room temperature is fine, warm is fine.....in general they are fine, any way I can get them.

I prefer that they are not 'sugar free', but understand that there are still good ones that are sugar free.

Even better would be with a scoop of chocolate ice cream and very often in the MDR I will order a few cookies with chocolate ice cream. I am not much of a gooey dessert eater, or pies etc that are elaborate....I like to keep it simple -- cookies and coffee.

The toffee cookies are awesome! They remind me of the butter crunch cookies that we were sold in packages of 2 in Baltimore County school cafeterias in the 80s. They are little crispy on the outside but just enough soft/chewy.

Edited by royalcruz

Hope this isn't off topic, but I LOVE the granola bars at Cafe Promenade on Explorer. Y U M! I wanted to take several for the ride home last October, but they didn't offer them the last day of our trip.... I'll have plan better next time ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk