Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Freestyle, this is Getaway's paint raft. More often than not, this is what that crane will be handling.

Thanks! Nice small outboard, probably a diesel one instead of regular? I even saw one of those rafts in the past, now I know where they went hehe! :)

Poor guys probably have the walk the dock in their paint clothing as they aren't allowed to stay on the raft while being hoisted back on? :D

Stephen,

If you look at the artist rendering, it does show a desk and chair. But on the actual floor plan, it's hard to see.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/detail#ESCAPE_The_Haven_Aft_Facing_Penthouse_with_Master_Bedroom_and_Balcony_H6_R-staterooms-gallery

I love the floor plan of my H7 but am disappointed to see such a tiny balcony.

Tracy

That's actually a rendering of an H7. If you open the image in a new tab, you can see the file name is "ncl_BA+_FF_PH_LvgRm_S7."

It's shorthand for "NCL Breakaway+ Forward Facing Penthouse Living Room S7."

Thanks! Nice small outboard, probably a diesel one instead of regular? I even saw one of those rafts in the past, now I know where they went hehe! :)

Poor guys probably have the walk the dock in their paint clothing as they aren't allowed to stay on the raft while being hoisted back on? :D

Greetings

It look like an ordinary Tohatsu gasoline outboard. Not sure anyone makes diesels that small.

Good Sailing

Tom

That's actually a rendering of an H7. If you open the image in a new tab, you can see the file name is "ncl_BA+_FF_PH_LvgRm_S7."

It's shorthand for "NCL Breakaway+ Forward Facing Penthouse Living Room S7."

Strange because when I open it the extension says H6. Oh well, guess everyone will find out on board.

Tracy

Greetings

It look like an ordinary Tohatsu gasoline outboard. Not sure anyone makes diesels that small.

Good Sailing

Tom

I guess you are right. So they have to carry gasoline in a (small) tank too, any other appliances that use gasoline? Tenders, fast boats, all are diesel I suppose?

A bit too wide to post but..

11958230_949055051841260_5645829822165883227_o.jpg

Credit: Rocky4ever

Seems there are (open) doors at what the bathroom or bedroom should be on those aft Haven suites, does this clear anything up?

I only peeked inside the living room of one on the Breakaway a long long time ago.. :D

Well that does make it seem that the ones on 9 are bed by the balcony - because that door on the port side is where our shower was on the Aways!

Agree, but I was trying to post the link to the general Escape Haven cabins. Once you get there, there is a list by Haven type (H4, 5, 6, 7, etc).

Looks like the aft PH does have a desk area (at least in the artist rendering). I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

Tracy

Agree, but I was trying to post the link to the general Escape Haven cabins. Once you get there, there is a list by Haven type (H4, 5, 6, 7, etc).

Looks like the aft PH does have a desk area (at least in the artist rendering). I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

Tracy

It's a rendering of an H7. That's all I can say, and this is the last time I'll say it. I guess you'll be surprised? :rolleyes:

Local Dutch news reports Escape will dock in the Dutch Eemshaven (Ems harbour) at noon wednesday 16th Sept. If all goes according to plan.

Seems a bit early and optimistic to me, if they start the conveyance the same morning? But I guess the news is coming from some kind of press announcement. :)

She will leave the Eemshaven at September 23th.

The Eemshaven is small industrial port in the northern part of the Netherlands/Holland, near the German border.

eemshaven-luchtfoto.jpg

BA and GA also went to Eemshaven for supplies and last finishing touches.

Always great to see the Dutch flag on a NCL ship! :D

This from the Eemshaven port website,apologies for the poor English blame a well known translation website for it's interpretation!

"The expectation is that the newest, most beautiful cruise ship Meyer Werft, the Norwegian Escape Wednesday, September 16th arrived around 12:00 at the mouth of the Eemshaven. This remains subject to weather conditions and water levels on the river Ems!

In connection with increasing international safety standards are unfortunately not allowed interested parties to stand on the docks and in the harbor areas. On the map below shows where it is possible to admire the Norwegian Escape.

It is expected that the cruise ship until September 23 remains in the Eemshaven. After that, a trial takes place."

A bit too wide to post but..

11958230_949055051841260_5645829822165883227_o.jpg

Credit: Rocky4ever

Seems there are (open) doors at what the bathroom or bedroom should be on those aft Haven suites, does this clear anything up?

I only peeked inside the living room of one on the Breakaway a long long time ago.. :D

Greetings

She seems to have a starboard list in this photo. Guess they haven't trimmed her ballast tanks yet.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

She seems to have a starboard list in this photo. Guess they haven't trimmed her ballast tanks yet.

Good Sailing

Tom

Port sides lifeboats and tenders are not up yet so that might be a reason, not sure.

And with the conveyance ahead keeping her light as possible and her hotel porcelain yet to be loaded they might wait with it. ;)

Local Dutch news reports Escape will dock in the Dutch Eemshaven (Ems harbour) at noon wednesday 16th Sept. If all goes according to plan.

I bet that´s more than optimistic as Meyer Werft speaker told the NDR TV station the ems conveyance is planned to start at noon on Wednesday. So unless the ship can be at two locations at the same time...:D

It´s a bit weiry that Meyer Werft still hasn´t disclosed any schedule. This is pretty late!! Usually a time table is announced about a week ahead. It may be revised due to weather conditions. But this time there´s nothing so far.

steamboats

Hmmm..

Well, some further down the road:

Friday, September 25th, Columbus quay in Bremerhaven, Germany, for a day or two and sea trials after that and ..(supplied? my German and even Google Translate are letting me down?) between October 2nd and 22th.

http://www.nwzonline.de/bremerhaven/escape-nimmt-kurs-auf-seestadt_a_30,1,407114715.html

Hmmm..

Well, some further down the road:

Friday, September 25th, Columbus quay in Bremerhaven, Germany, for a day or two and sea trials after that and ..(supplied? my German and even Google Translate are letting me down?) between October 2nd and 22th.

http://www.nwzonline.de/bremerhaven/escape-nimmt-kurs-auf-seestadt_a_30,1,407114715.html

Arrival in Bremerhaven on Sept 25th, staying for one or two days, then off for sea trial.

They finish the ship (furniture, equipment, etc.) in Bremerhaven between Oct 2nd - 25th.

Due to the total weight of the ship they have to finish it after the conveyance.