Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

That would be an odd place to put a glass floor, since there's nothing to see below it.

Great picture! Thanks for sharing.

It looks like only 2 hot tubs by the main pool, compared to 4 on BA/GA. Maybe because of the cantilevered ones a couple decks above?

I think they are nearing the 4 in capacity as they are more rectangular and almost twice as big as the round ones on BA/GA?

A ship doesn’t turn like a car. The ship’s pods create thrust that swings the stern around in order to change the ship’s direction. The following is a very basic layman’s explanation, and there are other issues of bare steerage that I won’t delve into.

The left diagram is the conveyance with the ship moving ahead. Turning the helm orients the pods so that the pod thrust moves the ship’s stern. The stern is swung around in the opposite direction of the turn, which changes the direction the ship is facing. In this case, the ship is turning to starboard by swinging the stern to port. In confined waters, it’s difficult to maneuver in this manner because swinging the stern can easily cause the ship to run aground. Running aground = :(

The right diagram is the conveyance with the ship now moving astern. Turning the helm still orients the pods so that the pod thrust moves the ship’s stern. However, now that the stern is moving forward, the pods are pulling the stern in the actual direction that the ship is turning. Less movement to control the ship = :)

conveyance_zps6exzrqcg.jpg

Of course, the ship will also take several tugs and make use of her bow thrusters during the conveyance, but these diagrams demonstrate how the pods turn the ship, and why its much better for the ship to move in confined waters moving astern.

A ship doesn’t turn like a car. The ship’s pods create thrust that swings the stern around in order to change the ship’s direction. The following is a very basic layman’s explanation, and there are other issues of bare steerage that I won’t delve into.

The left diagram is the conveyance with the ship moving ahead. Turning the helm orients the pods so that the pod thrust moves the ship’s stern. The stern is swung around in the opposite direction of the turn, which changes the direction the ship is facing. In this case, the ship is turning to starboard by swinging the stern to port. In confined waters, it’s difficult to maneuver in this manner because swinging the stern can easily cause the ship to run aground. Running aground = :(

The right diagram is the conveyance with the ship now moving astern. Turning the helm still orients the pods so that the pod thrust moves the ship’s stern. However, now that the stern is moving forward, the pods are pulling the stern in the actual direction that the ship is turning. Less movement to control the ship = :)

Of course, the ship will also take several tugs and make use of her bow thrusters during the conveyance, but these diagrams demonstrate how the pods turn the ship, and why its much better for the ship to move in confined waters moving astern.

Well done! Great explanation and illustration.

Thank you, do you know how long the conveyance will take????

Attached is a great info-graphic that Royal Caribbean produced for the conveyance of QUANTUM OF THE SEAS out of the same shipyard. The process for ESCAPE should be very similar.

21464661091_0e3c5b857e_b.jpg

Ernie's Quantum infographic is spot on. It should take roughly 10-15 hours.

Anyway, NCL's Job and Career's page posted a few photos taken onboard yesterday. Looking good and more/less on schedule :)

Also, Freestyle, perhaps it's already time to start an Everything Bliss thread! The block plan shows that Bliss will receive the same sponson back aft as Genting World. A sponson, or "ducktail," helps to keep the ship trimmed down at the bow to increase fuel efficiency.

For those who are unaware, Star Cruises is basically building several "ultra Breakaways," a highly refined version of the NCL originals. They are slightly bigger at 150,000GT, but will have considerably fewer cabins, a lower passenger capacity, and much more powerful propulsion system.

Genting%2BWorld.jpg

Very exciting times! Following this thread & the Editor's thread with great interest but then we will be sailing on her next month!

I think there was some speculation about whether there would be any inaugural events & I've read several articles now - the last one being in Cruise International magazine that state there will be events in Europe & Miami but it doesn't say what they will be!

Oh Barnacle - we don't have a cruise booked for 2017 as yet so a Bliss inaugural sounds good to me!

I wonder where she will be placed - a season in Europe first would make sense - we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Thanks Barnacle! :D

Exciting to see the Genting World! Might be worth a thread too!

Where did you see the Bliss block plan? ;)

Seeing lots of new pics, Rocky also collected some good ones:

http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/norwegian-escape/media/escape-meyerwerft/

Is this where the rock climbing would have been, back at the funnel, underneath the zip line across the rope course aka the aft loop of the running track?

12027575_839535222809217_1531354958669853938_n.jpg?oh=78af3f7d0f1e52290fb0754252022bea&oe=56A0D5A7

Thanks Barnacle! :D

Exciting to see the Genting World! Might be worth a thread too!

Where did you see the Bliss block plan? ;)

Is this where the rock climbing would have been, back at the funnel, underneath the zip line across the rope course aka the aft loop of the running track?

I saw the block plan in the news of the steel cutting of course :)

Yes, that's where the rock climbing wall is on Breakaway.

Talking about details..

T0921BLISS_TS_HR.jpg?n=5833&origwidth=1540&origheight=866&origmode=crop&Anchor=MiddleCenter&width=750&height=422&scale=both&mode=crop

"Septembre" :D

LMAO! I didn't even notice that.

We knew where Escape was going prior to the steel cutting. I wish they'd announce The Bliss home port.

(Sorry to derail, but someone is slacking making an Everything Bliss thread *cough FreestyleNovice cough*.) [emoji6]