Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

A bit offtopic but I remember (or at least I hope I wasn't dreaming..) having seen a cruise website with a reversed search not very long ago, where you could look up the availability of specific staterooms on a ship's sailings.

You would select the stateroom and it would come back with the open sailing dates and prices.

Was I dreaming or..?

I am not sure if I agree. On the Breakaway the only H6 cabins with the bed next to the balcony were on decks 11 and 14 (which is 4) the remainder had the bath overlooking the balcony.

Escape is different. Only decks 11 and 14 have the bath by the balcony.

Well then....that will be a change for us on 9. Kinda used to the bath next to the balcony - but hey variety is the spice of life!

I know it's been discussed. But, tell me again how you can tell from the windows???

But, tell me again how you can tell from the windows???

Those decks have no doors as the others have, also they are black tinted windows.

edit;

shows the deck 14 one a bit more clear vs the others, in a split second ;) Edited by FreestyleNovice
adding text

Those decks have no doors as the others have, also they are black tinted windows.

edit;

shows the deck 14 one a bit more clear vs the others, in a split second ;)

Thanks!

Just to make sure I understand.....the bed by the balcony layout has 2 sets of doors - one from the living room and one from the bedroom?? The bath by the balcony has the large window in the bath and one door from the living room??

Here is a link which is a spreadsheet created by Bear which provides a great description of cabins for the Breakaway and Getaway. Again, on both ships only 4 Cabins have the bed balcony combo. I am not sure why they would completely change for the Escape but anything is possible. I guess I will find out on the TA as we are booked in an H6 on deck 12.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

He is now in Alaska for a week but I hope to get together for lunch when he gets back. So unfortunately haven't heard anything yet.

Does anyone know if the iConcierge app for texting/phone service between guests will be offered on Escape? We used it last year on Getaway and it worked great to keep track of the teenagers!

Any info, appreciated, thanks much!

Thanks!

Just to make sure I understand.....the bed by the balcony layout has 2 sets of doors - one from the living room and one from the bedroom?? The bath by the balcony has the large window in the bath and one door from the living room??

Nope, I stand corrected, after zooming in it seems that it are two small floor to ceiling windows. Sorry. :)

Ok....now I'm really confused! [emoji20]

So we're back to the original thought that H6's on Deck 9 will be the same layout as on the Aways??

Deck 9 as per the floorplan we saw today. Deck 11 and 14 bathroom by the balcony, hence the tinted and different windows on the Youtube screengrab.

Edited by FreestyleNovice
hopefully.....

Unlimited Internet on the TA costs $249

And what about the technology ? Will it be an upgraded one, like on the RCCI Quantum of the Seas (faster internet connection), or a "normal" slow old fashion one ?

The price of $24.90 a day is the same as the transatlantic on the Epic in April. Not a bad price for extensive users (like me ;-) but so slow...

I hope NCL will be up to date on that...

Just found out thru this thread, that our aft facing H6 on deck 9 will not have the bathroom by the balcony, and because of this, won't have the larger jetted tub and larger shower That we thought we were going to have. I'm a little disappointed...but NCL never made any promises to me of the contrary. That's the risk you take when booking a new ship. It looks like there are sliding glass doors in the living room and a swinging door With a fixed window beside it in the bedroom. It will be a fun trip.

Just found out thru this thread, that our aft facing H6 on deck 9 will not have the bathroom by the balcony, and because of this, won't have the larger jetted tub and larger shower That we thought we were going to have.

I've stayed in H6's of both layouts on Breakaway and Getaway, and the tubs in the bed by the balcony configuration are a bit larger actually.

Just found out thru this thread, that our aft facing H6 on deck 9 will not have the bathroom by the balcony, and because of this, won't have the larger jetted tub and larger shower That we thought we were going to have. I'm a little disappointed...but NCL never made any promises to me of the contrary. That's the risk you take when booking a new ship. It looks like there are sliding glass doors in the living room and a swinging door With a fixed window beside it in the bedroom. It will be a fun trip.

.....of course that is assuming that all of the speculation here is correct! ;)

Although it is possible I don't think we have any confirmation and rwslv has a valid point that it would be the complete opposite of the cabin distribution and layout from the Aways which seems a little crazy.

The way I see it the large windows could just as easily be the bed by the balcony layout. There would then be 4 of them (Decks 11 and 14) and the other would be the bath by the balcony layout - which would be in line with the cabin layouts on the Aways.

Either way will ultimately be fine....but, I think I will just wait for the early photos! ;)

You're right "happy"..either way it will be fine. We've never had a bad cruise yet, and I'm sure a ship as beautiful as ESCAPE won't be any different. It's fun speculating.

I remember when we had a two bedroom suite on the NORWEGIAN STAR, it had the bathtub and shower side by side. Each had a window. When you looked at the room from off the ship, there was a large black glass panel covering both windows giving the illusion of one. Maybe they are repeating the same design element on ESCAPE.

You're right "happy"..either way it will be fine. We've never had a bad cruise yet, and I'm sure a ship as beautiful as ESCAPE won't be any different. It's fun speculating.

I remember when we had a two bedroom suite on the NORWEGIAN STAR, it had the bathtub and shower side by side. Each had a window. When you looked at the room from off the ship, there was a large black glass panel covering both windows giving the illusion of one. Maybe they are repeating the same design element on ESCAPE.

Same for us!! ;) :D

Yay! Can't wait.... only 47 more days until sailing! Finally get to see what the suite will look like. The only thing I'm not thrilled with, is it doesn't look like there's a natural place for my laptop... my vacation is better when I don't have to fear 800 emails on my return... if I can just file those that require no other action.... but do I have to do that sitting on the couch & leaning over to the coffee table?

Stephen,

If you look at the artist rendering, it does show a desk and chair. But on the actual floor plan, it's hard to see.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/detail#ESCAPE_The_Haven_Aft_Facing_Penthouse_with_Master_Bedroom_and_Balcony_H6_R-staterooms-gallery

I love the floor plan of my H7 but am disappointed to see such a tiny balcony.

Tracy