Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

They are working on the starboard tender platform on the NDR stream, which appears to be under the Private Room at Taste (the double row of picture windows). Is this a different location from BA and GA, just curious?

Yes, the shell door and tender platform configurations are slightly different from Breakaway and Getaway.

Also, is anyone else amused that the ship's mast and satellite domes took a ride on the helipad? :p

Edited by barnacle_boy

Also, is anyone else amused that the ship's mast and satellite domes took a ride on the helipad? :p

Yeaah, piggyback style, smart move. :D

I also noticed a, I think, an added mooring point welded in for the tender platform after the hull art was applied. Nothing big, just catched my eye, perhaps an corrected build mistake. Will try to look it up!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

I cant believe how fast they build these ships now. It was not that long ago where the names were picked. Now she is almost ready to go.

Steel cutting began on 20th March 2014, Meyer really has perfected the total building process, amazing.

Now let's hope this Golden Age of cruise ship building isn't ending in a mothballed fleet someday (due to overcapacity etc)! :D

Steel cutting began on 20th March 2014, Meyer really has perfected the total building process, amazing.

Now let's hope this Golden Age of cruise ship building isn't ending in a mothballed fleet someday (due to overcapacity etc)! :D

....and the bookings opened up the first week of April 2014!! [emoji6] We booked on April 4th - joining a friend who'd already booked.

Edited by happy cruzin

....and the bookings opened up the first week of April 2014!! [emoji6] We booked on April 4th - joining a friend who'd already booked.

First day for Latitude members to book was March 26, 2014 - we booked that day and the rates for our suite went up $500pp when it opened to the public on March 27, 2014. What a deal! :cool:

Is it just me or does it appear that the angled balcony cabins on Escape are even bigger than on GA/BA? It looks like the bump out is deeper, making the angle even bigger. It also looks like part of the glass is straight before the angled part begins, whereas on GA/BA it's just a straight angle.

angled_zpsqe8dff47.jpg

Photo courtesy of Andreas Depping. Check out his other great Escape photos here: http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=334

It also looks like part of the glass is straight before the angled part begins, whereas on GA/BA it's just a straight angle.

It's the angle the photo was taken at. The straight part is for the adjacent balcony. The dividers haven't been closed yet either, which makes it hard to tell where one balcony stops and the other begins.

Is it just me or does it appear that the angled balcony cabins on Escape are even bigger than on GA/BA? It looks like the bump out is deeper, making the angle even bigger. It also looks like part of the glass is straight before the angled part begins, whereas on GA/BA it's just a straight angle.

angled_zpsqe8dff47.jpg

Photo courtesy of Andreas Depping. Check out his other great Escape photos here: http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=334

We nabbed BB 13252 for our TA :D:D:D

It's the angle the photo was taken at. The straight part is for the adjacent balcony. The dividers haven't been closed yet either, which makes it hard to tell where one balcony stops and the other begins.

I disagree on all standard balcs. It's a single pane divider. They are closed. I've (at least the ones in the pic in question) there are several other photos that confirm it.

And as the angle balcs go. They are no different than BA/GA. Again there are several pics to back that up as well.

But, the particular angle in that photo, really throws you off.

It's a single pane divider. They are closed.

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there. In the bottom row of cabins in that picture, I see a curved section of divider that appears to be folded back. Also, the vertical support for the divider is located only half way out on the horizontal piece above. I think barnacle_boy is correct on this.

Edited by tarps14