Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I haven't been able to find any internet package available for our 11/21 Thanksgiving Cruise as of yet...anyone else?

Standard NCL price for unlimited access is $25 per day for cruises less than certain length. I can't remember what that length is, but it's more than 10 days I think.

Other than that, I assume the packages will cost the same as on other ships, unless they go for per my pricing, as per the Breakaway.

Last time we paid for online, but honestly posting online can't wait. It just distracts me from truly relaxing and being in the moment. To each his/her own but I'll be Escaping from online for one week and spending time with my family and friends we meet onboard. We had online last time because our house was in the market and we had kids with my sister. This time kids are with us and we are not selling a home ;).

Last time we paid for online, but honestly posting online can't wait. It just distracts me from truly relaxing and being in the moment. To each his/her own but I'll be Escaping from online for one week and spending time with my family and friends we meet onboard. We had online last time because our house was in the market and we had kids with my sister. This time kids are with us and we are not selling a home ;).

We feel the same way. No work. No traffic. No Worries!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to find any internet package available for our 11/21 Thanksgiving Cruise as of yet...anyone else?

I was also interested in the infrastructure of the wifi system on the Escape. As a brand new ship, I would hope that NCL would be utilizing newer technology than was available on the other away's. I had hoped that eroller's buddy who is actually working with NCL on the internet system would possibly have some insight...71 days to go

I don't see a internet package on our 12/5 sailing either. Did I miss something?

Which ship were you on? How was the connection?

Ladies! You all are disappointing me! That Carolina person seems to do perfumes and.. handbags! Come on! Shopping for handbags and perfume in air conditioned shops onboard whilst on vacation, not having to wait to dock in some hot and crowded port.. must be a dream come true! :D

LaCoste will be great for a polo shirt and some sneakers if they drop your luggage in the sea or if it's delayed on the flight in.. instead of wearing NCL logo wear all week long. :D

Have to agree...I'm not a movie star and cannot afford a dress or clothes that are thousands of dollars! We will still have a great trip though!

Barnacle, what's the purpose of the extendable beam crane in the bow's (docking aid) doors, besides loading on and off a replacement winch for that deck, or change an anchor with a second chain/line? Has it a backup function as it seems to be one of the few place where the ship can independently load and unload goods without the need of a forklift?

escape234_v-vierspaltig.jpg

escape240_v-vierspaltig.jpg

Seems they are doing some small load test with it on the pics from http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Ozeanriese-ist-bereit-fuer-Nadeloehr-Ems,escape256.html

Just crossed my mind. Thanks!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Hi eroller...Have you heard anything back from your buddy regarding the internet on the Escape? Thanks

He is now in Alaska for a week but I hope to get together for lunch when he gets back. So unfortunately haven't heard anything yet.

Is she still due to head up the River to the North Sea on Wednesday 16th Sept for start of sea trails?

According to the link Freestylenovice posted below your post, http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Ozeanriese-ist-bereit-fuer-Nadeloehr-Ems,escape256.html, yes, it is still scheduled for then. But photo #14 says the weather conditions must be ideal, and it does not look good as of right now... We'll see...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Papenburg+Germany+GMXX2751:1:GM

Yup, service announcements for the local railroad (they have to lift out a railroad bridge in the river, one of the obstacles on the river Ems) are already out.

Besides the forecasted showers and a breeze not much happening mid week, less wind near the weekend.

They're probably already, or will be soon, rising the water levels in the Ems by closing dams to have enough draught.

According to the link Freestylenovice posted below your post, http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Ozeanriese-ist-bereit-fuer-Nadeloehr-Ems,escape256.html, yes, it is still scheduled for then. But photo #14 says the weather conditions must be ideal, and it does not look good as of right now... We'll see...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Papenburg+Germany+GMXX2751:1:GM

Yup, service announcements for the local railroad (they have to lift out a railroad bridge in the river, one of the obstacles on the river Ems) are already out.

Besides the forecasted showers and a breeze not much happening mid week, less wind near the weekend.

They're probably already, or will be soon, rising the water levels in the Ems by closing dams to have enough draught.

Exciting stuff!!! Thanks :)

Barnacle, what's the purpose of the extendable beam crane in the bow's (docking aid) doors, besides loading on and off a replacement winch for that deck, or change an anchor with a second chain/line? Has it a backup function as it seems to be one of the few place where the ship can independently load and unload goods without the need of a forklift?

The crane can be used for a variety of purposes. Yes, it can be used to lift a variety of spare parts, although entire winches/windlasses and anchors far exceed its lifting capacity. Think smaller (e.g. mooring lines, small replacement parts for machinery). It's also used to raise/lower the paint raft, a small boat with an outboard motor that the deck crew use as a floating platform for maintenance. Considering the complexity of the hull art, the raft and crane will see much use!

For those interested, NCL recently posted new floor plans for all categories of staterooms. It should be of particular interest to those discussing the Deluxe Spa Suite a few days ago.

The crane can be used for a variety of purposes. Yes, it can be used to lift a variety of spare parts, although entire winches/windlasses and anchors far exceed its lifting capacity. Think smaller (e.g. mooring lines, small replacement parts for machinery). It's also used to raise/lower the paint raft, a small boat with an outboard motor that the deck crew use as a floating platform for maintenance. Considering the complexity of the hull art, the raft and crane will see much use!

For those interested, NCL recently posted new floor plans for all categories of staterooms. It should be of particular interest to those discussing the Deluxe Spa Suite a few days ago.

Thanks!

And wow, check out that H8! Niiice cabin! :D

H8-SPA-S_Escape_2015-08-28.jpg

YES it is!! I see they finally published the floor plans for the H6's too... :D

ry%3D480

What NCL has published for the Escape is very similar to what is on their site for the Breakway and Getaway. I wonder why they choose to publish the "bed by the balcony" layout and not the "bath by the balcony"?? :confused:

Are there more of the "bed by the balcony" cabins?? We've been on 9 for the Breakaway and Getaway - and they've got the bathroom by the balcony - so I'm curious!

Here is what the NCL site has for the Breakaway and Getaway.....

ry%3D400

Edited by happy cruzin

What NCL has published for the Escape is very similar to what is on their site for the Breakway and Getaway. I wonder why they choose to publish the "bed by the balcony" layout and not the "bath by the balcony"?? :confused:

Are there more of the "bed by the balcony" cabins?? We've been on 9 for the Breakaway and Getaway - and they've got the bathroom by the balcony - so I'm curious! Thanks :)

Yes. If I recall correctly, only 4 H6 suites have the bath by the balcony. The other 10 have the bed by the balcony.

Yes. If I recall correctly, only 4 H6 suites have the bath by the balcony. The other 10 have the bed by the balcony.

Ahh....THAT would explain it!

Then "most" of those looking at H6's would have the layout they publish. Makes perfect sense. Having never been anywhere but 9 - I'd never really stopped to think how many of each there might be! :o

Thanks!

YES it is!! I see they finally published the floor plans for the H6's too... :D

ry%3D480

Yay! Can't wait.... only 47 more days until sailing! Finally get to see what the suite will look like. The only thing I'm not thrilled with, is it doesn't look like there's a natural place for my laptop... my vacation is better when I don't have to fear 800 emails on my return... if I can just file those that require no other action.... but do I have to do that sitting on the couch & leaning over to the coffee table?

Edited by sjbdtz

Yay! Can't wait.... only 47 more days until sailing! Finally get to see what the suite will look like. The only thing I'm not thrilled with, is it doesn't look like there's a natural place for my laptop... my vacation is better when I don't have to fear 800 emails on my return... if I can just file those that require no other action.... but do I have to do that sitting on the couch & leaning over to the coffee table?

In the H6's on Breakaway/Getaway, I usually set my laptop up on the vanity near the bed. You can see it in the rendering. I've also used the dining table in the living room. I just ask the butler to put the daily goodies on a different counter or on the coffee table.

Ahh....THAT would explain it!

Then "most" of those looking at H6's would have the layout they publish. Makes perfect sense. Having never been anywhere but 9 - I'd never really stopped to think how many of each there might be! :o

Thanks!

I am not sure if I agree. On the Breakaway the only H6 cabins with the bed next to the balcony were on decks 11 and 14 (which is 4) the remainder had the bath overlooking the balcony.