Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

All very true! Even with the downturn in the Chinese economy I think the yields are higher than North America and Europe and apparently the onboard spend is outrages. .

Ernie, your typo had me LOL, literally.

Because of course, in China the spend would be outrageous,

whereas on CC, the discussion about it is outrages... :eek::D

Stephen

Is it me, or does the description of the Escape Haven sound a bit like the Epic Haven? The Epic had two decks of suites and also had a private elevator between 15, 16 and 18 (Posh).

I'm going to miss certain aspects of the Epic Haven, including access to Posh and the open-air, but closed-off casual eating/bar area, and the private gym. I'm anxiously awaiting to see the new area to see how it all adds up.

The deck plans say there is a "open deck" area to the Haven on the Escape. Starboard - on 19!

Just because I really really like the improved Spice :D

Thanks for the great photos. I haven't been on an -Away ship, what do you like about the improved Spice on the Escape? Are Spice and the Grotto both much bigger on the Escape?

Edited by Yorkvillain

All times given are- of course - German times as they are published like this in German media or on the Meyer Website ;).

As we still have DST we´re GMT +2 right now.

steamboats

Greetings

Thanks steamboats!!! It's the DST I wasn't sure about. It always throws things off for me.

Good Sailing

Tom

How exactly does this help? Motleyfan is as entitled as anyone else on this board to post whenever and whatever he wishes. This entire website is about cruising and Motleyfan posts about that subject. Seems there are a few that take the name Cruise "Critic" a bit too literally. Let the man be and just move on. If you don't like what he posts, simply don't read it or put him on your ignore list. Problem solved. I personally think his enthusiasm for life is wonderful. Motleyfan has not had the easiest of lives if you read all his posts across these boards. I cannot fathom why he seems to get singled out so much by a certain few.

While I realize this tirade has nothing to do with the Escape, the treatment Motleyfan has received on this board in particular has bothered me for quite some time. The fact that it has once again spread to yet another thread pushed me past the point of staying quiet.

I apologize to those that simply came here to read about the Escape. Most that post on this thread are very excited to have the opportunity to cruise on a brand new ship and Motleyfan is no different. I will take a deep breath now and move on.

Motleyfan, you come back to this board and post as much and whatever you like. Your excitement for your upcoming cruise brings joy to some of us. Don't let some here chase you away. I can't stand bullies, especially cowardly cyber types.

Is Food Republic a lunch only venue? I don't see it available for reservations.

From what I've read, Food Republic is only a'la carte...from the thread from Carolyn who toured the ship yesterday for CC:

"Food Republic I'm still trying to get a handle on. It's very close to the brewpub and in fact will provide foor service for it. A'la carte priced. The space wasn't really ready to be seen. Am told the Food Republic will be semi-service, in which you sit down, order by iPad, and the food is brought to you."

Motleyfan, you come back to this board and post as much and whatever you like. Your excitement for your upcoming cruise brings joy to some of us. Don't let some here chase you away. I can't stand bullies, especially cowardly cyber types.

Motleyfan, if you were on my Thanksgiving cruise, I'd do a few shots with you...keep smiling, and don't let the negative Nancys get you down :D.

From what I've read, Food Republic is only a'la carte...from the thread from Carolyn who toured the ship yesterday for CC:

"Food Republic I'm still trying to get a handle on. It's very close to the brewpub and in fact will provide foor service for it. A'la carte priced. The space wasn't really ready to be seen. Am told the Food Republic will be semi-service, in which you sit down, order by iPad, and the food is brought to you."

Thanks Kismet! I see what you are saying as food service for the District Brew House. Makes sense.

Since NCL is seemingly releasing the itinerary late, does anyone have an idea on how late?

Summer 2017 itineraries are released in a couple of months or so, I should think Bliss's would be at the same time.

March 2017 is DH's 70th and he is beyond excited!!! I had booked an Epic Med for March 2017 and it was a 11 day and had ports we wanted to visit/re-visit but the cruise got cancelled.

DH is already excited to go on Escape TA and he will be equally the same for Bliss since I told him it's launching in March 2017. :D:D

Thanks for the great photos. I haven't been on an -Away ship, what do you like about the improved Spice on the Escape? Are Spice and the Grotto both much bigger on the Escape?

Spice H2O originated from Epic, where tiered seating/loungers, a small buffet and bar with enough seating and tables in front, a large screen and jacuzzis and even a small pool were perfect.

On Breakaway and Getaway there's no pool, just a smaller water function but it does not appeal and missing the tiers, the somewhat in-the-middle jacuzzis just make it an odd, empty aft deck. To me and some others that is. There is an pic at http://www.cruiseabout.com.au/cruise-news/files/2013/04/norwegianbreakaway-381-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg (not showing it in code to avoid confusing for Escape's.. :D )

On Escape, seems similar in size to BA and GA they brought back the tiers, expanded the water function and upgraded the experience of it, the details on the jacuzzis and adding a shower next to them is great! Much more of how it is on Epic. :)

Spice H2O originated from Epic, where tiered seating/loungers, a small buffet and bar with enough seating and tables in front, a large screen and jacuzzis and even a small pool were perfect.

On Breakaway and Getaway there's no pool, just a smaller water function but it does not appeal and missing the tiers, the somewhat in-the-middle jacuzzis just make it an odd, empty aft deck. To me and some others that is. There is an pic at http://www.cruiseabout.com.au/cruise-news/files/2013/04/norwegianbreakaway-381-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg (not showing it in code to avoid confusing for Escape's.. :D )

On Escape, seems similar in size to BA and GA they brought back the tiers, expanded the water function and upgraded the experience of it, the details on the jacuzzis and adding a shower next to them is great! Much more of how it is on Epic. :)

Great, thanks!

The ship looks amazing. Thanks to everyone posting pictures. I cant wait to see more. Although its very similar to Breakaway/Getaway which is not too exciting but exciting enough. YES, I know its the Breakaway Plus line which of course is very similar to Breakaway :)

I love looking at new ships!

I am not sailing for awhile but cant wait for the reviews to come pouring in!

O.k., folks, stay in bed and add two more hours of sleep... Latest news is now 2 pm!

On weather forecast website says 11-12 km/h of wind which slows down in the afternoon to 7 km/h. 20% chance of rain. Overcast with some breaks in the afternoon.

steamboats

Can you post a link to the webcams? Thanks for all the updates!