Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

The ship looks amazing. Thanks to everyone posting pictures. I cant wait to see more. Although its very similar to Breakaway/Getaway which is not too exciting but exciting enough. YES, I know its the Breakaway Plus line which of course is very similar to Breakaway :)

I love looking at new ships!

I am not sailing for awhile but cant wait for the reviews to come pouring in!

Hi David, great to see you here. I kind of had the same thoughts about her when NCL announced her but with all the new stuff like added jacuzzis on the top deck, improved Spice H2O, an Haven area that's more back to Epic successful Haven area, new stateroom types like the Deluxe Spa Suite (albeit just one haha), the greenhouse restaurants/bars at the Waterfront from where the view to the sea seems to be great (we all like our window tables in the MDR) if the Waterfront is too chilly. Large screens at the main pool, new eateries, etc, etc I really feel NCL has listened and this Plus class is a great step forward for NCL.

hmmm, the video isn't even really moving...anyone else having this issue? Maybe it's my browser (Firefox)?

Works in Chrome. The Meyer Werft cam is a refreshing still image.

The slow pace of the ship may make it look like it's not working?

Watching... Exciting in concept if not in execution. Although I can imagine it's pretty intense for those responsible for that execution.

Heh, that first lock is one of the most tightest squeezes with just a few feet to spare.

Here's a pic from a past Celebrity ship;

tumblr_maib28uo7y1r2868z.jpg

Edited by FreestyleNovice
typo

This is AWESOME!!!! :p I have goose bumps!!:D

Thanks for the link......once again you all who are keeping us in the loop......ROCK!!!

clb

Thanks! Here's another stream;

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Live-Norwegian-Escape-geht-auf-die-Reise,escape218.html

Talk about a tight fit. Jesus, I'm sure at least a couple people were "puckered" through that.

This and the width of basin in the large building hall also restrict the build measures of future ships, beside maximum possible draught on the Ems, high voltage pylons crossing the Ems and bridges. Meyer Werft took over Turku in Finland (where Oasis and Allure where build) as soon as they had the opportunity. :D

Crazy question.

Will they keep moving her down the Ems all night? I have never seen anything like this before. Just unreal. Does anyone know who is onboard her?:)

Yes, she'll keep moving until they're through. At this point, Escape is in the hands of Meyer Werft employees and River Ems pilots. Many NCL officers (and some crew) are already onboard, but they're only observers up until the official handover next month.

Crazy question.

Will they keep moving her down the Ems all night? I have never seen anything like this before. Just unreal. Does anyone know who is onboard her?:)

Yup, it has to be completed in one move. Once the tide is up and upped a bit by closing the dam it has to be done.

The river Ems and especially the upriver part normally does not have enough depth for a ship like Escape.

Onboard are; pilots (who trained this one in a simulator, a first), Meyer Werft officials or at least the project leader, the NCL captain I guess, Meyer Werft captain (still in control, to the second of the official handover), regular yard workers and also some staff who already moved in. Maybe some press, no passengers. ;)

Edited by FreestyleNovice
who's that Barnacle guy? always a step ahead of me! :D :D

Yup, it has to be completed in one move. Once the tide is up and upped a bit by closing the dam it has to be done.

The river Ems and especially the upriver part normally does not have enough depth for a ship like Escape.

Onboard are; pilots (who trained this one in a simulator, a first), Meyer Werft officials or at least the project leader, the NCL captain I guess, Meyer Werft captain (still in control, to the second of the official handover), regular yard workers and also some staff who already moved in. Maybe some press, no passengers. ;)

That's so cool! She's a beauty...... Thanks everyone for the info and pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk