Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I just found this looking for Ems conveyance videos on youtube. It is highlighting NCL's Margaritaville at sea.

I apologize if it has been posted before, but with new pictures coming every day, it really adds to the excitement to experience the video. Enjoy!

Do you really think this is an official or NCL video? Not to be the grammar police, but I don't think that NCL would spell Jimmy's last name wrong as well as spell "Margaritaville" wrong...twice...

Maybe they had one too many "Mararitas"! :p

Do you really think this is an official or NCL video? Not to be the grammar police, but I don't think that NCL would spell Jimmy's last name wrong as well as spell "Margaritaville" wrong...twice...

This is a repost of an NCL video. This was running on the Star when we sailed her in March.

The upper section of the funnel hasn't been fitted yet. Due to the additional level of the ropes course, the funnel on Escape will actually be slightly taller than the one on Breakaway.

Thanks- she didn't look quite right. There's still the Barney Rubble issue - hopefully it's better looking in real life!

Well, I think the video's official but obviously not the youtube channel :)! Besides, I don't think OP said as much. Great video - if I've seen it, it was many months ago.

Thanks for your positve comment.

I'll try to give a short answer to your question: none of my photos in the gallery is "out-of-camera". If the camera is adjusted correctly to take the photo you have a good "base" for processing. By the way the best base are ".raw"-files. At the pc I use different software to process the raw-data according to my wishes. There are basic process steps such as light, contrast, lens correction, cropping etc. and finally some digital filters lead to a result that I want. It is very possible that at the end there are different results from one base. And sometimes no result satisfies me and I start again.

The camera is only one (of course decisive) tool but the final photo is the result fo many factors.

For "quick results" you can buy ready made filter collections for digital photos. They show in advance the result that you can expect. For smatphones different apps are quite nicely.

I hope this answer gives you some ideas.

Thank, you so much for take a few minutes to reply. It seems that your computer is s an extension of your lens. Makes perfect sense. It's time to take a class on digital photography.

Anyway, I have enjoyed your artwork.

Thanks- she didn't look quite right. There's still the Barney Rubble issue - hopefully it's better looking in real life!

I wonder if mildew is going to be a concern on the inside of the rock surfaces? Before going on the Breakaway, I thought I might like to sit on the edge of that water feature. Reality proved different when I saw diapered children in it. [emoji33]

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

I've been trying to work out the size of the large balcony rooms on deck 9.

When they first pulled the ship out I noticed that deck 9 in that area didn't seem to extend out as far compared to the decks above.

Discussion then moved on to the possibility that the standard balconies are bigger than in the Breakaway, so though that perhaps that is the reason.

However, looking at the pictures above, the balconies on the mini suites on deck 8 seem to be a lot bigger than the large balcony.

My guess is that whilst the standard balconies are a bit bigger on this ship, the large balconies may be a bit smaller.

This would have an impact on the mini suites with large balcony, as they seem to be even more overlooked than on the Breakaway.

I booked a large balcony on the TA as I didn't want the small balcony. I'll be interested to see the relative sizes.

Vibe, which NCL hardly announced a thing about, seems to have a water feature too. Neat!

I can't remember where, but I read a description of it as a walk-through shower. That seems like a fairly accurate description based on that picture.

Is that Vibe area any larger than the other Away ships? Hopefully it is and will allow for a little more capacity. I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed in hopes we can get passes in January!

I've been trying to work out the size of the large balcony rooms on deck 9.

When they first pulled the ship out I noticed that deck 9 in that area didn't seem to extend out as far compared to the decks above.

Discussion then moved on to the possibility that the standard balconies are bigger than in the Breakaway, so though that perhaps that is the reason.

However, looking at the pictures above, the balconies on the mini suites on deck 8 seem to be a lot bigger than the large balcony.

My guess is that whilst the standard balconies are a bit bigger on this ship, the large balconies may be a bit smaller.

This would have an impact on the mini suites with large balcony, as they seem to be even more overlooked than on the Breakaway.

I booked a large balcony on the TA as I didn't want the small balcony. I'll be interested to see the relative sizes.

Also in one for the TA and I am starting to think you could be correct.

The bump looks very small in this shot:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=336&pid=11181#top_display_media

Yes, that picture shows it well.

Having said that, I think the bump is probably a couple of foot. If we assume the standard balconies are a foot or so longer then that makes it a yard or so longer in total.

My main requirement is that I can sit on the balcony looking directly out, rather than at an angle as the standard ones require. I think that will be ok.

My main issue is likely to be jealousy as I sit there and can see the huge balcony below me. As I'm by myself I don't think I will actually need any more space.

Also in one for the TA and I am starting to think you could be correct.

The bump looks very small in this shot:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=336&pid=11181#top_display_media

We've reserved the Forward Haven Suite 14106 which is just below the Bridge wing. Concerned about the porthole looking area where our cabin should be. Is that the balcony ? Or is the balcony behind that and that is an extra window not showing on the generic floor plans of the Forward Facing Penthouse Suites ? Wondering also that it appears the rear of the bridgewing looks down onto the balcony. Just wondering what the actual floorplan looks like. Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

We've reserved the Forward Haven Suite 14106 which is just below the Bridge wing. Concerned about the porthole looking area where our cabin should be. Is that the balcony ? Or is the balcony behind that and that is an extra window not showing on the generic floor plans of the Forward Facing Penthouse Suites ? Wondering also that it appears the rear of the bridgewing looks down onto the balcony. Just wondering what the actual floorplan looks like. Gerry.

Unfortunately, that "porthole looking area" is your balcony. This is what these H7 enclosed balconies look like on Breakaway and Getaway. On Escape they've also added a support strut to strengthen the bridge wing, which will further partially obstruct your view.

IMG_0911_zpsbqphpwxp.jpg

IMG_0895_zpsssrlzyyx.jpg