Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I agree with you about the 2 bedroom Haven. For me, the highlight is the bathroom. Yes, the balcony size suffers, but it's a small price to pay for the best bathroom at sea! (that I have experienced, anyway:-)

I believe they should be longer as they run the width of the room whereas the 2 BR balconies are shorter as they are losing out on the portion that houses the bathroom. The living room portion of the 2 BR units would not be as wide as the PH (in my uneducated opinion!).

We had both types of rooms on the Epic and the Penthouse had a bigger balcony but the 2 BR units were much nicer for us. I loved being able to get up in the morning while my husband slept, make my tea and hang on the balcony. We will have a penthouse on the Escape. We will have friends in the adjoining penthouse, their first cruise. Hopefully the LOVE it!!!

Hi all,

I'm considering a Spa Balcony stateroom on deck 15, but I'm concerned about overhead noise (light and late sleeper) because the deck above has the fitness center, pool, sun deck and Garden Cafe. I fear alot of chair moving noise and footsteps in the mornings.

Any perspective from others who have sailed the same class ship?

Thanks!

Lynne

First timer on ncl here, question: is howl at the moon every night or only on certain nights?

It shares the Headliners venue with the comedy acts. On our Getaway and Epic cruises it was 3 and 4 nights of the 7.

Edited by LrgPizza

Hi all,

I'm considering a Spa Balcony stateroom on deck 15, but I'm concerned about overhead noise (light and late sleeper) because the deck above has the fitness center, pool, sun deck and Garden Cafe. I fear alot of chair moving noise and footsteps in the mornings.

Thanks!

Lynne

I'm not sure that the BA-class ships are arranged exactly the same, but based on the deck plans thus far, you'll only be under the fitness center area. The Lido deck and garden cafe are further aft. That said, it's hard to say yet as no one has slept a night aboard it. I'm going to venture a guess and say no, as I've had rooms below various high-traffic locations before without much issue. I'm a heavy sleeper (and a quick one at that), though, so that of course could be a factor.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Lynne

Hi,

I haven't sailed NCL in years but, I can tell you that when I was booking our midship mini suite on the Escape, I was looking at Decks 14 and 15. I was advised to go with Deck 14--between 2 decks of cabins--in order to reduce the risk of noise.

Of course, as stated previously, no one can say for sure until the ship sails but, I prefer not to take a chance.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Lynne

I've sailed in a Spa Mini on Getaway and the noise from above was horrible (deck chairs being drug around at early hours) and significantly impacted our quality of sleep. If possible, I'd try to get a cabin with cabins above vs public spaces, as others have advised.

I've sailed in a Spa Mini on Getaway and the noise from above was horrible (deck chairs being drug around at early hours) and significantly impacted our quality of sleep. If possible, I'd try to get a cabin with cabins above vs public spaces, as others have advised.

Am i the only one on a cruise who chooses to sleep as little as possible? On my last Cruise I was talking to a gentleman who said he likes to sleep in, he said what about you? I said Oh I sleep two to three hours a night on a cruise I can sleep at home for free lol.

Am i the only one on a cruise who chooses to sleep as little as possible? On my last Cruise I was talking to a gentleman who said he likes to sleep in, he said what about you? I said Oh I sleep two to three hours a night on a cruise I can sleep at home for free lol.

I go to bed around 1 or 2, then get up around 6 or 7. Then I plant myself in a chair by a pool and nap off and on until noon.

...when I was young and single, I felt the same way! Now...after spending the past 16 years raising loud, rambunctious boys, the thought of being able to sleep in and relax with a nice sea breeze sounds heavenly! :cool:

Thinking about switching cabins from our deck 11 mini-suite with balcony so we can have a port side balcony, but there is only one cabin available on deck 10 on port side. I could, however, take a risk and move to a guarantee on deck 12 for a minimal amount. Anyone have any wisdom or helpful insight on whether or not this is a good idea or if they've had good luck or bad luck with doing this after the final payment due date?

Edited by texangal39

Thinking about switching cabins from our deck 11 mini-suite with balcony so we can have a port side balcony, but there is only one cabin available on deck 10 on port side. I could, however, take a risk and move to a guarantee on deck 12 for a minimal amount. Anyone have any wisdom or helpful insight on whether or not this is a good idea or if they've had good luck or bad luck with doing this after the final payment due date?

Just curious as to why you want to move from where you are to port side? I'm in a port side balcony room which I chose because on the getaway, you could see the fireworks from the port side. But I've heard that fireworks are probably not happening on Escape.

Just curious as to why you want to move from where you are to port side? I'm in a port side balcony room which I chose because on the getaway, you could see the fireworks from the port side. But I've heard that fireworks are probably not happening on Escape.

I was thinking of moving because my DH & DD like to watch port arrival & departure from our balcony, get an up close look at the neighboring ship while in port and of course watch the pier runners.

I was thinking of moving because my DH & DD like to watch port arrival & departure from our balcony, get an up close look at the neighboring ship while in port and of course watch the pier runners.

Gotcha ... Sorry for the curosity, I just thought maybe I was missing some information. I've been on both sides of the ship for previous cruises and have never been able to predict which side will be dockside in ports. Sometimes they fool me and back in.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Lynne

We had a room in that location on the Breakaway & have one booked on the Escape. The spa balconies forward of the forward stairs are under cabins or the fitness rooms & very quiet. Toward the aft, there would be deck chair noise, so I wouldn't book those cabins if noise is a concern.

Unfortunately no more fireworks on any NCL ship now. I caught them in June on the Getaway, but they were stopped by the cruise line shortly after. Have to hop on a Disney ship now to see them

Found drone footage of the float out, showing the depth of the aft balconies and some bed configurations on deck 9 and 10. Great perspective video.

260ahqb.png

There's also a good view on Spice H2O in that video.

Awesome. This is the best view I've had of my aft PH balcony!

:)